Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm happy everyone seems to have loved it but...I didn't, sorry girls I mean, I'm not saying there weren't funny moments, there were, but it TOO much of a filler right before the hiatus. Not to mention that I didn't get the case at all, I don't know why they were handcuffed, why they were taken to that place, nothing And that frustrates me because it makes it obvious that it was just meant for nothing other than us seeing C/B cuffed and getting in weird sexual positions. It's funny and all, but in the end that's all it is I feel the same about this episode as I did about Heartbreak Hotel, actually, funny moments, but nothing more.

As far as relationship stuff, that was great as always, the bickering and everything, but still, there was too little Castle OR Beckett in the episode, and while I'm so happy that the other characters are so awesome and are getting their chance to shine, it's like the third or fourth time this season where there's too much of everybody else and too little of the leads. They're leads for a reason, the focus SHOULD be on them.

Anyway, sorry for the unpopular opinion
Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Loyal Fan

^^ i actually do see what you're saying. while i enjoyed this episode, this entire season has had a different vibe to it. i'm not sure if it was an inevitable result of changing a cast member (montgomery), or what, but there definitely has been a lot of unequally weighted episodes.

i love the supporting cast as much as the next fan, but i agree that the focus has been pulled away from castle and beckett, together and individually a lot somehow this season. and one thing that would make me really unhappy is if in order to get caskett in a real relationship, the writers think that means needing to cushion time with lots of other characters so people don't get tired of them, which i don't think is necessary.

i thought heartbreak hotel was a rather blah episode. i didn't hate it, i've never hated an episode of castle. i just love some more than others.

i feel like the first 10 episodes of any season are usually the ones that feel the least connected. thats how i feel about most shows. i think this season has been good overall, but i'm also feeling like they're treading water just a little bit.

i almost feel like Marlowe opened a door he wasn't quite ready to run through (sort of like Beckett), and didn't want to jump into the deep end really quickly this season so we've gotten a lot of episodes that are neither positive nor negative in their entirety in regards to the Castle/Beckett relationship. I think the characters have had a few big moments of growth individually though.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

Other than Caskett scenes...episode wasn't great enough...
so i'm happy we got some great moments...

those little lines they do which have other meaning..I love that..and last episode they didn't get to talk at all..so in that deptt this episode filled that void

First Beckett's smile made my early morning...
Anybody enjoyed Tiger?

Case was miserable...though
meen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Loyal Fan

^^ the case was just buried entirely. which yes, does point to this being a stunt episode for caskett to be handcuffed together. that being said, there are far worse stunts that could be done.

and the episode is still enjoyable. though upon rewatch i basically want to fast forward through all scenes not caskett
Old 12-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

^^IA..far worse stunts could be done
I'm doing that only re-watch..only for Caskett scenes
Old 12-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Loyal Fan

fact is, this episode, along with the majority of episodes thus far this season have been total filler. the only one that wasn't was Kill Shot.

enjoyable episode, but i'm hoping for a lot more sustenance in the latter half of season 2.

not that i don't appreciate the hilarity of tonights events. the gifs of beckett and castle trying to move the freezer will likely keep me occupied laughing for a long time.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

^^I understand what u r trying to say
after Kill Shot we needed some hilarious episode and we got that

the later half will be a rollercoaster for sure...so many issues...to be addressed
Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Loyal Fan

i want to watch the bloopers for cuffed right now. i feel like there's no way those aren't totally hilarious.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

^^exactly me too
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

That end scene brang my heart so much joy!! Still hating the boss.
Meriah_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Loyal Fan

i so desperately want to know if they left Stana and Nathan handcuffed together between takes.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

I'm more interested while shooting..All of them must have been there..Laughing at them joking
If they were b/w the takes as well..idk
Old 12-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Loyal Fan

at this point i'm pretty sure when Caskett kiss for real everyone in this fandom is going to have to pause and go take a cold shower.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

I'll be starstrucked or i'll be having a silly grin on my face

i will take cold water....as its too cold my side...and its raining
Old 12-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Have to agree it wasn't a Top 5 episode for me. But my expectations where through the roof reading all the articles. Did like it, just not as much as 'Cops and Robbers'.

Great comedy moments, pretty intense last 15 minutes! My big critique... why didn't they think of THAT orientation of the container earlier? Oh well... that's too critical.

Last edited by pwthepup; 12-06-2011 at 10:42 AM
pwthepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread