Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 05:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

3x08"Second Sons" Episode Discussion (Airs May 19th)

King’s Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Dany meets the Titan’s Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman.

" Second Sons"
(3x08 Episode Discussion)

Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

only 3 episodes left makes me so sad
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Being a fan of the HBO series and/or the books requires an extraordinary degree of patience and commitment. It's the price we pay.

I loved parts of last week's episode and hated some of it. I hope tonight's "Second Sons" leaves me less conflicted.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Gonna write a proper review while I rewatch the episode. Just wanna say that it made me drink an immense amount of wine and I feel similar to Tyrion right now. Too much second hand embarrassment for one episode. I watched half of it through my fingers cause I could barely look at it, not even the wine helped.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Sam Sam he's our man!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
Sam Sam he's our man!
Oh yeah that's true yay for Sam the Slayer! So glad they included this even if it was a little late. And the scene was great it had me gasping even though I knew what would happen.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
Sam Sam he's our man!
Pretty much sums up the episode!

Well that, and Daario Naharis...

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Pretty much sums up the episode!

Well that, and Daario Naharis...
Amen. I am disappointed about Sansa's wedding, though. But Joffrey...just when I thought I couldn't hate the little any more than I already do,he gets worse and sinks to an all-new low.

Ugh...Gendry and Melissandre-There are no words. WTF?!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Okay here we go. Does anyone even read my reviews? Anyway...I'm not sure what to think of this episode (aside from the fact that I could baerly look at some scenes) I mean I guess it had some good scenes but... why don't you ask the empty bottle of wine next to me? (Even though one and a half glasses of it weren't mine)

Arya... my poor Arya 5 minutes in and I was already close to crying because the Hound told her about how Sansa was almost raped. Her face when he told her he's taking her to Cat and Robb
Spoiler:

Daario I'm not sure if I will ever trust you but you fineeeee.
Dear jackass... the woman attached to that **** you want to see could rip you into pieces
I love how she points out that not so long ago she had nothing and now she has dragons and an army. She will take what is hers. And I love how Jorah and Barristan are always by her side.

Should I even waste a single word on that crap with Gendry and Melisandre? Eh... maybe I will some day... but right now it could get... well let's just say you haven't seen me really pissed off and drunk yet and you don't want to I'm dark and full of terrors... especially after seeing all that...

Davos learning how to read His smile after reading the part about Vhagar :3

Here we go with the awkwardness. I won't even rewatch this now.. let's see what I can recall from my memory... I thought that Tyrion treated her as good as was possible in this situation and I love him for it. And I love Sansa for handling it with so much grace. Basically I love them both and I feel so much pity for them. Drunk!Tyrion was sad and hilarious at the same time. I AM SO GLAD THEY KEPT IN THE PART WITH TYRION THREATENING THAT LITTLE ****!

Oh I do love Daenerys and Missandei together. More of that! Please! Also love her strength and how she faced Daario. QUEEN!!

Liking the scenes with Gilly and Sam. They're sweet together. AND FINALLY SAM THE SLAYER. That scene was so good. I stared at my screen with an open mouth for a long moment even though I knew this would happen. Awesome.

Spoiler:

Last edited by | Sofia |; 05-19-2013 at 08:23 PM
Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Is it on you LJ? I'd read it. I'm very disappointed about the cloak as someone who's been spoiled about the books. Why couldn't she get her chance to be rebellious?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

No I only do the reviews here. I think that one was the shortest this season...
Old 05-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Most uncomfortable wedding ever!!

Loved that Tyrion was so kind to Sansa and that he wouldn't force her to do anything that she didn't want too.

Love how Olenna was trying to figure out how everyone was going to be related to each other between the Lannisters and Tyrells

Sam The Slayer!!!!!

And... Daario yes i hate him in the books and i hate him in the show.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 05-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Awkward = this episode lol, but not completely in a terrible way I guess?

The Melisandre and Gendry stuff was my least favorite. It was just...weird and I really just don't like her at all? Stannis needs to get rid of her and Davos should help save Gendry.

Tyrion is my baby forever. Sansa is my baby forever. I felt so bad for them both. This is not what they wanted, and watching Tyrion get that drunk was painful. I wanted to rip Joffery's tongue from his mouth (where's Khal Drogo when you need him?) he is down right disgusting, and oh he refers to himself as a Lannister now? I was borderline cheering when Tyrion told him what's what. Sansa couldn't really react, but I'm sure she was a mixture of scared but also feeling "that's right you a**hole!" Tyrion handled the honeymoon very well. I know he likes Sansa and respects her. Plus I'm glad he was in the room so Joffery wouldn't come in. I hope he can continue to protect her from him, but I imagine it will be a challenge. Not to mention Littlefinger will probably creep his creepy self back into the picture somehow.

Cersei and the Tyrells = awk. I did not like Cersei talking to Margaery like that, but I guess she has reason to in her own mind. Poor Loras. He's going to have it rough

Dany was awesome as usual. Daario is a cutie, but idk if I trust him yet. Dany has a lot that people want from her, so we'll see how he does. Killing those men was cool, but not convincing me that he's going to be 100% down for Dany.

Sam was freakin amazing. Him and Gilly are perfection. I hope she names the baby Sam or John!

Also, I am happy Sandor is taking Arya to her family. That made me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Is it on you LJ? I'd read it. I'm very disappointed about the cloak as someone who's been spoiled about the books. Why couldn't she get her chance to be rebellious?
I don't think that with the way they set up everything that it would come across as being rebellious toward the Lannister family, you know? Like people in the book are privy to Sansa's thoughts which tell why she did not kneel in the books. In the show it would have just looked like she was making an awkward situation worse, and prolly would have contributed to "Sansa hate" even though we know better. I DO hope they allow her to be rebellious to the Lannister family in another way tho. I don' think it should be at Tyrion's expense. It seems like anytime Tyrion has something bad happen to him that it actually pleases Tywin, Cersei, and Joffery. So, I'd rather her rebellion be more direct anyways is what I'm saying

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~

Last edited by theultimateawesome; 05-20-2013 at 07:13 AM
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
and oh he refers to himself as a Lannister now?
This is something that has always bothered me about the show. Joffrey is officially a Baratheon (unofficially he's not even a Lannister he's a bastard) yet he dresses in Lannister colors most of the time. His armor at the battle of the Blackwater was a Lannister armor as well. Officially he's a Stag, not a Lion. And you'd think they'd make sure to point that out especially with the rumors about his true parentage out there. And now apparently he even forgot that he is actually a Baratheon...
And it's also odd because why would he pride himself more with his Mother's house than his Father's? We know how little respect he has left for her so...

Spoiler:
Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Well apparently at the wedding they had him in gold and neutral colors because they realized they had him in red too often. I forget where I read that but yeah

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~