Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Everyone has their own tastes
Old 06-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIC PARVIS MAGNA (View Post)
Its VERY expensive if I lived over there I would find a cheaper burrow to live in and take the subway into the city or on the very edge of jersey and do the same thing.
Because of gentrification there are no longer cheaper burrows. You would probably find cheaper living in New Jersey.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Its VERY expensive if I lived over there I would find a cheaper burrow to live in and take the subway into the city or on the very edge of jersey and do the same thing.
It really is, I looked into a one bedroom apartment and the price of rent was double if not tripled what it is around here. Don't think many of the borough's are much cheaper however you could move to Poughkeepsie, Hudson area not sure on their prices but the metro north gets you to Grand Central within an hour (it's what all upstate/central NYers do on the weekends if they've got a car because it is so much cheaper than Amtrak or greyhound).

Anja it's not too bad there if you want a fast life as they call it. I'd have to live in Jersey too, not sure if I could exactly live within the city (I stayed in the Bronx, Chinatown [Manhattan] and Queens and they're all about the same noisy all night lol). I do highly recommend visiting one day if possible (it only took me 21 years and I live 4 hours away ). I haven't been able to do an overnight there in a while but I try day trips (so much to see you'd never see it all over 2-3 days anyways). Coney Island is pretty awesome, I want to visit the Bronx Zoo and go down there Holiday time. And down there it's possible to run into celebs (I've walked right past Kenny Chesney and never knew it). Susan was just down there .

Maybe one day Nathan will have an event down there and I'd look into it ahead of time to go down I always find out these things last minute.

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I live in jersey and not a big fan of it

I don’t want realism, I want magic ✨
Old 06-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

I have been thinking of going to NY this summer, but I decided not to, I didn't know if it would be safe to go all alone, and to be in a big city where I've never been before was a bit scary..
I've been to London on my own, and although it's a large city, it's still smaller than NY, and I've been there three times, so I knew my way around..
Old 06-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Nikki. At least it is cheaper than NYC.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
I have been thinking of going to NY this summer, but I decided not to, I didn't know if it would be safe to go all alone, and to be in a big city where I've never been before was a bit scary..
I've been to London on my own, and although it's a large city, it's still smaller than NY, and I've been there three times, so I knew my way around..
Nikki I think that's just a thing with people and their states I absolutely hate NY and would take Jersey over it any day

Anja I hear you on that. My first two times it was my friend and her boyfriend who went down there. After that her and I went a couple of times (word of advice do NOT go down for the 4th of July lol). I went a couple of years ago with my aunt who had never been down there for a Yankees game and a couple of months ago took my year old. I felt a lot more comfortable knowing I knew where I was going (I was corny and planned it out ahead of time so I could look up directions) however if you've never been it'd probably be hard (I'm taking her to Boston next Thursday and I am so lost on the directions and how to get places down there already ).

Love that gif, he makes some of the funniest facials

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
Because of gentrification there are no longer cheaper burrows. You would probably find cheaper living in New Jersey.
Yep most likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
It really is, I looked into a one bedroom apartment and the price of rent was double if not tripled what it is around here. Don't think many of the borough's are much cheaper however you could move to Poughkeepsie, Hudson area not sure on their prices but the metro north gets you to Grand Central within an hour (it's what all upstate/central NYers do on the weekends if they've got a car because it is so much cheaper than Amtrak or greyhound).
*sigh* life is so expensive lol
Old 06-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yep most likely.

*sigh* life is so expensive lol
It is expensive everywhere.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^It really is, I was looking at apartments for my own place and couldn't believe the price. Unless you have a roommate which makes it a bit easier . Hence why my goal is by next March-ish to have found a place (use the tax money on it and get ahead of the game).

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-09-2016, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

^Love those pictures!!
Old 06-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Love that.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
natefillionWhen you realize you left the house wearing slippers instead of shoes.

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

^
Old 06-11-2016, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

Someone added "Staying Alive" in it..