Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

3x05 "Kissed By Fire." Episode Discussion (Airs April 28th)

The Hound is judged by the gods; Jaime is judged; Jon proves himself; Robb is betrayed; Tyrion learns the cost of weddings.

"Kissed By Fire. "
(3x05 Episode Discussion)

Old 04-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Maurice! It's going to be a great episode!!!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait. This episode is going to be awsome. So much is going to happen I now it. So glad jaime and brienne are at harrenhal finally. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time now. And I really want to see a really intenes fight scene. Witch I think we will get judging by the trailers we'v seen.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jon proves himself
Yeah I bet he will
Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 AM
Moderator Manager

I can't wait!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

I can't wait too

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

That ending, was interesting indeed!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Looks like Jon Snow knows something after all!

Easily the best episode of the season, if not the series. Every award in existence to NCW for his portrayal of Jaime. He's brilliant.

Arya and Gendry parting - - Knew it was coming, but still sucked.

Oh Robb.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, Tywin has heard the rumors about Jamie and Cersi, because Stannis had been loudly declaring them, but does he believes them,or does he think they are just rumors to discredit his family?.

Speaking of Jamie , is Brienne the first person he told the truth to? Do you think Jamie told Cersei the truth?

There were a lots of butt's shown in tonight's episode, I wonder if that was really NCW(Jamie's) or a body double?

If I'm not mistaken, Loras' new boyfriend said his name was Polliver. Isn't that's the guy who stole Needle.

Stannis's wife proves that she is more crazy than Catelyn Stark's sister.

..and I love the scene between Ygriette and Jon. I guess Jon does know something after all.

Last edited by Damon's secret; 04-29-2013 at 11:11 AM
Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

BEST EPISODE YET OMG!!! Pretty sure that I loved every single scene of it. And 70% of them made me cry my eyes out.

The fight between Beric and The Hound was so good even though I knew how it would end. The fear in Sandor's eyes. Always with the ****ing fire

JON AND YGRITTE YES FINALLYYYYY!!! They kept it so close to the books and pretty much kept all the lines exactly as they were as far as I can tell. That made me so happy that I'd wish they do that more often. And yes the scene itself I just... finally a sex scene that is important and GOOOD!!!!
Spoiler:

Lord Bolton is finally showing what a dick he is, eh? Awesome No but seriously I felt bad for Jaime when he broke down like that I was eating popcorn and had to stop eating it when Qyburn started poking around in Jaime's stump... ew.

I still don't understand why Petyr didn't tell Tywin that Arya was his cup bearer. Wonder what his plan is...

Lady Olenna Tyrell being more awesome than everyone again. I bet if it wasn't for her we would have heard stories about Podrick's magic disco stick again

THAT ARYA/GENDRY SCENE!!!! For a moment I thought we would get the wrestling. So long Acorn Hall and The Peach
But OMG that scene I don't even have the words. "I can be your family." I actually started howling okay. I HOWLED! I didn't even hear the rest I have it pause right now hold on.
OMG HOW DARE YOU **** YOU *******S WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME I HATE YOU ALL THE MUSIC AND THEIR FACES I AM SO DONE LEAVE ME HERE TO DIE I CAN'T

I need a minute.

Okay. I'm back *sniff* Damn it Robb you should have listened to them The King who lost the North hahahahaha do you think this is funny do you want me to drown in my tears you dicks?! And his face after he executed him UGHHHH Richard is such a good actor though.

Arya my babyyyy "Could you bring back a man without a head?" I changed my mind don't keep the lines from the book I am drowning in my tears already. Maisie's face She is such a good actress my gods have you guys notice how ****ing talented these actors are??
I'm also loving Thoro's and Beric more and more.

Selyse is ****ing cray cray ARE THOSE DEAD BABIES WHAT THE ****??!!! I barely read and Davos chapters please someone tell me what the hell is up with the dead babies in the tanks? PLEASE?
Shireen Baratheon... golden haired... DUN DUN DUNNNN
She's cute though another amazing child actress. The make up for her Greyscale is a bit much though... but maybe I just hoped it was less that was always described. Also, Stannis won't get any Father of the year awards like that

The bathtub scene! Another scene I have been waiting for seriously this episode is killing me I think they have been waiting so long with the good stuff and put it in one episode just to kill me
The silence and the look when Brienne stood up... Yes this scene is goooooood.
And once again I'd like to point out how amazing these actors are since once again I am crying.

Ser Onion Knight. THAT SCENE IS JUST TOO CUTE FOR WORDS I CAN'T!! ARGH
I love how they made the transition from Shireen reading about Aegon to Dany

Well well...
Spoiler:

I'm really liking the Jorah/Barristan scenes... I'd really ****ing like a Dany/Jorah scene though (Sorry I'm getting impatient here.)
Dany's face when Grey Worm told her his name makes him proud because it was the one he had when she freed him. BREAKER OF SHACKLES!

Yeah they were right Robb so why didn't you listen to them?
Spoiler:

Sansa being all happy about being betrothed to Loras while he's flirting with some dude was kinda hilarious to be honest First I didn't like that he was getting it on with him (because of Renly ) and didn't really know why they would do that but luckily it wasn't just another useless sex scene and was actually important.

Kinda funny how I noticed that Sansa is wearing her hair like Margaery before Littlefinger even pointed it out

Oh man you know how every time you watch TITANIC you hope the ship won't sink? Yeah I was hoping this won't happen even though I knew :/ I never know who to feel more sorry for. Tyrion or Sansa. I love how smug Cersei looked and how that smugness was gone when Tywin told her she'd marry Loras. He's the heir? So Willas and Garlan don't exist at all? That's upsetting

YES. GOOD EPISODE. YES. So many scenes I have been waiting for. And many scenes were close to the book I really like that I want them to continue doing that. GOOD episode. Very good episode

Last edited by | Sofia |; 04-28-2013 at 11:08 PM
Old 04-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Another amazing episode

I felt bad for poor Sandor, the guy is terrified of fire and he has to have a fight with a guy with flaming sword.

Poor Arya was breaking my heart, everyone keeps leaving her, now Gendry is gone and her talking about Ned and if it was possible to bring him back

Jon finally knows something

Robb should listen to his mother and wife. He war is slowing slipping away from him even though it was the right thing to do.

Loved that smug look on Cersei's face and loved it even more when the tables were turned on her.

Selyse is frakking crazy!!! I wonder if Stannis actually has her locked in that room, that is just so wrong having your dead babies in jars Shireen was very sweet

Jaime Jaime Jaime.... wow that was just amazing. I've been waiting to here the story of what really happend in Kings Landing when the Mad King was killed and Nik just blew it out of the water
Imagine how different things could have been if what he did was known, he did the right thing and saved thousand of people but all they see is someone who broke an oath.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Another great episode!

Jon/Ygritte & Jaime/Brienne scenes were all steamy in different levels.

I like the story of Jaime on how he killed the Mad King Aerys.

I also love the Gendry/Arya scene. And I'm also liking Thoros so much.

Robb cutting off Karstark's head. HA! Although I think it just seemed so out-of-place where all this rage was coming from?

Also poor daughter of Stannis. Those stillborn babies may have given me slight nightmares. As is with that shot of Jaime's rotting hand. Ew.

End part with Tywin telling Tyrion to marry Sansa AND Cersei to marry Loras was too much. My reactions were different: enraged with the thought of Tyrion marrying Sansa and laughing that Cersei had no choice (and say) that she has to marry Loras. This will account for 3 weddings now.

Also, I want more Lady Olenna & Tyrion scenes please.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

This episode was such an emotional roller coaster.
First of all, Stannis and his scenes were amazing. I'm surprised to see very women around him crazy for the God of light. It was amazing to see him being a dad,I didn't know he had a daughter and she's the cutest. I love her already. She was so cute taking care of Davos.

Of course Littlefinger was going to ask Sansa about her intentions. I feel like had she not opted for waiting and agreed to go with him he would have never told the Lannisters about her and possible Loras union.
OMG I can't believe it about that last scene. Loras and Cersei? I felt for Cersei when she was begging her father not to do it. And Sansa/Tyrion? Well they could have settled her with someone who wouldn't care about her at all. At least he does recognize all the things she's been through and since he does have a heart hopefully he'll treat her well. Still hoping none of them will actually happen My poor baby Sansa All the time when she thinks she's going to have a chance to be happy she gets that possibility away from her.

I felt sick about those poor Lannister kids. I swear it. It was gross and unnecessary. And poor Robb,please let him win. I don't know if Argus Filch will let him use his men since he married Talisa.

Arya,my poor baby. When she talked about Ned... And I hope Gendry wasn't serious about staying with the brotherhood. I see his reasons,but I don't know,I'm used to see him and Arya as the same package they shouldn't be separated
Also a question does Gendry know he's actually a bastard and a possible Baratheon to be put on the throne? I don't remember it.

Jaime had me at his My name is Jaime. It was a relief to see Bolton being honest about the battle of Blackwater. I thought he was going to break him for good with his lie,but thankfully he didn't.

Thoros and Beric new brotp of the show? Are they the new Davos and Stannis?

Quote:
Also, I want more Lady Olenna & Tyrion scenes please.
I second this
Quote:
Well, Tywin has heard the rumors about Jamie and Cersi, because Stannis had been loudly declaring them, but does he believes them,or does he think they are just rumors to discredit his family?.
I don't think he cares if they're true or not. I think he just wants them to be stopped because they are somehow ruining the family's name.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 04-29-2013 at 03:21 AM
Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Robb mentions Walder Frey - I throw myself out the window screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want more Davos and Shireen because I swear the way Davos looks at her, it's like she is his whole world, even more than Stannis, like he'd do anything for her.

And Nikolaj....ugh, I have loved that man since I was 9 years old and have waited all that time for all the people to recognize his talent and I'm so glad tonight they gave him the chance to show what he can do and I'm so over the moon!

And I love the ending song - Kerry Ingram has a beautiful voice and plays Shireen perfectly No surprise there that they got her to sing, especially considering her work on stage and winning an Olivier for best actress

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 04-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon's secret (View Post)
Speaking of Jamie , is Brienne the first person he told the truth to? Do you think Jamie told Cersei the truth?
Brienne is the only person he has ever told. Neither his sister nor his brother know the truth. He tried explaining to Ned and (as he says in the episode) Ned didn't believe him.

Quote:
There were a lots of butt's shown in tonight's episode, I wonder if that was really NCW(Jamie's) or a body double?
I believe that was really him, since you can see him pretty clearly when he turns slightly in the tub. It's almost certainly Nik's tailfeathers.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, Loras' new boyfriend said his name was Polliver. Isn't that's the guy who stole Needle.
Oliver. He's just one of LF's spies.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.