Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Castle Episode Discussion Thread 8.14 - The G.D.S

8x14 "The G.D.S."
Air Date March 7th @ 10pm

"Castle goes to Los Angeles in hopes of finding answers about the time he cannot remember."

Last edited by Copop; 05-01-2023 at 02:44 AM
SIC PARVIS MAGNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to see this.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

So excited for this one.

Especially because of the guest star appearance
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread..
Can't wait to see it, this one is
Spoiler:
Old 03-07-2016, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Happy Castle Monday!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Happy Castle day!!
Old 03-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Enjoy the episode tonight you guys!

Will watch tomorrow
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 03-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Sadly no Beckett but overall it was a good episode
The ending was everything, I hope Castle tells Beckett because now I honestly see no point in the fake break up...

That's all I have to say for now.

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

Tonight's episode was great. Yes there was no Beckett but it was still good. Lanie and the boys were priceless and Hailey with Castle and Alexis was great as well. Who knew she was in on the wiping up on Castle memories. Once again it was his dad involved in bringing Hailey to him. Makes so much sense now.

My mouth snapped open when Rick opened up that file and revealed Locksat is what caused him to wipe his memories. EEEK!! :eek He better tell his wife and deal with this together. I can't handle the secrets.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm conflicted about this episode for a couple reasons:

1.) NO BECKETT

2.) It felt like a spin-off

~*~*~

It was a good episode don't get me wrong.

And I loved Summer Glau's guest appearance. I love her. And Rick's comment, "Hey I know you" had me grinning like a crazy person and fangirling

The boys and Lanie were fun especially when she used the fire extinguisher on them.

Total shocker to find out Rick knew about Locksat. That was insane!

~*~*~

By the preview when Beckett said, "I can't do this anymore" I hope this means she and Castle get back together!

~*~*~

That's all I've got.

Like I said, I was conflicted about this ep.

When they were in LA I just really wanted Beckett to go with- for them to discover it together instead of having Haley around.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
I'm conflicted about this episode for a couple reasons:

1.) NO BECKETT

2.) It felt like a spin-off

~*~*~

It was a good episode don't get me wrong.

And I loved Summer Glau's guest appearance. I love her. And Rick's comment, "Hey I know you" had me grinning like a crazy person and fangirling

The boys and Lanie were fun especially when she used the fire extinguisher on them.

Total shocker to find out Rick knew about Locksat. That was insane!

~*~*~

By the preview when Beckett said, "I can't do this anymore" I hope this means she and Castle get back together!

~*~*~

That's all I've got.

Like I said, I was conflicted about this ep.

When they were in LA I just really wanted Beckett to go with- for them to discover it together instead of having Haley around.
The only reason she wasn't there is because Stana was in Europe. Remember all those pics on her twitter and instagram. They were filming this episode when she was there and enjoying herself. So yeah this is what we got and I enjoyed it even knowing she was not going to be there. She will be in two weeks and it sounds like she is done being separated from that clip we got.

I feel sorry for Nathan and the rest of the cast. It is as if they don't exist and it is the Stana show and no one else. In some ways I wish they ended in season 7. At least it would have ended with every one happy.

Last edited by hfce; 03-08-2016 at 09:21 AM
hfce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah true. Still as great as it was seeing Stana in Europe and not filming Castle, enjoying her life at the same time (as it has been since the beginning in my opinion) Beckett has been the forefront of the show so it's weird without her.

If anything GDS felt like a Derrick Storm novel which I did love don't get me wrong.

This season has just been rocky. And the way S7 ended would have been perfect.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
The only reason she wasn't there is because Stana was in Europe. Remember all those pics on her twitter and instagram. They were filming this episode when she was there and enjoying herself. So yeah this is what we got and I enjoyed it even knowing she was not going to be there. She will be in two weeks and it sounds like she is done being separated from that clip we got.

I feel sorry for Nathan and the rest of the cast. It is as if they don't exist and it is the Stana show and no one else. In some ways I wish they ended in season 7. At least it would have ended with every one happy.
Agreed with both statements. It did feel a bit like a spin off but when Stana signed she did get more vacation I think (Milian and then Europe, this is Stana's choice not the writers.) To be honest I wasn't happy with the lack of Beckett but at the same time they have this fake break up going on, Beckett's on there search for LokSat on her own so for Castle to find out about his missing time on his own is really only far. Plus the show is called Castle meaning we are going to see a bit more of him (as a Beckett fan and a fan of the show a good amount of the stories have been Beckett based~Johanna's murder. then LokSat . It's sort of refreshing to see a Castle story)

I feel sorry for them too. Everyone was tweeting about how there was no Beckett/Stana at least watch the episode and give it a chance You can't want a Season 9 but be ungrateful for what we have right now, just my opinion. And not watching isn't going to help out with a 9th season.

Anyways I was really shocked that Hayley had originally meet Castle during his off time. I like it all ties into this LokSat story. Now that we know they tie into each other I hope they end this fake break up because regardless now we know they (Loksat and crew) will have no issue going after Castle. To me this is a good way to bring it all together. I can't wait until the next episode (that happens to be more Beckett based and see Caskett together).

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I must be the only one who can live without Beckett for an ep lol I'm pretty sure this was part of Stana signing on so she could have more freedom to do other things while in conjunction with Castle.

and I say this with no offense to Stana or Beckett cause Beckett is the first female character I have truly truly adored but people forget this show is called CASTLE. Not Beckett CASTLE. The whole reason I fell in love with Castle was it was more than just a ship and amazing ship at that the best one I've ever had but as a whole is an amazing show. The others carried that ep very well the side SL with Rysposito and Lanie was friggin hilarious I enjoyed every moment of it. Rick ,Alexis and Hayley were an awesome combo in LA fun to watch them figure things out and my mind was blown when found out Hayley was apart of his missing time cause she knew his dad thats epic and that it ties back into Loksat SOOOO much better than what we got last year with Sleeper they're IMO fixing what Amann did with Sleeper by attaching it back to Beckett and the core of the show which is Caskett.

Sorry if any you feel this season has been rocky. Its change this show has been on the air almost eight years you have to change things up in order to keep it fresh and the transition I think has been fine. Everyone wants season after season but they forget the writers have to think of things to keep it fresh and the actors happy and what is going on this season is jus that. Part of Stana signing on was she got more vacation time and that means yeah she's not in a couple eps but that really isn't the end of the damn world. and this isn't directed at anyone here but people want more we get more they complain. It drives me INSANE. Just enjoy what we're getting we're in show infamy right now being on this long and still being successful so anyone who complains about this season just sends my irish temper into overdrive.

And Caskett is happy they're working things out with this Loksat thing I'm enjoying this season but I'm sorry to anyone who isn't cause probably nothing I can say to make you enjoy it. I better stop before I get any angrier lol

I enjoyed the ep very much and I LOVE that they're tying his disseverance back into Loksat for beckett they're forever joined no matter what. one of my fav blogs said this yesterday during her live blog and its so true to them

Quote:
Richard Castle and Kate Beckett love one another so much that they will put their lives at risk, make themselves miserable and horribly unhappy just so that the other has a chance to live.
Love that. Basically what the whole ep boils down to. Can't wait to see what else there is to come.

Last edited by SIC PARVIS MAGNA; 03-08-2016 at 11:19 AM
Reply   Post New Thread