Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Castle

I saw something on Tumblr where someone posted Thank you Castle and people would reblog it and write their own messages. How they got into the show, how much they loved it. if it impacted their life etc.

I wanted to have a positive thread where people can come in and say how they got into the show, what they're gonna miss, things they loved most. To commemorate this amazing show we all got to be a part of

Last edited by Copop; 05-01-2023 at 04:32 AM
SIC PARVIS MAGNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Great plan.. I'm going to write something soon.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this thread. I have to think about what I want to say. I will get back to this thread later.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah no prob gotta think of my own message too
Old 05-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Good idea I'll probably post a message tomorrow
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I'm so glad this show existed. I got to see the beautiful journey of one of the most wonderful couples I ever shipped. Can't wait for their much deserved happy ending
Old 05-14-2016, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be writing too.

While I think about that, how about this in the mean time?

Thank You For 8 Great Years,

ALWAYS
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be writing too.

While I think about that, how about this in the mean time?

Thank You For 8 Great Years,

ALWAYS
Emma♥Neal
Old 05-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

this is a lovely idea, but you expect me to write something?
Old 05-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragileღheart (View Post)
Yes.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragileღheart (View Post)
Only if you want to
Old 05-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd only been a fan of Castle for 5 years but it truly felt like I'd been a fan from the beginning at the start of season 1. I came into the fandom of Castle when I started watching season 4 of the show on TNT. From there I was hooked and I remember looking forward to the start of season 5 as I had made it just in time shortly before the new season was to air. Since then I'd watched 4 of the 8 seasons regularly after having caught up with the past seasons.

In terms of characters I was immediately drawn to not the namesake of the show but the partner in crime, Detective Kate Beckett. I was drawn to her as both a mentor and a girl crush which I proudly admit.

Beckett had her flaws like all humans do but she also had an enduring strength and she was able to over come her problems no matter how much time it took. She never stopped fighting. The moment you give up is the moment you lose and Beckett continued and with her trusty side kick, Rick Castle, she fought that much harder.

Not only did I gain a mentor and girl crush but I also gained a new #1 Detective. Prior to her it had been Olivia Benson from 'Law & Order: SVU'. Never thought the day would happen when my #1 was replaced but it did and now I can't imagine anyone else taking the #1 spot on my list that Beckett has. She owns it forever!

And while we didn't exactly get forever we got one heck of a ride! Everything from the love of Caskett, which I could easily spend paragraphs and paragraphs on since they are my #1 ship and one of the best ships ever (if you try to ignore the mess that became season 8.) they were still one of the most beautiful couples in television history.

We also got one heck of a geek in Castle which was awesome. I loved the 'Firefly' references, the 'Firefly' alumni guest stars, the various other guest stars, the mystery stories that seemed supernatural but turned out not to be.

And what an awesome fandom. Great people and great merchandising. I was proud to get the trading cards, the Derrick Storm graphic novels and novels, the calendars and above all the Nikki Heat novels. Those have just been down right incredible and while the authors may or may not be known, I've been happy not knowing because I love having 'Richard Castle' as the author of the books.

Despite the mess at the end in terms of what happened behind the scenes and the season 8 episodes, we did get one heck of a story as a whole in terms of all of Castle. Besides, all shows have their ups and down seasons so this is just a fraction of a piece in the whole Castle-verse.

I've loved nearly everything about it.

And thanks to the creators, the cast and crew who put this show together and made it what it was. Huge thanks to Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion for giving us such lovable characters.

I will cherish this fandom,

Always.

-Ronnie

Emma♥Neal
Old 05-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As a casual fan , yet i have seen well over 50 ep spanning all the years.

not once was i bored . Castle Beckett chiefs all the regulars who have been there since day one . We all miss them and the show ..

Castle I could turn on see any season and fully know who the charecturs and how the relate to each other . The long long build up the Castle Beckett romance into marriage ..
Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I started watching Castle back towards the end of season 3, beginning of season 4. The thing that drew me into the show was Alexis. One of the first scenes I ever remember watching was Alexis telling Rick he's not a cop and should stop playing cop. That was the second I fell for the show. I'm pretty sure it's because I love the relationship Rick and Alexis had and at the time I wanted that with my father.

During the time I started to get caught up on the history of Castle. I'd google information as well as watch some scenes on youtube and eventually turned to TNT for the re-watches. As I started the re-watches I began to like Detective Kate Beckett more and more, especially since I now had a reason why she was the way she was. By the time I was caught up on Castle I had a new favorite character and that was Kate Beckett. Kate was everything I dreamed of being when I grew up. She's smart, sassy, took no bull from anyone, and was never afraid to speak her mind. As I began to become a Kate fan more and more I grew to the idea of wanting Caskett. Something about them together and the fact that they are polar opposites made me want to see them married with kids one day. I am so glad that I was able to see them get married.

From episode 1 to 173 I have seen these characters grow before my eyes. Alexis went from a teenager with certain goals to a young woman who got a thrill out of being a PI, Rick went form being a playboy, only caring for himself and Alexis to wanting a wife to love and cherish Always. Espo and Ryan's friendship blossomed in every season to the point where he was able to forgive Ryan for shooting him in the butt, and Ryan I got to see get married and go on to have two adorable kids, Sarah Grace and Nicholas Javier. Lanie was able to find a boyfriend in Allen as well as continued to have Beckett's back and Martha's advice got better and better with each season. But Kate had the most growth to me she went from being by the book, take no prisoners attitude to being able to scare her husband as a joke, to travel to six countries with him and most importantly she learned how to love and be open.

It has been one hell of a ride and I am so ready for whatever comes next for our amazing cast and crew. They've all got good things coming their way and I look forward to the ride along side them.

Thank you Castle, the cast, the crew and the other fans. Thank you for 8 amazing years, 173 episodes, for the laughs and for having a show to cherish for some time. I am so proud to be a Castle fan and will be happy to carry on the Castle legacy through time (re-watches, fanfiction, fanart etc.) Castle episodes may have no more new ones but it will still stick around for time to come.

Until tomorrow,
-Sandy

"Even on the worst days, there's a possibility for joy."-Kate Beckett
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

I have been watching this show for 5 years now. The only thing I regret is that I didn't start watching it from the beginning. I started watching at the end of season 4. So I got to see them get together without waiting 3 years for it.

What got me was the pull of the characters Kate Beckett and Richard Castle. Their chemistry was off the charts and still is my favorite thing about them I love. In what ever scene they are in I know I will feel the same pull and electricity. They are truly each other's better half.
I love how well they work together and not only make me laugh but feel every kind of emotion from being, sad, angry and elated. That a show can bring that out of me shows me how great the talent and writing is.

I will miss this wonderful show who brought to life Kate and Castle and Martha, Alexis, Esposito, Lanie, Ryan and Jenny, Jim and all their wonderful guest stars. It makes me sad that we will not get new episodes of this wonderful show on Monday's at 10 pm. But it will forever live on in repeats and fanfics. I will always hold a special place for this beautiful show in my heart. Thank you for the great eight years.

Always,

Hope ~