Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x03 "Lord Snow" Episode discussion

Lord Snow
(1x03 Episode Rewatch & Discussion)

Ned joins the Small Council at King's Landing and learns just how poorly the Seven Kingdoms are being managed. Catelyn decides to go covertly to the South to warn her husband, but is intercepted by an old friend, Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish. Jon struggles to adapt to life on the Wall, as he trains with a number of low-born recruits who are not impressed by his bloodline. Tyrion, also visiting the Wall, is beseeched by a desperate Lord Mormont to plead the case for more soldiers to join the Night's Watch to the King and Queen. Bran, now awake, is unable to recall how he fell. Daenerys, now possessing no small measure of control as Khaleesi, begins to stand up to Viserys.

Note: Since the board wasn't around when the series started,
we didn't get a chance to discuss previous episodes.
Every month (or half a month for later episodes), we will create an episode
discussion thread to discuss the episodes we have missed.

Schedule will most like be as follows:
16-22 April

Chrissy |

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 04-16-2018 at 05:49 AM
Old 09-06-2011, 04:03 AM
Master Fan

I'll rewatch and get back to you!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Loyal Fan

The lesson Jon learns in this episode - the lesson Tyrion helps him learn - is one of my very favorite parts of the first book. It's so great and it shows that... Jon is humble. He humbles himself when he sees his privilege and how he'd judged his fellow recruits wrongly. Really made me love him even more than I already did.

I came online to post about Ned's scene with Arya though. I love all of his scenes with Arya. They are so warm. He's such a loving father. Even his sad effort to comfort Sansa with a doll was just so sweet. During the scene where Ned finds out about needle I thought about Lyanna, Ned's sister. In the book he says that Arya reminds him of her. So heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time to think of that while watching the Ned/Arya scenes.

I love how, not only did he let Arya keep her sword, he found someone to teach her to use it. What a loving father! Accepting his daughters as they are. <3

I am Tyrion's Wench
Old 09-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLoLo (View Post)
The lesson Jon learns in this episode - the lesson Tyrion helps him learn - is one of my very favorite parts of the first book. It's so great and it shows that... Jon is humble. He humbles himself when he sees his privilege and how he'd judged his fellow recruits wrongly. Really made me love him even more than I already did.

I came online to post about Ned's scene with Arya though. I love all of his scenes with Arya. They are so warm. He's such a loving father. Even his sad effort to comfort Sansa with a doll was just so sweet. During the scene where Ned finds out about needle I thought about Lyanna, Ned's sister. In the book he says that Arya reminds him of her. So heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time to think of that while watching the Ned/Arya scenes.

I love how, not only did he let Arya keep her sword, he found someone to teach her to use it. What a loving father! Accepting his daughters as they are. <3
I agaree with you about Jon & Ned.

I also liked the hints of events from the past.
Ned walking in and finding Jaime bellow the throne and their conversation about what happend there. Again later when Jaime, Robert & Barristan were talking about their first kills and Robert asks Jaime about what the mad king said before he killed him and right at the end when Ned is watching Arya and he is remembering past battles as you can hear it while he is watching.

Anyone else think that Renly was the only one happy to see Ned

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 09-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kender (View Post)
I also liked the hints of events from the past.
Ned walking in and finding Jaime bellow the throne and their conversation about what happend there. Again later when Jaime, Robert & Barristan were talking about their first kills and Robert asks Jaime about what the mad king said before he killed him and right at the end when Ned is watching Arya and he is remembering past battles as you can hear it while he is watching.

Anyone else think that Renly was the only one happy to see Ned
Oh yes that image of Jaime sitting near the throne, that was... such an echo of the past. Jaime and Ned's conversations were always so much fun, throughout the first season.

That moment with Ned remembering past battles is great foreshadowing of the war to come. The entire season really does a great job of building up to war.

LOL! I think Renly was the only one who wasn't thinking of how to use Ned in some sort of plot or scheme. I love what he says to Ned about Robert. "Winter may be coming but I'm afraid I cannot say the same for my brother." Something like that. I laugh every time.

I am Tyrion's Wench
Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
the scene with Syrio was spectacular!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostie86 (View Post)
the scene with Syrio was spectacular!
I simply loved him that first time He was the perfect teacher for Arya

So I think we'll be opening the thread for episode 4 on Sunday...

Chrissy |
Old 05-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Jon training with the recruits of the Night's Watch and Tyrion giving him sound advice. Again, a reunion to look forward to. I feel like Jon is one of the only people that would almost instantly be happy to see Tyrion again.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jon and Tyrion.. This reunion will be interesting

Dany getting pregnant Arya getting dancing lessions <3

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This has been my favorite episode so far. I loved all the Stark scenes. And I love that it wasn't plot heavy and didn't have a cliffhanger. The last scene with Arya and Forel (with Ned watching) was smashing.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:23 AM
Moderator Manager

I really like this episode too
And that last scene of Arya having her first dance lesson was amazing
Old 10-31-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure all the battle and fantasy heavy episodes will be great. But I just love scenes of two or three characters just talking.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

happy re-watch
Old 11-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
happy re-watch
Not a rewatch. I'm watching for the first time.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Least favorite episode thus far, still in the 7 range for me because it felt even slower than the first two... jmo. With that said though I am still enjoying the series. I am planning to binge quite a few episodes at a time.

Tyrion is a great character, a great comic relief for the show and has a lot of wisdom and his relationship with Jon is fun to watch. I dont like Jon being isolated but I still really enjoy his character so he can pull it off. Dani is great, I love that she is being valued more than her brother. And now she is pregnant? Starting to ship Drogo and Dani now though, they actually seem happy.

Sad to see the younger son is paralyzed. How horrible. Arya continues to be a badass and I love that Ned was happy to see her learning to fight.