Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Me too. Though her being in the funk over her latest boyfriend could explain her behavior at the dinner, because no matter how mad Martha would be I can never see her acting like that so it really must've been heartache and alcohol. I would like more elaboration on the Johanna/Alexis/Martha situation, if that can be solved I think a huge weight would be lifted and Jo would want to be there more. You would think Martha would want the families to be more united for the sake of Kate and any possible future grandkids.

Don't be so driven by the past,
that you throw away your future
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Yeah, she was drunk, that was also a part of it. But something happened between her and Johanna as well, so I really hope to find out what that was and that they will be able to fix it.
Same with Alexis. Her and Rick and Johanna should have a good talk about that situation..
Old 05-23-2018, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

^I believe the Martha and Johanna situation stems from the Alexis one and her feeling like Johanna was trying to replace her. Rick and Martha had been raising Alexis for so long on their own that they have no idea how to react when another wants to help and join in, so it's new to them (as it is Johanna and even Kate being a stepmother but instead of them working together to go through this new area they're fighting against it). Really makes me wonder how they would do once Baby Castle comes along because Martha isn't used to sharing the Grandmother role and Rick is so used to being a single parent that it'll be so different and new to them.

The other part of the Martha situation is technically on Johanna, if we go back to Apologize Johanna felt Martha was trying to replace her in Kate's life and I don't think she's let that go. Bringing up Martha living with them and how Kate's around her etc..

Old 05-23-2018, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

^I believe the Martha and Johanna situation stems from the Alexis one and her feeling like Johanna was trying to replace her. Rick and Martha had been raising Alexis for so long on their own that they have no idea how to react when another wants to help and join in, so it's new to them (as it is Johanna and even Kate being a stepmother but instead of them working together to go through this new area they're fighting against it). Really makes me wonder how they would do once Baby Castle comes along because Martha isn't used to sharing the Grandmother role and Rick is so used to being a single parent that it'll be so different and new to them.

The other part of the Martha situation is technically on Johanna, if we go back to Apologize Johanna felt Martha was trying to replace her in Kate's life and I don't think she's let that go. Bringing up Martha living with them and how Kate's around her etc..

Old 05-24-2018, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Reading your summaries makes me shake my head in confusion. It doesn't sound like the characters I followed on the TV show.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

No, they do act a little different from the tv-show, but to really understand everything, you have to read her other stories, starting with Apologize. That one starts with Johanna being alive all along, and has been living in witness protection in Wyoming..
Old 05-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
Reading your summaries makes me shake my head in confusion. It doesn't sound like the characters I followed on the TV show.
They're a bit different, but again Johanna returned from the dead so Kate's not gonna be the easiest with her especially getting shot trying to find her 'murderer' only for her to be alive. And Castle sides with Kate over everything regardless hence the Johanna and Rick tension and Jim sides with Johanna which makes sense.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

^What she says..
Old 05-25-2018, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Old 05-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

I do think sometimes though they can be a bit OOC but Kate’s reactions go with her previous ones on Castle all the way with the wall so she doesn’t get hurt etc..Alexis is the same. I do think Martha was a bit OOC the last chapter and maybe even Rick is from time to time to as at first he wants to be with Kate and you have her lying about the shooting and I do think on the show Castle would be more open to Johanna but at the same time I get it lol. I don’t know how I’d react if I’m told my mom died and years later here she comes alive...

Old 05-29-2018, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Anja have you read the latest of Tuesdays with Johanna? So glad we found out about the wedding and dress shop fiasco. I'm on Team Johanna here.

Also Looking For Love has been updated

Old 05-30-2018, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Yes, I did! Read it yesterday.. And yes, I'm with Johanna on this as well. It was pretty mean of them to shove her aside, not just Martha, but Kate as well, she should have sided with her mother too..
Old 05-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

She should’ve! And it didn’t help her feelings if Martha acting like her mother. I could only imagine Martha when this baby were to arrive it was also not Martha’s place to go to Johanna’s house. If Kate wanted a battle with her mom she would’ve done it herself. I’m glad Ricks getting his eyes open to all on this, I foresee some Rick/Kate and Rick/Martha scenes coming up as Kate does need to go apologize. I hope Kate leans on Johanna for this pregnancy.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Yeah, agreed! I really hope Rick has a good talk with Martha about it all.
I hope so too, I think every girl needs her mother when she's pregnant...
Old 05-30-2018, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

I agree, if Kate does stuff with Martha it shouldn't be thrown into Johanna's face and Martha should be encouraging the relationship or at least telling Kate to keep it civil. I still wanna know about the hospital incident though, maybe down the road since we now have the wedding one.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top