Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

2x03 "What Is Dead May Never Die" Episode Discussion(Airs April 15th)

At the Red Keep, Tyrion plots three alliances through the promise of marriage. Catelyn arrives in the Stormlands to forge an alliance of her own. But King Renly, his new wife Margaery and her brother Loras Tyrell have other plans. At Winterfell, Luwin tries to decipher Bran’s dreams.

What Is Dead May Never Die
(2x03 Episode Discussion)

Old 04-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT Maurice!

Can't wait, tomorrow we'll see our girl.

And what a cool ep title, although the Greyjoy words are We Do Not Sow, I love their saying What Is Dead May Never Die more.
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Old 04-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man so much wonderful! And I can't even! Oh! Joy! just... Brienne! and One, two, three! and gahhh! and Gilly and Sam! Oh my how much cuter could that scene possibly have been???
Old 04-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Everything about this episode was awesome!

When Theon got smacked.

Like that there is more Bran this season. can't wait to find out more about those dreams.

Brienne is seems pretty cool as well, when she told Cat not to call her a lady it reminded me of Arya. I hope they meet one day.

It sucks that they killed Yoren. Glad Gendry survived smart thinking by Arya.

Poor Sansa always having to watch what she says/does.

I'm really liking Sam/Gilly

Margaery just to awesome for words

Love how Tyrion set the council up.

Though I do wish there was more followup on the Jon/Craster.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

BRIENNE!!!!!!!!! Margaerys!!!!!!! Oh awesome episode!!!
Theon bb, you'll break my heart...
TK
Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Theon... stop tossing away people who love you for your bitter stupid old dad who never will! Grrr...
Old 04-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

I need more Renly, Loras, and Margaery! I just love them all. This is when I wish they would change things from the books.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM
New Fan

I enjoyed this episode. It felt like the intensity was kicked up a notch.

Of all the storylines we've seen so far I have to say that surprisingly, Theon's has been one of the most gripping. I didn't pay him much attention in Season 1 but that scene with his father when he was all "You gave me away!" was fantastic. You could feel all the pain and bewilderment of the little boy who got sent away even though there is a grown man standing there doing the talking.

It was great to see more of Sansa. I adore her and she's pretty much the only one whose side I'll take over Cersei's. Speaking of whom, her genuine distress when she found out what Tyrion was planning for Mrycella really struck a chord. She doesn't want her daughter to go through what she went through and worse.

I'm starting to wonder about Tyrion. I know he has so much more empathy than his siblings and generally sees the "big picture" but I can't help thinking of that old cliche that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and wondering if being Hand of the King is going to really change him. I loved that scene with him and Varys though, with the riddle. That was great.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

I think it was a fun play on irony or maybe just self involvement that Cersei throw that giant fit of Mrycella being sent to Dorne where was she's smiling and talking about having Sansa marry Joff over her brother's dead body... but seriously how cute is Tommen. "I don't want Sansa's brother to die" Awww! I loves you Tommen!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

The two younger kids seem very normal well mannered compared to their brother Joffrey.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Total Fan

Brienne is great! The casting is perfect here And to think I was so afraid they wouln't do her justice on the show.

Great episode Man, your heart just breaks for Theon.

Yoren was AWESOME. Shame they killed him off, his death was just... I have no words.

Aga

Old 04-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

This episode really had some great intense scenes with pretty amazing acting.

Theon's scenes were pretty sad. I never felt a whole lot for him, but in this episode it was easy to understand what he was going through. His relationship with Robb was so great... it's just gonna get even more sad.

Loved Brienne's introduction. Such a strong character. Very much like an adult version of Arya lol You can tell she's very loyal and I was happy to see Renly truly supportive of her and letting her be part of the kingsguard, despite what seemed like the disapproval of the men around. Now and then it's good to see women being treated well in Westeros lol

Much love for Catelyn too. Always so strong and always so savvy.

Felling for Sansa by each episode and it was nice to hear the other Lannister kids speak. For now they don't seem anything like his brother, and as the series goes it should be interesting to see what comes of them.

Bran keeps being the most adorable kid. But where is Rickon? lol always the forgotten Stark.

Quote:
I need more Renly, Loras, and Margaery! I just love them all. This is when I wish they would change things from the books.
Their dynamic is great and even if things can't change from the books I'm glad that at least they're getting into those three more than the books did.

The last scene with Arya also broke my heart. She's such a fantastic character and I love how quick she was to come up with something.

Yoren You were amazing.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Brienne was great and seriously i can't get over how tall she is, she made Cat look like a little girl.

Poor Theon i felt so bad for him, he really doesn't know where he fits in anymore. I wish he had sent that letter.

Margaery certainly has her work cut out for her in that marriage

I wonder sometimes if Myrcella and Tommen are really related to Joffrey, they are so sweet. And Cersei may be awful to other people but she really loves her children.

Sansa is so heartbreaking, trying be what is expected of her but you can see she is just dying inside, so traped with no way out.

Loved Tyrion playing Littlefinger, Varys & Pycelle to see who would betray him. And i could listen to Varys speak for hours he has such a lovely voice.

Loving how they are doing Bran's wolf dreams and how awesome was Summer just staring face to face with Bran.

The Wall will be a grimmer place without Yoren And quick thinking by Arya to save Gendry.

Did Sam and Gilly just get engaged

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Elite Fan

I have HQ stills of the episode if anyone's interested

Quote:
When Theon got smacked.
I must say I enjoyed it even though I felt sad for him right after.

Quote:
You could feel all the pain and bewilderment of the little boy who got sent away even though there is a grown man standing there doing the talking.
and his Dad belittling him for not having pride and abandoning the ways of his family when he gave up on him and yielded!

Quote:
It sucks that they killed Yoren. Glad Gendry survived smart thinking by Arya.
Poor Yoren and wow killing that kid... brutal.

Quote:
Speaking of whom, her genuine distress when she found out what Tyrion was planning for Mrycella really struck a chord
Tyrion chose his ruse well. He knows her only weakness is her kids. And she genuinely love them too, no doubt about that.

Quote:
I can't help thinking of that old cliche that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and wondering if being Hand of the King is going to really change him. I loved that scene with him and Varys though, with the riddle
that's what I thought about that last conversation. He's definitely determined not to play the game and to make sure he can trust everyone who's around him but that doesn't mean he can't get corrupted and manipulated along the way.
As smart as he is and as cunning as he is, there's one thing he never really had: power. Is he going to get high on it? We'll see. In any case he could be blinded by it and end up doing what guys like Varys or Petyr push him to.

Quote:
seriously how cute is Tommen. "I don't want Sansa's brother to die" Awww! I loves you Tommen!
I loved that moment. With Cersei needling poor Sansa and Tommen being so sweet. At least we now know that not all inbred Lannisters are evil twats like Joffrey

Quote:
Brienne is great! The casting is perfect here And to think I was so afraid they wouln't do her justice on the show.
I know! So relieved! Well, she's too pretty but then she seems like good enough to pull it off so I can't wait for more. And WOW, is she big! 6'4 I think? I'd love to see her next to Hodor or The Mountain just for laughs. It was already pretty fun to see her next to Catelyn.

Quote:
Bran keeps being the most adorable kid. But where is Rickon? lol always the forgotten Stark.
I was watching with one of my friends and when Bran said he dreamed of his father dying and that Rickon had too, my friend went "who?"
She wouldn't believe me when I told her that was another one of the Stark children and we saw him last season.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"