Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2013, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

It was a great episode! I loved the theme and Beckett's skepticism lol. I'm done with Alexis/Pi storyline. It is overplayed at this point and I hope that Castle comes to term with the fact that she is going to do whatever she wants and he needs to let her grow up and do heron thing. The last scene broke my heart. I feel bad for Castle because he tried everything to get her to stay/come back to the loft but she is being a spoiled little brat so he should just let her be at this point.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Absolute Fan

I was underwhelmed by this one.

Maybe it's because I watched the good wife first (which was phenomenal and made it a tough act to follow) but I dunno the stand out from the episode for me was Beckett's hair

Alexis, I did kind of like that not everything was fixed at the end and I get she's 19 but this whole story line has been poorly executed that I just don't see why I should care. It's sad to see Alexis/Castle season 2 vs season 6 though.
Kelly2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

I think the issue is going to continue into the next episode. But I am hoping they come to an agreement and that this will be solved then.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay so I couldn't wait. I did go ahead and watch the ep and will be doing so again tonight.

I have to say that I seriously loved it! Loved the whole 'National Treasure' theme and Caskett discovering the creepy door way (ah S3 memories!)

Beckett looked amazing. Seriously would love to have this woman as a mentor.

As far as Alexis, I like that she's growing up, I do but she's only 19. She's always acted beyond her years and sometimes that can be a good thing but Alexis has a way of that becoming bratty which I don't like.

That end scene with her and her father was extremely heartbreaking.

I just can't relate to Alexis anymore which is what I find disappointing but that's just me and the way they've decided to write her character.

As for her and Pi, I just don't see it- and maybe that's because we don't see them with scenes together like we did with her and Ashley- at least their relationship I could by into but I just don't see any chem. with her and Pi.

Other than my little Alexis talk, great episode and can't wait to watch again during states air time
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

watching right now you guys couldnt wait any longer either?

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Generically speaking, I do look at the Alexis issues w/ mixed feelings. She was always there to ground Castle in the home. Well, let's face it that's Beckett's job now for the most part job and home life.

So while a bit annoying to watch, we are seeing Alexis' character morph into something else for the show... and timing wise, it's okay, she's becoming an adult "out in the real world" vs. the safety of the loft.

It'll only make the relationship stronger and sweetened as his little girl grows up. And I really do like the topic where Alexis does have to accept Beckett as soon-to-be married into the family... that's a huge thing for the Castle family... and all the issues have to be dealt with like in real life.

Pi is just the tool to create the father-daughter tension... so I can't wait for him to go away either.
pwthepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Heat (View Post)
watching right now you guys couldnt wait any longer either?
lol it was fun to watch together

I wasn't really invested in the Alexis storyline but I loved the whole treasure hunt case storyline
Old 10-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the ep, not the best but it did have it's moments. Love the sword fight and the opening scene.

With Alexis out of the house Castle and Beckett will has some more alone time, when his mom is not around
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah one thing that I forgot to comment on that is really important:

When Castle removed the bag of coins this was my first thought:

"Damn it Castle, haven't you seen Indiana Jones?!!!!!!!! "

Ha ha and sure enough something happened
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwthepup (View Post)
Pi is just the tool
Agreed.
tbbtftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Pi is just the tool to create the father-daughter tension... so I can't wait for him to go away either.
And I'm sure Alexis is making good use of him right now, get it out of her system.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Generically speaking, I do look at the Alexis issues w/ mixed feelings. She was always there to ground Castle in the home. Well, let's face it that's Beckett's job now for the most part job and home life.

So while a bit annoying to watch, we are seeing Alexis' character morph into something else for the show... and timing wise, it's okay, she's becoming an adult "out in the real world" vs. the safety of the loft.

It'll only make the relationship stronger and sweetened as his little girl grows up. And I really do like the topic where Alexis does have to accept Beckett as soon-to-be married into the family... that's a huge thing for the Castle family... and all the issues have to be dealt with like in real life.

Thank you so much for this insightful posting!

I agree completely that his daughter has always been Castle's go-to source for moral guidance -- which from my experience of family and friends leads to tremendous troubles for such a child when it's time for their parents to launch them into the wide world as adults who aren't responsible for anyone but themselves (children who are expected to provide moral guidance -- as opposed to the reverse -- rarely seem to be able to apply the same lessons they counsel their parents to adhere to {see rates of incarceration, murders, suicides, etc. amongst kids who've grown up too soon}, so I'm glad to see the show addressing the fact that Alexis is not only feeling, but also expressing anger towards her dad before any of the above issues actually become issues). I dearly hope that this season, one of the ongoing storylines will be about Castle beginning to see his "little girl" as a young woman and one that he loves so deeply that he's willing to let her make mistakes and be on the cusp of womanhood, which often means that she'll make different mistakes than he made in his own past, but that he should love her anyway.

As much as I dislike Pi, and as much as I dislike the fact that this storyline has become necessary (because it's frankly just a little too close to the bone in many instances re: people I've known and love), I love the fact that the writers aren't shying away from the pain a child would feel when her dad didn't tell her that he was getting married himself (her pain in that final scene was quite harrowing, but I can equally understand why Castle chose not to tell her over the phone), so I'm glad that the show is exploring this aspect of the generational wars and am looking forward to seeing a satisfying resolution to something that's a very realistic problem!
hopeless romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To be honest I didn't realize they had not told Alexis about the engagement, just assumed it was done off camera at some point, or did I miss the scene?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed the episode, loved all the treasure haunting storyline , the ending scene was really sad thought
Old 10-29-2013, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay so yeah I won't be watching the episodes early anymore like I did yesterday because I ended up going to bed at 8:15 and couldn't stay up till 9.
Emma♥Neal
Reply   Post New Thread