Old 10-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Great episode. I just love Kate Beckett even more now

Looks like No Castle Next Monday though

Last edited by Kelly2790; 10-07-2013 at 02:47 AM
Kelly2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Castle Monday for those in the States!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
Great episode. I just love Kate Beckett even more now

Looks like No Castle Next Monday though
It was a great episode! There is a new episode next week, I wasn't sure there was when CTV didn't air a promo, but I checked and there is a new one!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin32 (View Post)
It was a great episode! There is a new episode next week, I wasn't sure there was when CTV didn't air a promo, but I checked and there is a new one!
Yes that confused me too. I wasn't sure if there was a new one because it is our Thanksgiving as well but I am happy there will be a new episode.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved the new episode.

Happy Castle Monday for all you guys in the US.

Can't wait to discuss the episode tomorrow.

green eyes sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh this is the part of my day I hate. I only have one class on Mondays- having all day and waiting until 9 PM. I've got 11 hours to go

I ran a couple errands but not enough to waste time so I'm here in my apartment just biding out my time.

Maybe I'll do some grocery shopping or something today since I'm running out of the essentials just to pass the time.

ETA-

Okay so I watched the ep last night and OMFG! Loved the Caskett, loved the storyline!

Let's see as I consult my notes as I take notes during the commercials.

The Case:

Really enjoyed the 'Saved by the Bell' theme. It went in so many directions right up to the CIA which I found shocking!

Other Details:

Ryan & Espo- Seriously what's not to love about these two. Loved seeing Ryan's inner fanboy! I love when they give us stuff like that because we can all totally relate whether it's to Castle, current other fandoms, or fandoms of the past (hell I'm still an original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fan so I totally get how Ryan feels).

The boys wanting Castle to be an inside man for their team despite being engaged to Beckett was funny as hell.

Sully- Oh Sully. "Beckett left big shoes to fill", damn straight she did. I was cringing every time we saw Beckett's desk. What a freakin' slob! I so would not want to know what his apartment or house looks like. LOL. One thing is for sure, if and when Beckett gets back, she better sterilize the desk more than once. LOL!

Aw sad to hear the Nikki Heat movie go straight to DVD.

What a great scene with the boys finding the guns and the girls coming up on them.

Holy crow the guy who found the dead guy is involved. Should have figured. I've seen that actor before. Then to find out he was CIA was even cooler!

What a great scene with Gates, Beckett, and McCord. 3 strong women in a tough scene. Liked Gates saying how the case would be a distant memory for McCord and DC but not for them and you could see Beckett still feels the same way so it was great of her to play devil's advocate by covering the CIA's butt.

Really going to miss Lisa Edelstein. She was a great addition this season.

Castle:

What is not to love about this man! Seeing him insert himself into the investigation was downright hilarious especially when he was not allowed access to cross the yellow tape. Then him trying to charm his way.

Him touching things, typical Castle.

Caskett:

Okay now one of my focal points!

Seeing them 'in bed together' only to find out it was face-time was seriously the best thing ever!

Loved the Castle bribe! Beckett's joy when she came into the room was literally to die for, she was beyond happy.

I loved how Castle tried to Castle his way onto the case to get info. from Beckett.

What a lovely Caskett scene when the two were in the lounge talking about Beckett's flight and Castle standing behind her.

Holy crow loved the Caskett ending! The key to the DC apt. was just as thrilling as the proposal especially the way Beckett reacted.

Beckett:

It's awesome seeing Beckett on the side of the feds doing the whole 'its need to know' bit. Also like her questioning the job. Beckett has always been the type to get the whole picture so it's frustrating for her when she doesn't.

Beckett is still a cop- she still had to get justice for the victim and she still needed Castle as her partner. She risked her job by giving Castle that flashdrive! But I'm sure to her (and us) it was so worth it.

Beckett being fired, okay we all saw that coming, either that or her leaving the job on her terms. She's broken the rules too may times but it's so worth it. She belongs as a cop as extraordinary as she was as a fed. She needs to get justice for the vics rather than just partial bits of the story.

Final Thoughts:

Really enjoyed the episode. Definately one of the best so far!
Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Ron_Beckett; 10-08-2013 at 04:23 AM
Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I loved, loved, loved this episode!

As Ron has so eloquently stated its many positive features, I just wanted to add my two cents worth: this could easily be seen as a "bridge" episode, one in which the behavior of the main protagonists was just a setup for future episodes and future conflicts.

The things that sold me on it as an episode to treasure in its own right were Beckett's determination to do the right thing for the victim (IOW, she simply wasn't happy being a cog in a larger wheel but remained "incorruptible") but also the case itself, which was very interesting (even though casting Antonio Sabato, Jr. as the baddie was kinda a giveaway that the seductive CIA/National Security Interests angle was just a diversion). I really liked the way that the show took on issues of capital (or Capitol) letter Justice versus actual justice for a human being who was killed and for a grieving woman who was caught in the middle, and the fact that no amount of handwavium could change the fact that people who want to do the right thing when power and influence come into play are often caught facing uncomfortable consequences.
hopeless romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

the episode was amazing
Old 10-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode, I loved the ending with Castle giving her a key to their own place in D.C. too bad they won't be needing it after all but we all knew she'd be leaving that job one way or another.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

i liked the episode. it was good to see Beckett stepping up to what she believed in. i am sure that even Lisa E would have done the same if she was working somewhere else. it sucked tho for getting fired but at least castle and beckett can be together again now. and i loved how castle gave beckett a key and worked very hard on making it work wiht her that was so cute

and i dont like alexis wiht the new guy. sigh. they are annoying

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Suz I'm with you. I don't like Alexis with Pi either. It just doesn't work. She's had other boyfriends before who were better. And I just don't see chem. there, even as friends.

I read in a fanfic somewhere that made a good point: considering Castle is forced to deal with Pi, Alexis should not complain or make trouble for Castle and his relationship with Beckett.

I do like Alexis don't get me wrong but just this relationship with Pi isn't working for some reason.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

I totally agree Ron! I've always like Alexis, but something about this relationship with Pi is rubbing me the wrong way. I get the feeling that they are trying to portray that Alexis is 'grown" up and moving on with her life now and she doesn't get the same attention from her father now that Beckett is in his life but I still don't like it. I wish that Castle would just kick him out and I hope that Beckett moves in instead.

I just loved the end scene! It was very reminiscent of the proposal. I love a shocked Beckett. It's really too bad that we are not going to see them in that apartment but I'm excited to see where things go from here. I'm just assuming that Gates won't hire her back right away so she may have some time on her hands. I am happy they won't be having a long distance relationship anymore. It was hard but it definitely made them stronger.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

She's like; gross..!!