Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't want a triangle but I do agree about believable build up, we still need it regardless of the existence of a visible triangle or not because I don't want people questioning for even one second if it's Peeta she loves. I've suffered through the media outlets' and some movie fans' confusion over her real 'boyfriend' for two whole movies now. MJ needs to be about Peeta and Katniss end of story.

I know that there's those Gale scenes where he cries and all, I still want it to be so obvious to the lay viewer that she is in love with Peeta regardless of the hijacking and them not being on friendly terms as Peeta tries to sort out his memories.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

I don't want a triangle either, but this is Hollywood. They're probably keep playing that spiel until the very end. If they have to have a triangle, I want it be well written. Which I don't think it's been done so far in the last two films. Though CF was a tiny bit better than HG, but only a bit.

I want to see a build up with Peeta and Katniss to show people who she ends up with and why. You see it a bit in CF when they're on the tour and the way she looks at him. Or when he almost dies in the arena and she goes to pieces thinking she's lost him. But I have heard people have been confused about the relationships and think the Gale relationship is bigger than it is in the books. I understand that Liam is very good looking and a strapping leading man. But there comes a point when they need to steer the story into the direction of Peeta and Katniss. So audiences who have read the books aren't feeling cheated and those who haven't aren't left scratching their heads.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i hate how media focus on the love triangle hollywood seems more interested in that then the plot

this video omg

~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 07-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Absolute Fan

That vid's in the OP…it's crazy good.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh i didn't even see it but yeah its really good i really wish there were more videos of them with the song Just A Game cause that song is everything
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
Old 07-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Well if anyone finds any great vids that they want me to add to the OP, just let me know!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair_Verona (View Post)
i really wish there were more videos of them with the song Just A Game cause that song is everything
OH.
MY.
GOD.

I SWEAR that I was Just thinking that yesterday! I LOVE that song and it fits them SO well...Gah, I love this forum.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

I love that song it would be perfect for them. Funny enough it's on the Hunger Games soundtrack.

Someone should make a video for them to that song.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

i wish i could make videos cause i would be so on it haha
Old 07-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
If they are going to continue the triangle. I want them to write it much better than they have been at least that's how I see it. Show scenes of each pairing together or all three. They need to show why she ends up with Peeta in the end in a believable build up. Not just stamp it on at the end.
Yeah, I agree w/ this plus I hope that they don't wait til the last min that she wants to be w/ Peeta, but it needs to expand more than just like that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Yeah they can't just cut and paste it on at the very end. Everyone will feel cheated, you can't just put two people together without some explanation. Plus the people who haven't read the books will be scratching their heads and wondering what the hell happen.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, exactly.. Which I kind of hope that they will show more in both movies, but like you said, they did slightly better in CF when both of them went back in the game..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Fan

I actually hope they kill the traingle bit and call it a day. It says something when most non readers think Gale is her boyfriend. At least with the CF movie you could see her falling in love with Peeta over the course of the movie but I'm still annoyed about the third and non existent Gale kiss. This movie should make it blatantly obvious that it's Peeta for Katniss, period end done! We should see how broken she is about Peeta and I want many scenes with the pearl. I want the audience to see that without Peeta she is willing to die leaving Prim behind. I think that will get the point across like nothing else could.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

The thing that worries me, is the movies will make it seem like she loves Gale and wants him. But that she's settling for Peeta because her life with him will be shown as "easier" or something. And people who haven't read the books will think that Peeta came in between Gale and Katniss. Ugh.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Extreme Fan

This triangle nonsense is enough to give me a headache. I DON'T WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!