Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I finished S7 you guys. I'm going on holiday on Tuesday so I haven't started S8 yet. Noooooooooot looking forward to the start (from ep. 2 onwards) though.

That lil collage - 7/31 - that's from ep. 7. 20 right? Very full on episode that one! Kitty was GREAT at the start!!! So supportive and gentle, encouraging! The more the ep. went on though the more it was just information overload... Good start and good end! Caskett: Together - that's all that counts!!

Yes!! Stana's baby photo on Insta was very cute hehe!!

Now I wanted to come in here and make quite a long post so just stick with me y'all OK.
I just gotta preface by saying that I really really love Kitty!!!!! I looooooooooooooooove Kitty a lot a lot a loooooooot!!!!!!! I love Kitty so much!!!! But I am really freakin out about the start of S8 y'all. It's just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, horrible, awful writing I think but like I can't get mad at the writers. I don't even know who they are you know so I think Kitty's gonna be bearing the brunt of my anger unfortunately, or not... I'll hafta see how it goes shan't I...

But recently I've been thinking; it seems like the situation at the start of S8 could've, should've been handled a whole lot better by our bella Mrs. Castle III right but maybe it's actually completely in character because check it out - I could list SO many examples of when Kitty just... doesn't fully trust Richard's love for her, adoration, devotion etc. I just mean when it counts the most she never seems to have very much/any faith in him. Kitty has always been so in the moment, supportive girlfriend, wife so loving etc. buuut... Like it's easy to be in the moment, be in love, be supportive even, like the end of 7.01 and ep. 7.02 but when something arises that's out of left field... a threat if you will she just can't really handle it. I mean if I was to pick an example or two (or some) from each series -
S5:
Significant Others - What the heck was that at the end??? I was just like 'You snap out of it. That is other people and NOT you'. I don't even know why K asked the question tbh.

Just btw so many things here I've been holding onto and musing over for a long time. Lots of things I've been meaning to come in here and talk about but I never got around to it so any thoughts you have please feel free to "interject" or whatever... respond!

"Squab" - Seriously what was with the use of that word "complicated"???? So complicated when your other half stands on a bomb with you and just refuses to leave and says "I love you too" when you say "I love you" and ugh an accepting family that's just the most complicated ever... But that was just the set up for the S5 finale right so who cares right. Not those awful, inconsistent writers that's for sure. Then the end was... she got that look you know? The "worried without reason" look AGAIN. Writers: Strike one.

I'm gonna call the finale "DC" - WHY did Kitty not share what was going on with Richard??? She said to Lanie "We never talk about where our relationship's going". I have never understood that. Like in love: check - vocalised and all!! AND the Captain approves of their relationship as well - They got it all going on!!!! Um... Happy: Check check!! Ummm... That's all I got... Like "Congratulations you're in a happy, loving, solid etc. relationship!!!!! In the real world at last what's more!!!!!! You wanna get married because that's all that's left really??" But you don't need to be married to have a solid relationship. Right?! I mean come on!!! I think Kitty thought Richard would pick up more on the fact she'd have to move away than the fact she has a new opportunity. But I mean COME ON Kit he's not a tyrant. He LOVES YOU for crying out loud. Have a little faith!!! Strike two writers. There's at least one or maybe two more strikes before we get to ep. 8.02 I think...

There's at least one more example like these in S6 and even as recently as post married in S7.
But having said all of that the thing is these "faults"/whatever... insecurities are usually combated/put to rest within one or two eps! That's being a couple, being married, Richard Castle being just awesome in love with Kate Beckett and vice versa too!

Alright Kitty's AWESOME: fact!!!!! But there's things about her that are messed up unfortunately. Bad baaaaaaad writers. Like I'm not saying Kitty should be some perfect little Stepford character. Noooooooooooooo way. But just... write right!!! You know...

So having finished S7 and thinking about S8 - the break hasn't been enough to make me forget certain things about S8. I was getting really worked up about the nightmare in store the other day and I got around to thinking 'Maybe it's not as bad as it seems' so I hit up YT to read some of the comments there about certain scenes - PAUSING, NOT WATCHING. Seems like my hope/thought was unfounded unfortunately. But it just got me thinking on a whole different trajectory then like what if I can't forgive Kitty you guys?? I have a rule right - character messes up; solution: apologises or doesn't do anything to make it worse at least = I forgive said erroneous character!! I don't exactly think Kitty's apology's really up to much is it?? It's the last season you guys. Only a finite number of eps. left y'all. I mean that apology's not a great one and it doesn't exactly make things better but then hub's just like a bit of a doormat and he's like 'All is forgiven' just as quick as ya like and that's not OK either so... maybe the two stupidities put together will cancel each other out...
I'm sure it'll be all fine because I LOVE Kitty and yanna Caskett aren't my fav for nothing but what if it's not you guys. I've seen clips from after the S8 fix - aaaaaaalllllll goooood - back to normal But what if in context they don't work for me you guys. I guess that would just be me being stubborn... like 'Ugh this does not work for me...' But what if Caskett aren't the same for me after 8.08 you guys. I'm sure it'll all be fine!! UGH I HAAAAATE WRITERS!!!!!!!

UGH what is it with writers coming along and making duuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb decisions and just disregarding the characters us audience have got to know and love so much???? Gggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I just needed to get all that off my chest.
Thanks for being here you guys

PLEASE REMEMBER **NO SPOILERS**.
Thank you.
My ships : "Kitty"/Richard, David/Snow, Lois/Clark, Danny/Lindsay. : Nate/Tori, Neal/Sara, Robert/Kitty & Matt/Dani. : Nate/Tori, Teddy/Henry, Cole/Phoebe, Tom/Lynette (S8), Addie/Pete, Olivia/Brian, Paul/Izzy, Charlie/Angelo, Jess/Danny, Nick/Amanda, Matt/Lauren.
My shows: DesperateHousewives, C(K)astle, Brothers&Sisters, 9-1-1, TheMentalist!!!

Last edited by PAL Awesomeness!!!; 08-10-2019 at 06:40 PM
Old 08-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

It's hard to say about you forgiving Kate for season 8 without giving anything away. Just put it like this would you do anything, even giving something up to protect someone? And that's kind of how she was thinking, you'd have to watch the first two episodes to know what I'm talking about but your best off watching them together if possible. When watching s8 think of s4 they have their similarities.

The point of the Squab episode and even the one where Meredith came to town were to test Caskett. I think once Kate gave it her all with Rick she wanted more-she wanted marriage, kids, a family etc..so that's why she asked where they were going. You're not going to waste your time to not move on from the boyfriend or girlfriend stage you're dating for marriage, for a family.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Double post but guys I got my wish for more of her living her best LA life series

Quote:
drstanakatic
🐕Resting under the shade of 🌳an oak tree 🌳 with Mr. #RideOrDie.
#SoCalStyles
#LivingMyBestLALife 🐕

Quote:
drstanakatic
🗼He’s telecommunicating. 🗼
#LivingMyBestLALife ... a series
🐕
Dress- @kaiminofficial
Boots- @clergerie
Styled by @cdicelove13

Quote:
drstanakatic
... Part Trois.

#LivingMyBestLALife 🐕
Old 08-11-2019, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

Yikes, those boots and that dress.. That must be so uncomfortable..!
Old 08-11-2019, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

It probably is like Fiona said it's very Lady Gage style but she rocks it (I think the yellow outfit is my favorite from these sets so far)
Old 08-11-2019, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

love her living the best life series she looks great and i agree they must be uncomfortable
Old 08-11-2019, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Who is Fiona??
I like this series, but the outfit is not my favorite.. She has better ones..
Old 08-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Who is Fiona??
Me and you are in the same boat. I don't like her outfits either.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Who is Fiona??
From the Stana board lol. I like the yellow best, the red is okay the designer who did it has also designed for Lady Gaga. I hope she has more to come
Old 08-11-2019, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i’m not too big on the red outfit lol
Old 08-12-2019, 12:02 AM
MD7
Passionate Fan

Old 08-12-2019, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Love that so much, that is Beckett for sure
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

It really is..!

Oh right, I'm never on the Stana board, I keep forgetting..
Old 08-12-2019, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

that gif set is so beckett, it’s amazing
Old 08-12-2019, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

It really is amazing

Nothing wrong with that Anja, it had seemed familiar to me so I was glad when Fiona mentioned Lady Gaga because that is definitely a lady Gaga outfit
Closed Thread   Post New Thread