Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Total Fan

IDK how I'm gonna stop myself from watching Kill shot over and over again, indefinitely.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Addicted Fan

OMG I finally saw it!

Stana was AMAZING! I have no words to explain how amazing she was! It was like I've felt every emotion that she was feeling! And my heart just broke for Kate. I can't even say what was my favorite scene. Everything was just so believable! I don't know what was more heartbreaking: seeing Kate fully breaking down in the hall or seeing her cry quietly with single tears streaming down her face in her scene with Esposito and in her final scene with her therapist. The portrays of emotion were just so powerful that I just have to applaud Stana.

The only thing that makes me sad is thinking how upset I will be if Stana doesn't get the recognition she deserves soon. Like some kind of important award. Because she killed it in this episode. And my expectations were high. But she surpassed them.

I loved Kate snapping at Castle. I don't know exactly why. But I think it's because you're only snap at people you're completely comfortable with, and it was kinda sexy too. Maybe I'm just weird. And then seeing him moping because she snapped at him and meant it was adorable. What's amazing too is that he was totally right. That Beckett was a different Beckett. So I think it's a testament to both the writers and Stana that they were able to show the change in Beckett so well. It was obvious that she was different. You weren't just told that she was different. You could actually see it. And only great shows can do that.

The scene with Esposito and Beckett was amazing. When I first read about it, I was kinda upset that it wouldn't be Castle helping her out, but the way it was done was great, so I didn't even care. Seeing how much Esposito and Ryan care about Beckett was so touching. And Beckett's "What the hell are you doing" was great. You could feel the anger and hurt in her. But Esposito didn't back off and did exactly what she needed him to do.

Loved seeing Kate's scar! I was actually expecting it to be a big scar since they would have to really open her up to take the bullet out, especially since she her heart actually stopped. So I think in real life she would have a bigger scar. But that's irrelevant to me. I loved it.

"Always" So happy we got one of those. And their last conversation was adorable. I love them so much.

And the last scene! So proud of Kate. There's definitely been a change in the game! She's ready. Her walls are gonna start to come down.

Final verdict:

So there was no Cuffed promo? Whyyy? We had a two week hiatus before Kill Shot too and we still got a promo after Heartbreak Hotel. Not fair. Does anyone know when we will get it?
JLarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Accidental double post. Sorry
JLarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe by Christmas we'll get a new promo Seriously, ABC .. why so mean?

Quote:
The only thing that makes me sad is thinking how upset I will be if Stana doesn't get the recognition she deserves soon. Like some kind of important award. Because she killed it in this episode. And my expectations were high. But she surpassed them.
THIS. She must.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome post Joana

I'm glad it was Esposito in that scene and not Castle. First of all, because it shows again how the show isn't made exclusively of the C/B relationship. EVERYONE is important and awesome And second of all, because Esposito actually KNOWS what he's talking about, he's been there, and that's what makes all the difference, Castle could only offer so many words of comfort (not that we would've minded if it was him, no) but he doesn't have the same understanding of that kind of situation. And I find it beautiful that he knows that, he knew who could help her best at that moment

As far as awards go, I understand what you said, but let me just say. I seriously don't care about awards anymore, they nominate and award the same people every year, so what I feel nowadays is that *we* the viewers know how great the shows we watch are and how amazing the casts of these shows are, they don't need to be given statues by people who don't even watch the show for us to know they're the best
Old 11-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

WOW it was a great episode for me I truly enjoyed it and I do have to say that Stana needs an Emmy for this one
SaraSidleStokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Truly fantastic, dramatic, episode. Really liked how Castle handled the situation. Some of you touched on it, when she snapped at him, he knew to give her space. The old Castle would have tried anything to keep at her, whereas now he gave her the space she needed, and found her the help she needed that he couldn't give. And at the end she noticed what he did and appreciated it.

Definitely a big one for the Caskett ball to get rolling along instead of inching along.
CaptnBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHeartWants (View Post)

i wonder if we watched the same episodes we’re just in the middle of a Castle rewatch (already arrived at season 3 again tho xD) and BOY DID THEY CHANGE! and there IS a lot of development this season as well. within the characters themselves as well as in the relationship. and sometimes they don’t even try to be subtle. but it’s actually the fun of it when they are, when it’s delicate and not too on the nose. it’s a story about a writer after all. i want to read between the lines
Trust me, I have heard this over and over again this season. I am simply unable to see what everyone else sees. And I've tried, more times than I care to admit. Watching and re-watching these scenes that everyone points out. It's just not there for me. But like I said before, I hate having to try and to read between the lines. I despise subtle!!!

I think I've finally figured out what my two biggest problems are with the show this season though. First of all, it's been an incredible downer. With the exception of Demons, the show has been very dark all year. I love the lighter aspects of the show so I miss them tremendously.

And secondly, at the risk of getting myself booted off here, the show is called CASTLE not Beckett. The entire season seems to have been about her not him and there hasn't been much happy medium as there has been in years past. While I appreciate ALL of the actors on the show, I started watching and continue to watch to see Nathan. It's that simple. I'm not trying to demean Stana or those of you that adore her, but I miss seeing Nathan front and center every week, being his usual goofy self. That's why I watch and he's been pretty absent all year.

Anyway, hope I didn't make anyone angry, that wasn't my intent I assure you.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Just saw the episode. I'm borrowing a page out of Sonia's book and copying what I wrote for the Couples of the Moment thread.

CASTLE/EXISTENCE. No other show to ever be on TV has been or will be more perfect than this one. Everything about it takes my breath away. I never saw a show be so careful and respectful of its characters. The relationships are the kind that makes you think, "hey, that's the kind of friend/daughter/sister/lover i want to be", just caring and nurturing and respectful in every way. The storylines are never dropped, dragged out or rushed through, they're given the perfect time and they're written in an incredibly realistic manner. This is not just a show, at least not to me. This is inspiration, love and happiness in weekly 50 minutes doses.

Castle/Beckett. Once again they reminded me of why they're my OTP. They love each other so much, enough to know when it's time to hold on and when it's time to take a step back and give the other person time when they need it. I don't mean just romantic love- though God knows they have that too-, but every kind of love. They're friends first and foremost, they'd die for each other and they've proved that time and time again. The respect they have for one another is so pure and strong it makes my heart swell. There's this powerful quality to Castle and Beckett's love, this sensation of all-encompassing, stronger than life, quiet yet poignant love. I'll never love another couple the way I love them

Kate Beckett/Life. Oh my, how can I describe my love for this woman? She's one of the strongest characters I've EVER seen. She was on the verge of falling apart this episode and she did something not many people do- accept someone's help. Once a friend got through to her she allowed herself to cry, she picked herself up and turned her weakness into her strength. She's incredibly caring and compassionate. She's accepting she closed herself off after her mother's murderer and she decided she doesn't want to let that define her anymore. She wants to be more. She's ready to be more.

Beckett: How am I supposed to let go?
Dr. Burke: I can help you. But the question is, are you ready?
Beckett: Yeah, I think I am.

Richard Castle/Life. My God, can I marry this man? He's the most amazing man I've seen on TV, ever. The way his mind works never ceases to amaze me- he's just so incredibly smart. He was so worried about Kate, so scared of not being able to get through to her, and he was so grateful to Esposito when he did. He went days without sleeping because he was so determined to catch the sniper, not only for Kate (though I'm sure that was his main incentive) but because he'll never let a killer run around terrorizing good people. He's a deeply good person and I love him so much.

Javier Esposito/Life. Can we all say perfect? He's such an amazing person. This is no sidekick, this is a detective on his own right. He can tell when to keep his head cool and when to allow his feelings to come out- and that would be when one of his friends need him. He knew exactly what to tell Kate to help her stop hiding, what to say to help her realize having flaws doesn't make you weak.

Beckett/Ryan/Esposito/Castle/Lanie. Once again we're showed just how incredible their bond is. They were all so worried about Kate- and they all tried to help her open up to them. They saw her falling and didn't for a second doubt being there to catch her. I've said it before and I'll say it again- these aren't just friends or a team. This is family.

dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Total Fan

Your post, Caro... Can I just-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnBrock (View Post)
Truly fantastic, dramatic, episode. Really liked how Castle handled the situation. Some of you touched on it, when she snapped at him, he knew to give her space. The old Castle would have tried anything to keep at her, whereas now he gave her the space she needed, and found her the help she needed that he couldn't give. And at the end she noticed what he did and appreciated it.

Definitely a big one for the Caskett ball to get rolling along instead of inching along.
What you said about 'the old Castle' is so true. This proves just how well he knows her now and how much he respects her.

Slowly or quickly, things are moving forward from now on, that's for sure!

SQUEEEE......!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think I've finally figured out what my two biggest problems are with the show this season though. First of all, it's been an incredible downer. With the exception of Demons, the show has been very dark all year. I love the lighter aspects of the show so I miss them tremendously.

And secondly, at the risk of getting myself booted off here, the show is called CASTLE not Beckett. The entire season seems to have been about her not him and there hasn't been much happy medium as there has been in years past. While I appreciate ALL of the actors on the show, I started watching and continue to watch to see Nathan. It's that simple. I'm not trying to demean Stana or those of you that adore her, but I miss seeing Nathan front and center every week, being his usual goofy self. That's why I watch and he's been pretty absent all year.

What's great about Castle fans and the Castle Forum is NO constructive opinion is gonna get shot down. So you need not worry.

