Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2020, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

Season 1 - General Discussion Thread #1

Episode 1; Flowers for your Grave
When a young woman is found dead under circumstances described exactly in a book written by acclaimed author Richard Castle, he is brought in to provide insight into the case. When more victims turn up in similarly-accurate conditions described in his books, Castle volunteers to assist the investigation by applying his knowledge of criminal behavior and his own books to the department's considerable skills. It turns out that the killer is actually the brother of one of the victims, only killing the others because he wanted it to look like a crazy fan killed those people. Over the period of this case Castle becomes intrigued with Detective Beckett and starts writing a manuscript about a character based on her. At the end of the episode, Captain Montgomery informs Beckett that he has talked with the mayor about letting Castle shadow her to research the new character, much to her annoyance.

Episode 2 - Nanny McDead
The body of a nanny stuffed into an apartment building clothes dryer sets off a convoluted investigation into the hows and whys of her death. Castle, now a part of the detective team through an arrangement with the mayor, lends his skills of envisioning scenarios and attention to detail to the investigation.

Episode 3 - Hedge Fund Homeboys
The shooting death in Central Park of a boy from a rich family sends Castle and Beckett into the world of New York private academies, where circles of friends prove to be almost more conniving, evasive, and mysterious than they can fathom.

Episode 4 - Hell Hath No Fury
When a city councilman is murdered, the department finds itself under intense pressure from the city government to explain what happened. However, the squeaky-clean politician had another side of his life that led to blackmail and his death. Beckett turns the tables on Castle and shows up at a bookstore reading of his latest release.

Episode 5 - A Chill Goes Through Her Veins
The discovery of a hard-frozen body at a construction site leads the investigation of her death into unsolved cases from years past, tangling Beckett and Castle's case with a missing-persons case that was closed but never really solved.

Episode 6 - Always Buy Retail
Someone is not just killing, but doing so ritualistically. Castle's knowledge of obscure rituals points to someone conducting a Vodun ritual; whatever he or she is doing, it is obvious that something has been lost and they want it back. However, trying to find the truth amidst illegal immigrants and confusing facts tests the abilities, and imaginations, of the team. Castle's first ex-wife, Meredith, pays him a visit.

Episode 7 - Home is Where the Heart Stops
When a member of New York's high society is found murdered and stuffed into a small wall safe, the department is put under pressure to get to the bottom of the story. To get the answers to the string of robbery and murders, places must change. Rather than Castle visiting New York's dark alleys, Beckett must follow him into the glitzy world of high society after they discover tht the robbearies are only connected by the victims having attended a specific charity fundraiser.

Episode 8 - Ghosts
While unusual circumstances are practically usual, a body drowned in a bathtub of motor oil has the team scratching its collective head. The mystery deepens when investigation shows that the victim may have been involved with a crime more than 20 years old and was working with, or being stalked by, a true crime writer. The relationship between Castle and Beckett rears its truly competitive head during a poker game involving New York's legal system elite.

Episode 9 - Little Girl Lost
FBI agent Will Sorenson, who is one of Beckett's ex-boyfriends, requests Beckett's help in solving the kidnapping of a young child. As Castle butts in on the investigation, friction with Sorenson is inevitable—particularly since the case that first brought Beckett and Sorenson together ended with the death of the victim.

Episode 10 - A Death in the Family
The gruesome murder of a plastic surgeon sends Castle and Beckett into a confusing world of cosmetic surgery, unstable patients, the mob, and the witness protection program. Against Beckett's wishes, Castle begins looking into the Beckett's mother's murder and discovers that her murder might not have been as random as first thought.

Last edited by **Anja**; 04-27-2021 at 10:31 AM
**Anja** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

My favorite episode of this season is the first episode when they met. They were made for each other.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Yes they were and rewatching 1x01 now you see it more than ever.

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
Yes they were and rewatching 1x01 now you see it more than ever.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

It was a great show opener.

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-28-2020, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

It really was! Great start of the series..
Old 06-28-2020, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^It left the door open for Castle to go in so many different directions

Icon by Fiona
Old 07-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just bought Season 1, and watched it twice. I had forgotten how much I liked it.
Now I'm hooked on re-watching the series.
IndyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Season 1 is really good. I always forget how good of a season it is

Icon by Fiona
Old 07-02-2020, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

I really have to rewatch soon as well, it's been awhile..
Old 07-02-2020, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I've watched a couple of episodes recently...I forgot how good season 1 is. It's not my favorite so I always tend to ignore it or forget it.

Icon by Fiona
Old 07-09-2020, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Icon by Fiona
Old 07-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

She was touched, until she realized he stole the pictures..
Old 07-10-2020, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

She was, it was priceless

Icon by Fiona
Old 07-11-2020, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Yes..!
I also love her short haircut there..