Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

2x08 "The Prince of Winterfell" Episode Discussion (Airs MAY 20th)

At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort. Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen (Tom Wlaschiha) in a way that displeases him. Robb is betrayed. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) and Varys (Conleth Hill) find common ground. Dany ignores Jorah's (Iain Glen) advice. Stannis (Stephen Dillane) and Davos (Liam Cunningham) approach their destination, and Davos is offered a reward.
Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss; directed by Alan Taylor.

The Prince of Winterfell
(2x08 Episode Discussion)

Old 05-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

That about sums it up...
Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

2 more episodes to go. Jeffry has to die and calisie has to pull
Some magic *#.. T and top last season dragon fire walk !!

Glad and this week, had a strong feeling boy and dumb big guy where not dead. Once I saw her I didn't need to see him and everyone alive .

As for the big war looks to be nefarious bloodshed .

Will the Starks reunite and is it possible jeffrey lives but is put in jail
?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

Dear Dolorous Edd,

Why are you so freaking awesome?
"I always imagined I'd be doing something much worse"
"there is nothing worse"
"you don't have much imagination"

Most depressing fatalistic person ever... I love you!

-Brianna
Old 05-21-2012, 05:53 AM
New Fan

Was anyone else extremely pissed at Catelyn Stark? She ruined a huge piece of the North's advantage.

I really need to see Joffrey or a Lannister, not named Tyrion die before the season ends.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffreys_Wet_Diaper (View Post)
Was anyone else extremely pissed at Catelyn Stark? She ruined a huge piece of the North's advantage.

I'm pissed not at Catelyn, but at the writers that decided to change that part of the book, yes Catelyn made a huge mistake, but she did it only after she learned about the deaths of Bran and Rickon, and in the show she doesn't even know, which made her decision stupid.

I always love Arya's scenes, but still I was disappointed we didn't get the weasel soup and her escape was a little underwhelming.

Brienne/Jaime was my favorite scene of the episode.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmabelle (View Post)
I'm pissed not at Catelyn, but at the writers that decided to change that part of the book, yes Catelyn made a huge mistake, but she did it only after she learned about the deaths of Bran and Rickon, and in the show she doesn't even know, which made her decision stupid.
I've never read the books, so pardon my ignorance.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffreys_Wet_Diaper (View Post)
I've never read the books, so pardon my ignorance.
I understand why you would be pissed with her, going only by the show, I'd probably hate her too.
So far I hadn't had a big problem with the deviations from the book, I actually really liked them, but I hated the whole Catelyn/Robb storyline in this episode.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

I liked last night's episode for the most part. Not nearly as much as last week's though. I knew Bran and Rickon weren't dead, not b/c I've read the books (I haven't) but b/c there were too many clues that made me think that those burned bodies were the boys we saw running around at the farm.

Even though Theon didn't actually kill Bran or Rickon, I need him to die a horrible painful death for being a cowardly little weasel who sounds no better than Joffrey most of the time. It's like he's a child stomping his feet wanting daddy to pay attention to him.

I can't be mad at Catelyn for releasing Jaime. To me, I felt like it was something that any mother would do if it would save her children. The Lannisters don't have control of Winterfell so while hearing of her sons "deaths" would have driven her to want to save her girls by sending Jaime back to Kings Landing with Brienne, it also made sense that she would do that even if she thought her sons were alive.

My favorite scene by far was Jaime/Brienne. I'm looking forward to more of them together.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 05-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

JAIME/BRIENNE HAVE LAUNCHED!!!!!

That is all.

(Oh, and I was also happy to see Yara Asha being a little more Asha-like in this episode.)

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:01 PM
New Fan

That episode was extremely corny. Tis show is becoming as soft as melted butter. Snow doesn't kill that girl. The boys are alive. The dwarfs whore is safe. The queen has turned into a caricature. Don't get me started on Rob's romance, which is extremely boring.That was really, really, really, bad. Might have to cut this show loose after this season ends. What a disappointment.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Nice episode. Not the best, but it had its moments.

Arya/Jaqen was great for me. I love Arya's character!
I'm also excited about the Jamie/Brienne lovestory.

What i don't like it's how cheap HBO seem when it comes to extras. Winterfell seems like it has 9 citizents and the King's Landing that everyone is fighting to get, it's just one castle with a bunch of poor/crazy/horny citizents and a dozen of soldiers. Couldn't they hire a few more extras or add some with cgi?
Old 05-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmabelle (View Post)

I always love Arya's scenes, but still I was disappointed we didn't get the weasel soup and her escape was a little underwhelming.

Brienne/Jaime was my favorite scene of the episode.
I thought they did a pretty good job with Catelyn, and her reasons for letting Jaime go, with Brienne(side note SQUEEE!). I mean in this case the added impulse was not learning her sons were dead but rather that Jaime was about to get killed. She made a choice to try to salvage the situation the best she could...
Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
I thought they did a pretty good job with Catelyn, and her reasons for letting Jaime go, with Brienne(side note SQUEEE!). I mean in this case the added impulse was not learning her sons were dead but rather that Jaime was about to get killed. She made a choice to try to salvage the situation the best she could...
I thought her reasoning for freeing Jaime was explained last week after what Brienne told her.

and no Dany til the end of the episode, not cool
Old 05-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
Exactly.

Yes it's different from the book, but Cat had a similarly compelling reason to release Jaime. Brienne stated it last week: "the Kingslayer won't last the night."

If Karstark & Co had killed Jaime, Cat knew that, as soon as word of his death reached KL, Sansa & Arya were as good as tarred heads on a spike. So she took action.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.