Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Sorry, I know y'all are all pissed at Castle, but I don't think it's OOC at all! He's hurt. Betrayed. Acting like a guy who doesn't have a clue why the girl he's in love with, has spent so much time and effort with and devotion to building a connection to, doesn't return his feelings and is just acting out...like a guy who's hurt would do. Where is the problem with that?? I'm loving this new angsty Castle. And he's keeping the secret to protect her and essentially save her life, where is the crime in that?! Yes, he needs to come out with it and be upfront and honest, but SHE DOES TOO! They're BOTH being hypocrites right now as far as I'm concerned. And really...both of their secrets were to protect the other, so until they have a good heart to heart, I don't blame either for being hurt and acting out in response to them.

And I LOVE that Castle is staying with the cases because of what Alexis said about helping others. Now THAT is definitely in character and I love him even more for it.

God, I can't wait til next week's episode! I already love the Lanie/Beckett interaction, can't WAIT to see it on screen!

ETA: And I thought it was the camera man...totally surprised about it being the reporter! Nice twist.

Last edited by Talula78; 03-26-2012 at 10:41 PM
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also thought that the cameraman did it. Having the reporter be the bomber was a nice twist.

Also in regards to Castle`s behavior after learning that Kate lied to him about not remembering the shooting. I`m now a little more understanding about his feelings, but at the same time, it`s not like Kate set out to hurt. Castle should know by now how guarded Kate is emotionally. I hope that they will eventually talk about it soon.

Lastly i also loved the Kate/Lanie interaction in the promo and hope that we`ll get plenty of it in next week`s episode along with the same thing with Castle, Ryan and Esposito.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Also in regards to Castle`s behavior after learning that Kate lied to him about not remembering the shooting. I`m now a little more understanding about his feelings, but at the same time, it`s not like Kate set out to hurt. Castle should know by now how guarded Kate is emotionally. I hope that they will eventually talk about it soon.
Hmmm, but we're dealing with what now? Oh yeah! A guy. Men do not think on that level. I'm not trying to insult the entire gender (or maybe I am? lol), but in my own personal experience they relate to things in the literal context. Iow, "I expressed my feelings...she did not acknowledge them...therefore she does not love me and has been lying to me this whole time." They don't see beyond the obvious. In the same respect, Kate needs to be more open & honest with him about what's going on in her mind & heart, but let's face it, both have been beating around the bush, terrified about what the other thinks & feels. This is a common burgeoning relationship issue. And the easiest emotion to react with after experiencing a hurtful revelation is anger. Makes complete sense to me.

Last edited by Talula78; 03-27-2012 at 01:57 AM
Old 03-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Sorry, I know y'all are all pissed at Castle, but I don't think it's OOC at all! He's hurt. Betrayed. Acting like a guy who doesn't have a clue why the girl he's in love with, has spent so much time and effort with and devotion to building a connection to, doesn't return his feelings and is just acting out...like a guy who's hurt would do. Where is the problem with that?? I'm loving this new angsty Castle. And he's keeping the secret to protect her and essentially save her life, where is the crime in that?! Yes, he needs to come out with it and be upfront and honest, but SHE DOES TOO! They're BOTH being hypocrites right now as far as I'm concerned. And really...both of their secrets were to protect the other, so until they have a good heart to heart, I don't blame either for being hurt and acting out in response to them.

And I LOVE that Castle is staying with the cases because of what Alexis said about helping others. Now THAT is definitely in character and I love him even more for it.

God, I can't wait til next week's episode! I already love the Lanie/Beckett interaction, can't WAIT to see it on screen!

ETA: And I thought it was the camera man...totally surprised about it being the reporter! Nice twist.
^This..
if Castle would have understood Beckett at that moment only then it would have been OOC which for a moment i thought he would

and he staying with the cases..i really did admire..cleared one thing for me that he's not just there for Kate.He likes catching criminals.

This episode couldn't be better except the fact i didn't like the way it ended..ofcourse i wanted more than 42 minutes and wanted the decision of them in this episode..BUT

Good things come to those who wait...we have waited quite a long now..a little more wouldn't hurt..if we know the FRUIT will be the sweetest..
meen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by meen (View Post)

This episode couldn't be better except the fact i didn't like the way it ended..ofcourse i wanted more than 42 minutes and wanted the decision of them in this episode..BUT

Good things come to those who wait...we have waited quite a long now..a little more wouldn't hurt..if we know the FRUIT will be the sweetest..
^^This. We've waited a long time, I can wait a little longer if that means their connection deepens from of all of this and they learn to expand the bridge of honesty.

ETA: OMG! Just been catching up with the tumblr peeps and I saw this BRILLIANT interpretation of tonight's epi and had to share. Good onya, detectivejane! I think it's spot on in its analysis.

Quote:
detectivejane:

47 Seconds.

I loved that episode. Everything about it reflects this gnawing pain inside Castle as he reacts to Beckett’s confession- Everything is very raw and conflicted- but however hurt and confused he is he cannot just leave. He has a job to do, whether that be solving a mystery or remaining faithful to the friendship he has developed with his comrades at the precinct, even if that means being around the love of his life- one that he now thinks he may never be with.

The worst part, the part that tears at your insides, is that for the umpteenth time- exactly at the same time, for a few hours, both Castle and Beckett were in the same place. Wanting to own up to their feelings and move forward before it is too late. But no, of course not.
Looking at Castle and Beckett’s relationship now is not like looking at the aftermath of a bomb, it’s like looking at the havoc that a misunderstanding can wreak. They’ve never been honest with each other. Neither of them is innocent of this tangle. Castle is too insecure because Beckett is too guarded.

Beckett is symbolically aligned with the reporter. Who used the bomb in the spirit of blind ambition, because she believed she wasn’t good enough. Beckett’s ambition is different, but no less flawed. As hard as it is to believe sometimes, Kate believes that she is damaged. She wants to somehow fix herself before she lets go into this relationship with Castle, wants to be something better before she lets bomb go off, the secret come out. She doesn’t accept his love for what it is, that he loves her now in spite of her damaged parts.

Castle has hid his secret away, like the Beethoven bomber. It’s strategically placed, with certain people knowing what they need to know.

If I’m right it isn’t going to be his choice as to when that secret comes out. It’s going to be snatched from under him, probably unwittingly because Beckett doesn’t know about it, and start the fall of dominoes leading to this seasons’ ultimate conclusion. (Whatever fresh hell Marlowe has cooked up for that.)

The thing that really got me was that Castle still believes she is coddling him, embarrassed by his overtures, like in the first season. He doesn’t think she’s changed at all, even though she’s done so right in front of him. WTH dude.

Honestly, I think an explosion of this magnitude is exactly what this couple needed. Thanks, Marlowe.

Also, for the record, I spotted the Beethoven shirt the first time and most of it together- the reporter was a pleasant surprise though, because it tied all my symbolic parallels into neat little bows.

Last edited by Talula78; 03-27-2012 at 01:29 AM
Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 AM
Absolute Fan

I thought this episode was fantastic. They needed something to wake them up and appreciate what is going on around them or in their case what is not going on.

The only person however who doesn't know Beckett loves Castle is Castle!

I think castle's line about 'she may as well be dead' is referring to him and how he feels emotionally. Not the best choice of words but he has every right to be pissed. He has waited for her unconditionally with every faith that she was preparing to be ready for him and the thought that she isn't just breaks his heart he feels betrayed.

Martha: Love is not a switch you can't just work side by side and not feel anything
Castle: WATCH ME
(I got chills)

I loved Alexis/Castle scenes in this episode. They really connected. Castle doesn't do his job just to be with Beckett, or the thrill of the chase anymore, he does it because it gives him a sense of purpose. I love how much he has grown.

The biggest problem is their failure to communicate, it always has been. It is going to be amazing watching them have it out. I want shouting and passion. I'm very very excited about next weeks episode.
Kelly2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Elite Fan

Thanx Talula78 for that review..
I cannot disagree with it..
meen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
They needed something to wake them up and appreciate what is going on around them or in their case what is not going on.
^^ They did!

Quote:
The only person however who doesn't know Beckett loves Castle is Castle!
I know! It's sooooo frustrating to watch!

Quote:
I think castle's line about 'she may as well be dead' is referring to him and how he feels emotionally. Not the best choice of words but he has every right to be pissed. He has waited for her unconditionally with every faith that she was preparing to be ready for him and the thought that she isn't just breaks his heart he feels betrayed.
No, perfect choice of words. I think when Castle says "she may as well be dead" he's basically saying that she needs to be dead to him so he can deal with the pain. His heart is broken and he's lashing out.

Quote:
Martha: Love is not a switch you can't just work side by side and not feel anything
Castle: WATCH ME
(I got chills)
^^ Oh God, me too! I DIED when he said that!

Quote:
I loved Alexis/Castle scenes in this episode. They really connected. Castle doesn't do his job just to be with Beckett, or the thrill of the chase anymore, he does it because it gives him a sense of purpose. I love how much he has grown.
Yes, they were superb tonight! And I think a large person responsible (besides Alexis of course) for his newfound sense of purpose is Beckett. She helped him to realize that the victims and their loved ones go beyond just getting a story. Through watching her he has come to realize the importance of their job and what it truly means to people. Yes, he has definitely matured and come a LONG way since the beginning!

