Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

3x03 "Walk of Punishment " Episode Discussion (Airs April 13th)

Tyrion gains new responsibilities; Jon is taken to the Fist of the First Men; Daenerys meets with the slavers; Jaime strikes a deal with his captors.

"Walk of Punishment "
(3x03 Episode Discussion)

Last edited by NOLA504; 04-14-2013 at 08:34 AM
Old 04-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the new discussion thread.

Woo-hoo! I can't wait!!!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I cannot wait!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new Thread. Really excited and happy that Dany is back this Episode.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always feel episode miss something without her. so yay!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

So exited.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

.... I.... that was an interesting choice for end credits...
Old 04-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

I know.. it kinda killed the mood? and was kinda... funny? as in let's celebrate? I dunno, I hated it.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

What an ending
Old 04-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

My son and I looked at each other and said "wth is that? The "Bear and Maiden Fair" is sung throughout the books, but it seemed really weird to end this episode with it. Bad rendition of it besides - there's better on YT.

Otherwise, good episode overall but, as usual, the story is neglected in favor of irrelevant and gratuitous brothel scenes .

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 04-14-2013 at 07:54 PM Reason: deletion
Old 04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Really liked this episode

Dany metting with slave trader and wanting all of the unsullied by giving away one of her dragons has to be a trick. and she get's Missandie in the deal too.

that Tyrion/Bronn/Pod scene was so funny! OT3

It was a good idea for the fat kid to stay behind. at some point when would have ended up slowing Arya/Gendry down.

Oh yeah and the council meeting Cersei and Tyrion with the chair moving

Last edited by NOLA504; 04-14-2013 at 08:16 PM
Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

The chair moving was so over the top! ... also love Pod... POD! We need details.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Overall a good episode. Though there were some unneeded scenes. Those make me kinda pissed tbh because there are scenes I want to see SO badly and the time for them is stolen for completely useless scenes that are longer than most important ones So yeah at some point in this review there will be a rant... so don't read if you don't like people complaining.

Oh... oh Edmure.... sweetie no Also loving the Blackfish. It's awesome to finally see the rest of the Tully's and Riverrun

Bahaha oh man I love how Cersei is like **** you I'm gonna sit right next to him and Tyrion sits as far away from him as he can but still in a good enough spot to talk to him properly I think that describes their relationship with their father rather well Also did anyone else notice that Cersei was playing with her hair?

Love how Brienne and Jaime argue over who would have won. Then it got more serious, eh? :/ "Close your eyes and pretend they're Renly." That broke my heart a little.

Oh my gosh Hot Pie making a wolf shaped loaf of bread for Arya! So cute. Loving the looks between the three

Cat needs to stop making me cry every episode
I still don't know what to think about Talisa tbh

One season later and I still want to stab Craster between his eyes

........So Melisandre needs King's blood for another shadow baby or to sacrifice it? I'm confused....

Dany is back! Oh man I love how Jorah and Barristian are already butting heads And Jorah said the line OMG "Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought bravely. And Rhaegar died." One of my fave lines.
Spoiler:

Love how she doesn't take any crap from the two knights. She's the Queen! Bitches best be recognizing
And so the Daenerys/Missandei girl power begins

And here we go with the pointlessness I was talking about. I mean I'm not complaining about the Petyr/Tyrion part...
But the thing with Pod and the whores... did you really have to waste so much time introducing three whores? They've spent less time introducing major characters. Don't even get me started how freaking uncomfortable that scene made me :S Not even because in the book Pod is like what... 12? Yeah.... I just... didn't see the point in dragging this scene out. I get that Tyrion would want to thank him and fine... do it like this it's very... Tyrion but why drag this out?
I also do not understand that we need to know that Pod is so good in bed that as a virgin he made three whores so happy they didn't want the gold...... please I mean come on.... a virgin.... with three women.... whores. These whores must have been incredibly stupid. Even if he was that good. Why not take the money? That scene was just for a laugh and it just annoys me that five minutes (not even counting the part with Tyrion and Petyr) were spent on this scene when it could have gone to others
Spoiler:

Oh gods Theonnnn D:
Spoiler:

BRIENNEEEEEE!!
Love everything about the Jaime/Vargo (I assume he's Vargo?) scene. For a moment there I actually forgot that his hand will get cut off and only remembered when they slammed him onto the table. And holy ****! That scene was done perfectly (aside from the pop rock music after that wth was that?)

I believe this is my longest review yet. Seems like the season is finally picking up it's pace.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

It was good to finally see Riverrun and the rest of the Tully's, better late than never. Loved Robb giving Edmure a dressing down, yes Edmure, you really f@#ked up the plan.

Loved the whole table scene in the small council

Loved Jaime and Brienne arguing about who was the better fighter and Jaime being concerned about Brienne and what they would do to her and doing his best to prevent it. And then his hand i knew it was coming but that was so horrible.

Hope Ghost has finally decided to go look for Jon.

Melisandre going off on a trip is something new. I'm guessing that since a minor book character was left out they are going to probably use
Spoiler:

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 AM
Moderator Manager

I miss my BROTP already.

This episode was hilarious! That arrow always missing, the council meeting and Jaime/Brienne riding the horse. And most of all that Tyrion-Bronn-Podrick scene FTW!!!

1 dragon for 8,000 Unsullied? Seriously? Dragons > Unsullied anytime. I'm looking forward to more Daenerys/Missandei soon.

Catelyn made me teary eyed again.

And I might need therapy after seeing those dead horses and Jaime's hand cut off. What's up with that rock music in the end? It kind of ruined the scene for me.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.