Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whiteboard News #13 Because we can't believe its gonna be over but grateful for what we've gotten.

Welcome to the 12th

Current Tweets:

Current News:

Stana Katic Weds

'Driving Heat' Cover Art

All news from castletv.net
SIC PARVIS MAGNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Loyal Fan

While I'm very relieved that Castle is ending and we'll get the closure that we all need, I'm also very sad that it had to end the way it did! With that said I'm so grateful for the amazing 8 seasons that we got to see!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Administrator

I'm disappointed that the show is ending but it wouldn't have been the same show without Beckett and the Castle/Beckett dynamic, so I feel it's the right decision under the circumstances.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin32 (View Post)
While I'm very relieved that Castle is ending and we'll get the closure that we all need, I'm also very sad that it had to end the way it did! With that said I'm so grateful for the amazing 8 seasons that we got to see!
I agree. Can't wait for the happy ending!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I'm disappointed that the show is ending but it wouldn't have been the same show without Beckett and the Castle/Beckett dynamic, so I feel it's the right decision under the circumstances.
I agree i was happy that they decided to not move on without beckett and lani but i wish it would of ended on a better note and we where to say goodbye properly. . I love this show and will continue to watch and re watch it for years to come thanks to the amazing cast and writers it was a fun ride lets hope we will get a reunion later on
Old 05-12-2016, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That is how feel as well. Other shows got a proper good bye all we got is turmoil for three weeks and then canceled. I wish we got a good last season like season 7 ended with everyone together and feeling good. But it is what it is. I can't wait to see how they close this chapter on this great show and wonderful couple.

I hope we can get a reunion a few years down the road on Netflix like Gilmore Girls.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
I agree. I'll be honest I didn't want a season 9 at all, to me it's about a writer and his muse and it should stay and end that way. They all started together so they should end together. However I had hope that ABC would've changed their minds on Stana and we would get the 13 episodes with her and Castle maybe like a time jump just summing up everything that would happen at the end of 8 (but I think it was too much hope)so as sad as it is I am glad it's ending. Hopefully we get our 'Always' now.

Also I'll continue to support and follow each cast members journey. When one door closes another opens and I have high hopes for em all to do good.

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I agree with everything. I will definitely miss the show.

Quote:
I agree.

I just wish it didn't play out like it did. It would have been nicer going into this season knowing it was gonna be the final one. Or if they would have brought everyone back for a shortened, final season so we could get proper closure. But it is what it is.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)

I just wish it didn't play out like it did. It would have been nicer going into this season knowing it was gonna be the final one. Or if they would have brought everyone back for a shortened, final season so we could get proper closure. But it is what it is.
That's what I wanted, I would've taken a season 9 with ten episodes as long as it had Stana and Tamala and I would've loved to see Jenny, Sarah Grace, Nicholas and even Jim make an appearance. Maybe even do a couple episodes following season 8 and then maybe half way through or the last two or three do a time jump with Kate either still as Captain or as a senator with the three kids and just how they manage life as a writer, senator and three kids.I would rather see it cancelled than see Rick playing PI with Alexis while moving on with his life and from what the rumors were saying with Hayley. I wanted Caskett's 'always'. So bittersweet. Regardless of what was said most were going to be upset.

Icon by Fiona
Old 05-12-2016, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Definitely I just wish the network had set S8 up to be their last instead of all the drama thats ensued the last month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I agree i was happy that they decided to not move on without beckett and lani but i wish it would of ended on a better note and we where to say goodbye properly. . I love this show and will continue to watch and re watch it for years to come thanks to the amazing cast and writers it was a fun ride lets hope we will get a reunion later on
Could not agree more. I wish it could've ended nicer and not with the drama of the Network and whatever really went down between them and Stana stuff like that should be kept private so it doesn't taint anything. but I love this show always will best thing I ever got into.

and for me and this might just be me just wish Nathan hadn't gotten dragged through the mud in all this. People mad at him for everything when NONE of it was his fault. Just for such an amazing show I don't want people to remember us by this last month of craziness I want it to be remembered for the incredibly good show that it was.
SIC PARVIS MAGNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:32 AM
Passionate Fan

It was good idea from ABC to cancel Castle, although it's a great shame that huge part of the fandom had to beg not to continue the show without Stana. I really don't understand why ABC even thought that it can be doable to continue without heart and soul of the show, i.e. Caskett. Somebody really lost their minds... But I'm grateful that we're getting a happy ending and I hope for some kind of reunion a few years from now with little Caskett babies

To click => Tumblr Twitter Youtube Instagram
KalliopePL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:57 AM
Master Fan

In a way I'm sad that the show got cancelled, but I'm glad that we got an happy ending for Caskett now.
I was willing to give a 9th season a shot, just to see what they would've made out of it without Beckett, but it would have been really strange.

Really grateful to be a part of this fandom for the last two years, without it I wouldn't have met some amazing people, and it gave me a change to go to Los Angeles last year, and meet Seamus. I don't think that would have happened if it wasn't for Castle..
Old 05-13-2016, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just heard the news (been crazy the past few days because of RL).

While a part of me is obviously saddened, at the same time I'm relieved and happy about the cancellation.

I just was not going to come back for a S9. If anything I would have maybe YT'd clips or found spoilers online but nothing serious to keep my interest.

They were out of their minds when they fired Stana. You can't just fire one of the main leads and not expect any backlash.

At least this means that Stana and Tamala's firing means something since the rest of the show is done so that counts for something.

All that said...

It's been an awesome 8 years. Granted I discovered the show like 4 years ago, it feels like I've been a fan of it for all 8. That's how amazing the show has been.

And I'm truly glad to have been apart of the fandom. It's one of the best and one of the most loyal. It's been a blast.

And yae for our happy ending!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Haven't posted on this board before, but just wanted to say Ill really miss the show and the characters. I hope they give us a happier ending than we would have gotten had the show been renewed. Fingers crossed.
violasghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Pretty safe to say we all feel the same-sadden yet relieved. I wonder if the news about Tamala and Stana never got out if they would've renewed. Half the fandom wouldn't have been begging, starting trends etc to ABC as we wouldn't have known. Even though Monday is the series finale I hope Castle fans still stick together on here, social media, the fan arts, the fanfic etc...Castle lasted longer than most prime time shows do these days and I'd hate to see everything Castle go down the drain (if that makes sense).

Icon by Fiona
Reply   Post New Thread