Quote:
The biggest problem is their failure to communicate, it always has been. It is going to be amazing watching them have it out. I want shouting and passion. I'm very very excited about next weeks episode.
YES!!! They BOTH are an epic FAIL in the communication department! There will be a lot of pain & frustration in the next few episodes but you know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I think this relationship will deepen beyond anything we've seen so far cuz of it. And yes, all of that confusion and angst will lead to passion and I am ready for it!

meen - You're welcome.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
^^ They did!

Yes, they were superb tonight! And I think a large person responsible (besides Alexis of course) for his newfound sense of purpose is Beckett. She helped him to realize that the victims and their loved ones go beyond just getting a story. Through watching her he has come to realize the importance of their job and what it truly means to people. Yes, he has definitely matured and come a LONG way since the beginning!
All of this!!!! This is what makes it a little frustrating. They have helped each other grow so much. I just can't believe he totally believes she doesn't have feelings for him back. He is just blinded by her betrayal and is hurting right now to question what her motives were to keep such a secret. Castle does not think one dimensional. I think he will begin to question why she would keep it for him or at least I hope he will once he has calmed down a little.
Kelly2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

EVERYONE was on their game in this episode. I got chills during numerous moments. Acting was on, writing was on, set production was on, sound/music gave me chills... etc. Everything was very believable. I thought cameraman as well because of the calm steady panning even after the explosion... and did notice the reporter being pretty nervous... but wasn't enough to tag her.

Agree with all of you and great find Talula78.

Yes, the fact that I got frustrated at Castle's attitude, that Beckett couldn't decode all the subtext Castle was flaming at her, well I chalk that up to a superb episode because it sure the heck got us all roused up!

My only beef is while I understand Castle his hurt, he is venting by having lunch dates AND having them show up at the precinct? WTH... but I suppose in his mind he's trying to let go because he feels Beckett doesn't feel the same way (which I sorta disagree as an audience member because of all the glances, smiles and flirting throughout this season).

I also agree Castle's secret is gonna be revealed without his knowledge... but I don't see how Castle's office digital screen reveals anything she doesn't already know... so it's something else...

*sigh*, I hope they are not hating each other going into the summer...

Last edited by pwthepup; 03-27-2012 at 06:04 AM
pwthepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly I feel sorry for Castle. He waited a looong time and was just about to work up the courage to tell her AGAIN that he loves her and what happens? He finds out that she's known all along and lied to him about it. Of course he's hurt and assumes that the only reason for her lying, must be that she doesn't feel the same. Even thought we all know Kate has her reasons, Castle has no way of knowing that.

I was really hoping for more confrontation. I wanted her to know that he found out but instead she's going to have to pick up on that from his behavior I guess. He's already giving her the cold shoulder and from the promo it looks like he'll be doing his best to move on and make her jealous in the process. It's her turn to make a move and I hope she does.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

This was such an awesome episode Everyone was at their best, acting wise. The case was classic Castle, full of twists and wonderfully interesting.

As for Castle, I don't think he was acting OOC. It all happened within a day- he's doomed to feel betrayed and hurt. He didn't run off to another woman or got drunk, he focused on the case. I'd probably have done the same.
Now the promo's a different matter. I want to live in denial a little longer though

This is my recap of the episode, just in case anyone's interested

Castle 1x19 "47 Seconds" recap: not for the faint of heart - NoWhiteNoise

^ I don't know how to fix the 1.19 in the title
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

I havent had the chance to watch it yet but I will do it really soon

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Let us know when you've watched it
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

i think it's weird that Beckett didn't put together that Castle overheard her- but i understand it's better "drama" this way. i just dont' think Beckett would be that clueless.

Castle's passive aggressiveness, while i understand it, is very hypocritical. but i understand he's reacting irrationally because he's hurt and not being objective. i don't like that he's reverting to his earlier ways though, judging from that promo for next week. last time with Demming he made assumptions about Beckett's feeling and flashed a blonde in her face. this time it seems he's doing the same but even worse because this time it's out of spite and anger.

my biggest issue with this episode was that Martha has been so inconsistent about Beckett this entire season. why would she so willingly go along with his assumption that Beckett must not love him? that doesn't even make sense- she was in that bank too, not that Beckett noticed.

i can't say i like how this went down, but i understand the reasoning behind it. for now i'll just sit and wait until more happens because i don't want to form damning opinions from this episode. not until i see the fireworks happening next week.

but i will say, Castle is a hypocrite. he has a secret too, and he too is sinning in silence. maybe when he wakes up and realizes this he'll stop playing the passive aggressive thing. but i do get that he's hurting and likely won't think of things objectively.