Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Wow..!! How to get a cold..
yep give it time and I'm sure my whole house hold except for Austin, Amaya and I will be sick again (or this time it'll be us three...)

Welcome back, Hope

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-18-2017, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

Welcome back Hope, did you have a good time?
So far the weather is still good here, hopefully I won't get a cold this year..
Old 10-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I probably will but mine haven't lasted long nor have they been bad since I stopped getting the flu shot

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-18-2017, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Oh that's good..!
I always keep coughing for ages, very annoying..!
Old 10-18-2017, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Me too, it's the worst too

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-18-2017, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

It is..!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

The weather extremes have been awful. More people should be sick because of it.

I had a good time. It was too short. I was only there from Sunday and left Tuesday morning. The work vacation stinks. Instead of giving all the days owed to me. I have to work for a month and a half to get just one day. I already used up about three or four days this year for doctors appointments and sick days. So I only had two days to use.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
The weather extremes have been awful. More people should be sick because of it.

I had a good time. It was too short. I was only there from Sunday and left Tuesday morning. The work vacation stinks. Instead of giving all the days owed to me. I have to work for a month and a half to get just one day. I already used up about three or four days this year for doctors appointments and sick days. So I only had two days to use.
That's crazy! We build up PTO time every week, if I call out than I usually have the option to either use the time or go in on my day off to make up the hours. Actually when Amaya and I went to Myrtle Beach I only had 16 hours for PTO time (actually 19 but we have to use intervals of 8) so now I've got a little under 5 saved up. I would've had more but when she was sick in August I called out two or three days in a row to take care of her.

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-19-2017, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

You girls have so little vacation days!
I've had six weeks only this year, three in March when I went to Disney, and again last September..
Old 10-19-2017, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Mine builds up but then I usually call in or take a random day during the week to give myself an extra day off. I used some when i went to NYC back in February for the night and had Amayas baptism. After Nov 1st though we can't use any PTO time due to Christmas so it'll build back up

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

My old job they used to give you once you passed the 90 days. Two weeks vacation, three days sick, one personal day, a free day for your birthday, plus federal holidays, and Christmas and New Years and two days for Thanks Giving. If you make it there 5 years you get three weeks vacation plus everything else I listed. I think either 10 or 15 year mark you get 6 weeks plus what I listed. If you wanted time off you worked there. But unfortunately the company got sold and it is no more.

Here where I am working now instead of giving your days to you up front. You need to work a month in half to get just a one day off. It all goes under PTO whether you take sick, vacation or when someone dies. If you don't have any days left you don't get paid for the days you miss.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
My old job they used to give you once you passed the 90 days. Two weeks vacation, three days sick, one personal day, a free day for your birthday, plus federal holidays, and Christmas and New Years and two days for Thanks Giving. If you make it there 5 years you get three weeks vacation plus everything else I listed. I think either 10 or 15 year mark you get 6 weeks plus what I listed. If you wanted time off you worked there. But unfortunately the company got sold and it is no more.

Here where I am working now instead of giving your days to you up front. You need to work a month in half to get just a one day off. It all goes under PTO whether you take sick, vacation or when someone dies. If you don't have any days left you don't get paid for the days you miss.
Ours is the same where it all goes under as one, it's why when I really need a day off I try and use it as one of my two usual days anyways. Like I took off Halloween and said to just use it as one of my days.

When I was at Walmart, we had no sick time just like 11 hours of personal time and we received that after I think it was one year. And if we called out sick it wasn't used we actually had to go in the system to use it. After two years we would get a week of vacation time, in order to get more vacation time a year you'd have to move up to full time which the company is soooo stingy with. I think I've had more PTO time build up at my current job than I had vacation and personal time at Walmart after four years . And since I've been back from vacation and working (went back October 2nd, I went from 3 hours of PTO up to 6 ) it just stinks that we have to use it in eight hour intervals, like we can't work half a day and use the time for the rest of the day but it's better than nothing.

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-20-2017, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

^ But do you get all of your PTO at the beginning of the year or do you have to work for it like I do. It literally takes me almost a month and a half to get one day!
Old 10-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
^ But do you get all of your PTO at the beginning of the year or do you have to work for it like I do. It literally takes me almost a month and a half to get one day!
Work for it, Walmart it was given at our evals but here it goes up between one to three hours a week depending on how many hours we've worked.

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
Work for it, Walmart it was given at our evals but here it goes up between one to three hours a week depending on how many hours we've worked.
How long does it take to earn a day off?