I too long for the lighter side of 'Castle', I find myself re-watching select episodes of Season 1 because I'm so fond of their cute fighting. On the flip side, I can only give credit to the 'Castle' cast and writers for daring to delve deeper at the risk of going away from the formula that got them started. But it worked, ratings have had a steady rise whereas many other shows from 2009 are long gone. I also have to believe 'Castle' writers are well aware and sensitive to the fact going too much one way (dark or shipper or heavy banter) would only short change the entire series. Totally agree the first 9 episodes lean on the dark side of Castle much more. So let's hope the writers balance it out a bit. Any upcoming banter I feel would bring even more satisfaction now that we know each character even better than before.
pwthepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Passionate Fan

I hope Stana gets recognition she deserves for this episode. Brilliant, brilliant acting and I could be not happier that this episode was all about her. I know that the show is called Castle, but we know very well who the real heart and soul of the show is... yes, it's KATE BECKETT.

To click => Tumblr Twitter Youtube Instagram
KalliopePL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Thank you bb This episode left me full of emotions asking to be written down

Quote:
Slowly or quickly, things are moving forward from now on, that's for sure!

SQUEEEE......!

They ARE

Quote:

Don't worry, you're never going to get booted off I agree that the show is darker now, but with these storylines I don't know how it wouldn't be. As for the focus on Kate, I personally love to see a realistic approach to her trauma- I don't think it would make much sense for her to all of a sudden get over her traumas and fears, and I'd be disappointed if it happened off-screen. I'm sure Castle will have more storylines about him soon

Quote:
I hope Stana gets recognition she deserves for this episode. Brilliant, brilliant acting
So do I, she took my breat away

Quote:
I know that the show is called Castle, but we know very well who the real heart and soul of the show is... yes, it's KATE BECKETT.
I think the heart and soul of the show are both Castle and Beckett. Then again, that's probably something we determine based on our preferences. I love every single character and am interested in every single storyline, so I'm an easy fan to please
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Trust me, I have heard this over and over again this season. I am simply unable to see what everyone else sees. And I've tried, more times than I care to admit. Watching and re-watching these scenes that everyone points out. It's just not there for me. But like I said before, I hate having to try and to read between the lines. I despise subtle!!!
i’m sorry if i say what has already been said. i just miss what’s happening in the other threads cause i’m too scared of spoilers to check anywhere but here xD

Quote:
Marlowe said that if you stay only light-hearted there’s a danger that the characters don’t grow. i understand that. i wouldn’t call it a downer tho. but then again, i’m a sucker for sad stuff xD Terri said she loves romantic comedy. so i’m confident we’re gonna keep that as well. 4x01 was heavy whereas 4x02 was so much fun. then you got the contrast from 4x06 and 4x07. imo they’re doing great in keeping that balance just like Marlowe said they want to do it. and i have a feeling our torn hearts after 4x09 will be soothed by 4x10 again.

sure the banter and ease is what got us all into the show. but it’s grown from a playground crush to utter love and i think – especially at this point that we’re SO CLOSE to a breakthrough – it wouldn’t be consistent if they had all emotional weight wiped away just for the fun of it. can you imagine Castle saying “it really has been a long time for you, hasn’t it?“ to Beckett now? even an ear pull right now.. i can’t help it but only the thought of it is more hot than funny xD still i don’t have trouble imagining the pinching and pigtail-pulling will be back once they are together and don’t treat each other like china anymore.

Quote:
hmm i’ve never thought of it this way xD name of the show or not, they have both been the lead characters from the start (maybe Caskett would’ve been a better title xD). but despite the fact that Castle is mostly wearing his heart on his sleeve, we got to see his POV and learned a lot about him already. he’s still goofy but i loved to see him grow up. it’d be a little flat if they kept exploring the same character each season. not to mention that the character of Beckett owns. i’m glad they don’t let it go to waste. and Stana more than deserves the spotlight. i’m sure Nathan/Castle is not forgotten.

Quote:
not at all as much as i love reading my own fangirl thoughts written down by someone else (usually expressed better than i ever could), a different take is interesting from time to time. it’s called discussion thread after all
WhatTheHeartWants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

I loved the episode and STanas acting was brilliant and very much Emmy worthy so if she gets snubbed again next time I am going to freak.

I also loved it to see some Beckett and Esposito Friendship bonding over it and while i didnt expect it to be him to finally have her open up and it surprised me, I loved it a lot.

somehow tho, I still expected more, Dont get me wrong everyone. I loved the episode, I loved all the acting, I loved the casket dynamic, that he didnt push her and that she noticed that and thanked him for it, I loved how they all wporked together in helping beckett and I loved the family scenes and friendship scenes we got. BUT I was expecting a little more from the breakdown, and I was honestly expecting Castle to figure out that she DOES very much remember everything. i mean why on earth would she be so shaken up about everything if she didnt remember? Yes I know that he got pointed now into the direction but I would have loved to see more reaction on his part.

all in all it was a great episode and an episode that pushed casket a little cloesr together I think

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread