Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
I'm all for being badass and stuff but Gates IS right, and Ryan DID the right thing, hell he SAVED Beckett from falling off a roof, and then Esposito is all like I-can't-even-look-at -you, seriously man???
Ju, i love your avi..she looked so beautiful

Ryan and Gates did what anyone would do in their position
Esposito's reaction is also believable.He had to give his gun and badge..and fact is that is not the issue He told Gates- it is the issue
but they all will understand eventually
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Held my breath during Castle's confession when all the details were spilling out, riveting, bold, genuine, with a hint of fear he's gonna get rejected, and brave enough to tell her he loves her to the point he can't watch her die. He took a stand right or wrong... leaving us viewers to decide.

Beckett's desperation of wanting him back when he opened the door because for a short time, she lost him. Loved that expression because again Castle clearly already let go evidenced by his fair yet hurtful way of asking the question.

Sidebar: She called before knocking, which I thought was interesting but haven't decoded the significance... especially since most of us probably knew it was her knocking.

Love the descriptions you all have of the passion turning into intimacy. They are NOT going to feel like it's a mistake the next morning... (boy would I love for Martha to walk in on them in bathrobes... ). By the time she does get back her job in an episode or two, yes, I'm sure they'll have to keep it a secret... which hopefully is cute and fun to watch.

As for the cliffhanger... well, probably overly critical but it was anti-climatic to me. I liked it, but was hoping for some more shock. The bigger shock was what the sniper said... that "actually, we know exactly who we're up against..." now that offers plenty of discussion over the summer...

The aftermath? My guess is Montgomery's friend is dead, the evidence disappears as Montgomery's friend was smart enough to hide it and they put Joanna Beckett's case on hold for a few episodes because Kate has a new priority for the moment, and that is her budding relationship w/ Castle.

Clearly Ryan save Beckett's life. So it gives me mixed feelings about how Esposito reacted...

Overall, just superb, and a reminder of why for once in my life, I am so deeply consumed with all things about a TV show!!! Someone else on FF said it best: OCD - Obsessive Castle Disorder.

Last edited by pwthepup; 05-08-2012 at 12:11 AM
Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Loyal Fan

the best thing about the way this episode was written is that every single character’s reasoning completely makes sense and is true to who that character is. Espo backed Beckett no matter what because that’s how he views cop loyalty and solidarity. Ryan did the same, he just did it his own way, by the book, because having someone’s back doesn’t always mean walking into fire with them. Sometimes the most responsible thing you can do is ask for help, but it doesn’t mean he cares any less.

Castle’s reasoning for walking away and for keeping his secret totally make sense. He loves her, wants her safe and doesn’t want her to risk her life. Beckett’s reasoning for feeling betrayed totally makes sense because Castle has been actively preventing her from solving the mystery that has been what her entire life is about for years.

It’s just brilliant. totally brilliant because you can’t really be mad at any of them or the reactions they had. It’s organic, and true to each character. it’s DELICIOUS.

as for the cliffhangers, honestly, i just feel like they opened up so many new avenues for storytelling and exploring new and different dynamics previously untouched. i think this finale was the perfect way to end the season of secrets and i think it was true to each character and very honest. plus there was no other way to end the season- castle and beckett had to be put together if the show wanted to maintain it's credibility at this point. and manufacturing reasons to keep characters apart destroys shows.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayk04 (View Post)
the best thing about the way this episode was written is that every single character’s reasoning completely makes sense and is true to who that character is. Espo backed Beckett no matter what because that’s how he views cop loyalty and solidarity. Ryan did the same, he just did it his own way, by the book, because having someone’s back doesn’t always mean walking into fire with them. Sometimes the most responsible thing you can do is ask for help, but it doesn’t mean he cares any less.

Castle’s reasoning for walking away and for keeping his secret totally make sense. He loves her, wants her safe and doesn’t want her to risk her life. Beckett’s reasoning for feeling betrayed totally makes sense because Castle has been actively preventing her from solving the mystery that has been what her entire life is about for years.

It’s just brilliant. totally brilliant because you can’t really be mad at any of them or the reactions they had. It’s organic, and true to each character. it’s DELICIOUS.

as for the cliffhangers, honestly, i just feel like they opened up so many new avenues for storytelling and exploring new and different dynamics previously untouched. i think this finale was the perfect way to end the season of secrets and i think it was true to each character and very honest. plus there was no other way to end the season- castle and beckett had to be put together if the show wanted to maintain it's credibility at this point. and manufacturing reasons to keep characters apart destroys shows.
glad someone feel the way i feel..and you explained better than me
Old 05-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great season final, really good how they got together with Castle being honest with the ILY and later Becket saying she wanted him... can't wait for S5, will Alexis or is mom come home to find them the next morning?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Great season final, really good how they got together with Castle being honest with the ILY and later Becket saying she wanted him... can't wait for S5, will Alexis or is mom come home to find them the next morning?
Martha will be off to Hamptons and Alexis won't be there till afternoon unless they are* *
Old 05-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Absolute Fan

You know sh** is about to go down when they silence the opening theme! I loved that because it set the tone for the whole episode.

I thought it was truly truly a fantastic episode, flawless. In a way I feel like one chapter has closed and a new one is beginning.

How they have written the story is fantastic. I got chills from the ending scene. Out side forces are going to try and pull them a part and it just sets up a whole new fascinating story to work with. But whatever comes their way it, they will do it together.

I loved Castle's speech to Beckett about 4 years and Beckett in that moment on the roof she knew, it was a moment of clarity at the wrong time, but clarity all the same. Her life has more meaning with Castle in it, she loves him and he is the one that is enabling her to become more than who she is because finally she has more of a purpose and drive to her life, more than justice and revenge, shes found love and true love at that.

I can't wait to see how Espo/Ryan are handled and I think the whole fandom is praying for a lovely awkward morning run in with Castle's family.

Also I have to say without the promo I would not have seen Beckett going to Castle's loft. It was like they were letting go and if Beckett didn't fight for him and tell him she just wants him, they would never ever be together. This was their moment and it was a perfect one at that.

I started to cry when Beckett was resting her head on his, telling him how sorry she was. Her walls were down and it was heartbreaking. Castle's reaction to that first kiss was complete vulnerability, he didn't know how to act or how to feel. It was like all their kisses were desperation and passion and that smile from Kate . Their in love.

We did not need a sex scene at all, what we got was so much more than that. I kind of think that sort of scene would not of gone well with the tone of the episode either. I don't ever need that kind of scene the pinning against doors is more than enough for me. More door slamming I say, there's fan fiction for the rest!

Lastly, the score for this episode was perfection to whoever did it

Last edited by Kelly2790; 05-08-2012 at 04:06 AM
Old 05-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by meen (View Post)
Martha will be off to Hamptons and Alexis won't be there till afternoon unless they are* *
I was too busy thinking about C&B to concentrate on all the details.

I could see Becket hiding out at Castle's place for a while since she has no job to go to now.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I was too busy thinking about C&B to concentrate on all the details.

I could see Becket hiding out at Castle's place for a while since she has no job to go to now.
i had to re-watch it myself to confirm it

Kelly- i agree with your post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

A big, giant DITTO to Kelly2790 and greyk04.

I've been no fan of Castle's attitude after he overheard her in the interrogation room, but I was so, so happy with his reaction to her after he spilled his secret and she was angry with him. Serious kudos to Nathan and Stana for their scenes because the raw love and pain Nathan was able to just shimmer with was so great. Castle loves her so much and he would do anything to protect her but he will not watch her knowingly destroy herself. Like someone else mentioned, she's essentially an addict. Or was. When you love someone you can only try to help them so much before you have to let them spiral into their rock bottom. That's what she did hanging off that building.

The end scene...just...wow. I love how after she kinda threw herself at him that first time it's like he didn't want to believe she might finally be caught up with him. That confused hopefullness was so well played by Nathan and I love that Castle knows her well enough to ask what happened. He had to know what changed her and I think her realizing that nothing matters more than him to her is what finally pushed him to realize he finally had her. It was just the perfect storm of want/need and emotional, deep love.

Andrew Marlowe did it right.
"Why?"
"Because I met you. That's why."
-Jess & Nick, New Girl
Castle/Beckett ~ Harry/Hermoine ~ Mulder/Scully ~ Nick/Jess ~ Katniss/Peeta
Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
I'm all for being badass and stuff but Gates IS right, and Ryan DID the right thing, hell he SAVED Beckett from falling off a roof, and then Esposito is all like I-can't-even-look-at -you, seriously man???
I felt like these two best friends we're due for a rift. But honestly, Beckett is alive because of her BOYS AGAIN! Ryan did the right thing and I totally would of done the same. I'd rather have my friend alive then mad at me.

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

I can't speak Amazing episode, that's all I can say.

Aaand, I need to go.. Over there!

CastleBeckett
Heidi

LJ.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

just found this review
Castle, "Always" | Sympatico.ca TV Guide
Old 05-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Something that struck me about Ryan and Esposito's reactions to Kate's instructions is how dissimilar they are, but ultimately are completely alike. They both wanted to help her so they both did it in their own way. Javier by going with her and Kevin by going to Gates. Neither is behind the others back. Both of them knew that that's what they were going to do, so I hope their friendship remains intact in season five.

I loved how Alexis' storyline intertwined with Castle/Beckett's. It's always done like that, but this one was probably one of my favorites. I also loved her speech.

I'm so glad Rick and Kate finally got everything out in the open. When it comes to their scenes last night that's the one that ranks at the top for me.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

I can't even focus .. I don't want to go to work.. i just want..

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread