Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

okay.. two things did happen. Kate finally knowing what the problem is, and Castle asking himself the question whither its worth it or not.

except for that, and that was a matter of a minute in total, I thought this episode was not good. I hated that slaughter guy, the case was not interesting to me, I missed the castle and beckett interaction that we only got to see 5 minutes prior the ending of the episode.

I mean hell, this is episode 21!! not 12. I know that most of you think that this was somehow a big breakthrough episode for the both of them but let me tell you, kate having to be pushed by other people about what the real problem is.... fail! She should have noticed herself thta Castle is hurt. Okay she didnt see him listening to her confession, but even she should kow that 7 months is a really long time for someone who works with you every single day and is in love wiht you for even longer.

and yes I get it that somehow it was a turning point as castle asked himself if its worth it or not but seroousiyl.. we are almost in reach of the finale? how will it continue? if they contonue to move this slow they are making babies by the time they are 80, and let me tell you... this is gonna be hard then.. okay weird word choice

anyway, I am furstrated. I expected a lot more of the episodes not long before the finale

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Suz you kill me hun Your post made me laugh so hard. Especially "This is going to be hard then" And well I'm glad I"m not the only one who thought this episode was way too slow moving. At this point I expect more to happen. I mean out of the entire episode there was about 2 minutes of Becket and Castle. And what's changed really? They're both "thinking" about what they need to do. Instead of acting and actually doing something *sigh*.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
OMG! I LOVED tonight's episode!!! Hah! Very first scene was a Fireflly reference I was lapping it up! Except, sorry Nathan, I love you, but leave the doll playing to Alan Tudyk. lol And of course you can't miss the obvious reference with the Browncoat. Loved seeing Nathan & Adam together again, just wish they could've found a more permanent role for him so he'd come back again.
I squealed through most of the episode, just because we were seeing Nathan & Adam on-screen, together again.

Okay, I got the dino-doll (Wash!!), Castle handing over the browncoat, and there was mention of a "catalyzer" - - any other Firefly nods?

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
IceKat055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Heat (View Post)
okay.. two things did happen. Kate finally knowing what the problem is, and Castle asking himself the question whither its worth it or not.

except for that, and that was a matter of a minute in total, I thought this episode was not good. I hated that slaughter guy, the case was not interesting to me, I missed the castle and beckett interaction that we only got to see 5 minutes prior the ending of the episode.

I mean hell, this is episode 21!! not 12. I know that most of you think that this was somehow a big breakthrough episode for the both of them but let me tell you, kate having to be pushed by other people about what the real problem is.... fail! She should have noticed herself thta Castle is hurt. Okay she didnt see him listening to her confession, but even she should kow that 7 months is a really long time for someone who works with you every single day and is in love wiht you for even longer.

and yes I get it that somehow it was a turning point as castle asked himself if its worth it or not but seroousiyl.. we are almost in reach of the finale? how will it continue? if they contonue to move this slow they are making babies by the time they are 80, and let me tell you... this is gonna be hard then.. okay weird word choice

anyway, I am furstrated. I expected a lot more of the episodes not long before the finale

She still doesn't know for sure what the problem is. It could be because Castle has moved on or possibly he is acting the way he is to protect himself emotionally. The therapist only suggested that Castle might be protecting himself and even then it was almost as an after thought.
rickfromillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Addicted Fan

I LOOOVED this episode!! I'll just second everything Ju, Jen and Kelly said because I agree with everything.

They have made sooo much progress in the last few episodes. Kate finally admitted out loud that she does have feeling for him and now she was willing to lose her job to help him even though he's been a "jackass". This is BIG!

And Caslte is willing to get over being hurt because he wants it bad enough.

I never watched Firefly, but I loved seeing the interactions between Castle and Slaughter. Castle was soo adorable and like a lost puppy. Wanting to be cool and tough and then ending up all scared. And it was a nice change of pace seeing Castle shadowing another detective and ending up appreciating Beckett and EspoRyan even more.

Loved it!

Oh and Becket's scene with the therapist? Amazing!! Probably my favorite!
JLarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

For those who downloaded or missed then end credits segement here it is.

Nathan Fillion & Robert Downey Jr - Castle/Avengers Promo (HD) - YouTube
CaptnBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah it isn't that i disliked this episode or that nothing at all happened, i think i just hoped for more when there are only 2 episodes left in the season and so many things are unresolved.
i also just didn't enjoy how little Beckett there was. and i think that's partly my fault for watching the sneaks, which i don't normally do but that one sneak spoiled that entire Beckett in therapy scene. for some reason having less Beckett bothered me much more this week than having less Castle in the Limey.
my guess is that my opinion will change a bit after seeing the last 2 episodes. it's different once you know how things turn out. there are still some great things that happened in this episode and i'm a huge Firefly fan so that much was awesome. i'm just saying that this pacing is really, REALLY slow, and is exacerbated by the multiple 2 week breaks between new episodes.
plus i'm scared that it means nothing other than subtext will happen before the finale, which is a lot of information for one episode.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You have to give the writers a chance to let it all play out. Ju was right, a TON of things happened to get them pointed in the right direction tonight. They have a plan and can't just get over all the secrets right away, I'm really liking the pacing of their story. Frustrating? OMG yes! But that's the point, good things come to those who wait and I'm waiting as patiently as I can knowing it'll all work itself out on May 7th
Exactly, that's why I can't be frustrated right now, I mean, for the first time in my shipper life I know FOR SURE that my couple is happening and I even know WHEN it's happening

Quote:
I'm so proud of Beckett right now. She may not be talking to Castle about her feelings but she is at least addressing them to others and for me that is enough for now. The fact that she has been out loud acknowledging that they even exist is a huge step. I loved how she said that she wasn't ready to hear that he loved her then but I think we can all see now she is. It broke me when she felt like she had waited to long.
Me too, SO proud I know not everybody can relate to what she's going through and how closed off she is about her feelings, how hard it is for her to SAY things, but I really can, so to me the progression they're making with this character is very very realistic and beautiful to see

Quote:
Did I miss it or was that scene with espo and ryan saying you can see they are pulling away from each other cut from the episode?
OMG YES! I was so excited with everything that I forgot all about it

Quote:
I know that most of you think that this was somehow a big breakthrough episode for the both of them but let me tell you, kate having to be pushed by other people about what the real problem is.... fail! She should have noticed herself thta Castle is hurt
Well, first of all, people see things differently, thank goodness Second, I honestly didn't see anybody PUSHING anybody. What I saw was her finally verbalizing to someone - her THERAPIST, a doctor who is supposed to help her deal with her issues, not "push" anything - what was going on and how that was frustrating her. Castle wasn't acting (in her eyes) hurt, he was acting just like, well, a jackass, like she said. Unless you know why somebody's behavior has changed, and I mean know as in they TOLD you, or something happened that made it pretty obvious (which wasn't the case of the confession she doesn't know he's heard) you're NOT supposed to know that magically, no matter how close you are. Now, after getting all that out to her threapist, her presented her two simple questions - what she thought he was trying to tell her by his behavior, and what she wanted to do about it. As a therapy patient, I find these interactions so rich and beautiful, cause I've been there and it's amazing how talking to someone who's not part of the situation (not a family member, not a friend, not a co-worker) can make you see things more clearly, look at them in another way, and sometimes finally figure out a way to deal with them. That's not fail at all in my book. But again, people see things differently, probably based on their own experiences, and based on mine I can say that she's definitely on the right path
Old 04-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think maybe Suz was referring to Espo's "push", where he told her there was something she could do about it to keep him around? Not sure, but I think some people need a little push in the right direction. It's not as if they weren't already heading there in the first place, they just need that extra bit of encouragement and sense talked into them. Her insecurities and shyness are what is keeping her from speaking out so it makes sense to me in regards to her character that she would be taking things so slowly. Heck, Castle needs it too, and got it from Slaughter, albeit in a very crass way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I squealed through most of the episode, just because we were seeing Nathan & Adam on-screen, together again.
Okay, I got the dino-doll (Wash!!), Castle handing over the browncoat, and there was mention of a "catalyzer" - - any other Firefly nods?
Oh! I missed the catalyzer bit! Hmm, I'll have to pay attention when I watch the epi again tomorrow. I'll try & keep my eyes peeled for any more references, but I'm thinking those are the only ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnBrock (View Post)
Castle/Iron Man crossover fantastic idea!

I think they've been waiting 10 years to punch each other on tv.
Hah! I LOVE it! That'd be too cool!
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think maybe Suz was referring to Espo's "push", where he told her there was something she could do about it to keep him around?
Didn't he just say "You don't really feel that way, do you?"? Am I forgetting anything else, cause again, that to me is not pushing. He was just pointing out the obvious. Pushing would be people telling her what to do, and I didn't see anybody do that. But that's just my opinion as a fan who's perfectly happy with everything as it is
Old 04-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
Didn't he just say "You don't really feel that way, do you?"? Am I forgetting anything else, cause again, that to me is not pushing. He was just pointing out the obvious. Pushing would be people telling her what to do, and I didn't see anybody do that. But that's just my opinion as a fan who's perfectly happy with everything as it is
Well, she's not being shoved in the direction if that's what you mean but I think it was a "hint hint nudge nudge" type thing. Hmm, I'm not sure...I'll have to watch the episode again, maybe I'm not remembering it correctly? And it might not even be what Suz was referring to, I could be WAY off base. lol

I was just watching the scene in "To Love & Die in LA" at the end when she was reading Royce's letter and came across the part where he said something about not putting the job before your heart. Well, in this episode she finally put her heart before her job! Ack! Beckett's definitely making strides!
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

well first of all by push i didnt litteraly mean PUSH lol

its just that last episode Lanie was trying telling her that she waited too long
this episode her therapist and Espo said something, how many nice words does she need to finally corner castle and let them talk like adults?

I am not sying that her therapist isnt supposed to help her thats what he is paid for lol. i am just saying that Beckett is a detective.I know it can get more difficult to read people when emotions are involved but if someone would tell me that they love me and i would "ignore it" for 7 months and suddenly the person would act like she didnt need me or want me or also like a jackass (people do weird things when they are hurt) I kind of would want to connect the dots and all

I am just saying, just like Kate does. that its only 2! more episodes til the finale and in this episode we got less interacting with those two then ever before. Of course they had some lines together and they even had a breakthrough but apart from each other. and thats not what i would expect if there is only 2 more episodes. I dont know how you feel about it but I dont want to have the finale wiht this time Kate saying I love you to castle and the screen goes black again. I want more

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Loyal Fan

^^ i agree. and i understand what you're saying too. i've found Beckett's inability to recognize what changed with Castle almost frustrating. i thought for sure that after an episode or two she would've put together the timeline of the change and that he had overheard her interrogation. i can't see how Beckett wouldn't have figured it out- not when his behaviour changed so drastically overnight and it's clearly driving her crazy. maybe next episode she'll have realized what happened- i'm guessing not.

but i also don't necessarily agree with Castle's assumption that Beckett must not feel the same way. i can get onboard with that because he's so hurt he likely isn't thinking clearly, but his behaviour in headhunters was really almost pathetic. he came off as desperate to be cool which i didnt like, though i did like Ryan and Esposito's reaction to him a LOT.

i really hope alexis' concern for his safety comes up again because earlier in this season she didnt' even want him following beckett around because he was "pretending" to be a cop. he obviously didn't care much about her concerns if he chose to follow around slaughter and it took him a really long time (almost embarrassingly) to actually stand up to Slaughter too. he came off as very high school immature, which is kind of a huge step back from the character he's become in the past season or two. i hope in the next episode he chooses to grow, if not then i can't see the point of this episode.

filler isn't the right word for this episode because important things did happen, but even after watching it twice i still felt like they were treading water. i wanted more. but it's very possible that after i see the last 2 eps of the season i'll like this one more. sometimes the entire story becomes clearer that way and the reasoning behind it. i understand Castle is a slowly progressing show and deals in a lot of subtext, but the combination of Castle and Beckett's fight and these stupid hiatus' are making this arc much more frustrating.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

To me Becket is just doing more of Becket talking to everyone except the one she should be about what is going on between her and Castle. At least she did cover Castle's back on the case, but when he thanked her for it she said something along the line about covering her partner's back. That makes it sound as though she would do the same for whoever her partner was. It would have meant much more IMO if she had said she would always cover HIS (Castle's) back. Another chance for her to let him know how she feels about him that she missed.
rickfromillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think it was a "hint hint nudge nudge" type thing
Well, yeah, and in real life that's what people do too. In my world at least Some people are all let me go and say how I feel and get this done, but some people aren't and they do need to hear it from someone else to get some perspective. There's nothing wrong with that, not to me at least

I don't get the "she's a detective" argument. Ok she's a detective so she should connect the dots on her own. What? If that's case, if her job should determine her attitude in this, then well, I would've expected him to have been more creative coming up with possible reasons why she didn't open up to him then she-doesn't-feel-the-same, since, you know, he's a writer and all

And I'm not worried about the two episodes left at all. I mean, really, what's new about this? This is tv, they ALWAYS leave everything for the finale to make sure you'll come back next season, if any of us have been following tv shows for long enough, we all know that this is how it works. And that's how it was in previous seasons too