Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
  #46
Fan Forum Hero

 
water lilies's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Hunger Games
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 62,246
I really liked the stuff at the beginning in D11 and then when they find out about the Quell. Especially the Haymitch stuff.
__________________
.:Belle:.
water lilies is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 PM
  #47
New Fan
 
PeachyKeen83's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 97
Add meeeeee!!!!

Love this trio!
__________________
"Time has changed nothing at all...
... you're still the only one that feels like home."


One Brooder. One Pretty Girl.
Epic as it should be.
PeachyKeen83 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM
  #48
Fan Forum Hero

 
water lilies's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Hunger Games
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 62,246
Sure. I'll add you.
__________________
.:Belle:.
water lilies is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
  #49
Elite Fan

 
cutie_pie04's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 28,852
Add me too

OT3 all my fav. characters of the series. I love to think of them being a family in D12 together. I love how much Haymitch loved both Katniss and Peeta even though he would never admit it.
__________________
epic ❤
bev|icon:|
cutie_pie04 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 PM
  #50
Extreme Fan
 
totally_0bsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
its odd, I think my fav. scene OT3 scene in CF won't be in the film version
What scene was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles (View Post)
I really liked the stuff at the beginning in D11 and then when they find out about the Quell. Especially the Haymitch stuff.
I liked this too! Angry!Peeta at HK lol! But he was on point thought they (Katniss in particular) should have told him everything right from the beginning.
Haymitch's back story was amazing especially on how he won THG.
__________________
“Because I don't want you forgetting how different our circumstances are. If you die, and I live, there's no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You're my whole life,” he says.“I would never be happy again.” I start to object but he puts a finger to my lips.“It's different for you. I'm not saying it wouldn't be hard. But there are other people who'd make your life worth living.” - Peeta to Katniss, Catching Fire
totally_0bsessed is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 PM
  #51
New Fan
 
PeachyKeen83's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by totally_0bsessed (View Post)
What scene was it?



I liked this too! Angry!Peeta at HK lol! But he was on point thought they (Katniss in particular) should have told him everything right from the beginning.
Haymitch's back story was amazing especially on how he won THG.
Whilst i agree that they shouldn't have kept him in the dark, Haymitch and Katniss love Peeta. no one will ever understand how much, but when Haymitch told Katniss she could live a hundred lifetimes ands till never deserve him, it made my heart swoon that someone else could see how amazing Peeta was. That even if it felt like Haymitch was always on Katniss' side, ultimately he thought Peeta was the better of the two.
__________________
"Time has changed nothing at all...
... you're still the only one that feels like home."


One Brooder. One Pretty Girl.
Epic as it should be.
PeachyKeen83 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 PM
  #52
Fan Forum Star

 
warangel88's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 138,048
the Peppermint scene
__________________
My Tumblr
Icon by poetfades2black
warangel88 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM
  #53
Extreme Fan
 
totally_0bsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyKeen83 (View Post)
Whilst i agree that they shouldn't have kept him in the dark, Haymitch and Katniss love Peeta. no one will ever understand how much, but when Haymitch told Katniss she could live a hundred lifetimes ands till never deserve him, it made my heart swoon that someone else could see how amazing Peeta was. That even if it felt like Haymitch was always on Katniss' side, ultimately he thought Peeta was the better of the two.
He liked Peeta more after all. I think in a way Peeta reminds Haymitch of his younger self where he'd use more of his brains than brawns. I mean they have some similar traits. XD
__________________
“Because I don't want you forgetting how different our circumstances are. If you die, and I live, there's no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You're my whole life,” he says.“I would never be happy again.” I start to object but he puts a finger to my lips.“It's different for you. I'm not saying it wouldn't be hard. But there are other people who'd make your life worth living.” - Peeta to Katniss, Catching Fire
totally_0bsessed is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:59 PM
  #54
Elite Fan

 
cutie_pie04's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 28,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyKeen83 (View Post)
Whilst i agree that they shouldn't have kept him in the dark, Haymitch and Katniss love Peeta. no one will ever understand how much, but when Haymitch told Katniss she could live a hundred lifetimes ands till never deserve him, it made my heart swoon that someone else could see how amazing Peeta was. That even if it felt like Haymitch was always on Katniss' side, ultimately he thought Peeta was the better of the two.
I loved when he said that. Finally someone was on his side. and in MJ too when he would tell Katniss that Peeta wouldnt give up on her if she was the one who was hijacked.
__________________
epic ❤
bev|icon:|
cutie_pie04 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 PM
  #55
Extreme Fan
 
totally_0bsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
the Peppermint scene
Oh! The one with the Peacekeepers! I loved that scene too!

Haymitch was pratically Katniss' voice of reason in MJ.
__________________
“Because I don't want you forgetting how different our circumstances are. If you die, and I live, there's no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You're my whole life,” he says.“I would never be happy again.” I start to object but he puts a finger to my lips.“It's different for you. I'm not saying it wouldn't be hard. But there are other people who'd make your life worth living.” - Peeta to Katniss, Catching Fire
totally_0bsessed is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
  #56
New Fan
 
PeachyKeen83's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by totally_0bsessed (View Post)
He liked Peeta more after all. I think in a way Peeta reminds Haymitch of his younger self where he'd use more of his brains than brawns. I mean they have some similar traits. XD
You think so?

I thought Haymitch was exactly like Katniss. Both able to shut off feelings, work like machines to get the job done. Run on adrenalin. Whereas Peeta is above them, he cares about others, the idea of killing repulses him. He runs on love, hence he is the opposite of her fire. He hates killing but he'd do it to protect Katniss because he is so desperately in love with her, but he doesn't want to. He never wanted the games to change who he was. Whereas Katniss and Haymitch accepted that it would inevitably change them.
__________________
"Time has changed nothing at all...
... you're still the only one that feels like home."


One Brooder. One Pretty Girl.
Epic as it should be.
PeachyKeen83 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
  #57
New Fan
 
PeachyKeen83's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
I loved when he said that. Finally someone was on his side. and in MJ too when he would tell Katniss that Peeta wouldnt give up on her if she was the one who was hijacked.
YES! Exactly!
__________________
"Time has changed nothing at all...
... you're still the only one that feels like home."


One Brooder. One Pretty Girl.
Epic as it should be.
PeachyKeen83 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 PM
  #58
Extreme Fan
 
totally_0bsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyKeen83 (View Post)
You think so?

I thought Haymitch was exactly like Katniss. Both able to shut off feelings, work like machines to get the job done. Run on adrenalin. Whereas Peeta is above them, he cares about others, the idea of killing repulses him. He runs on love, hence he is the opposite of her fire. He hates killing but he'd do it to protect Katniss because he is so desperately in love with her, but he doesn't want to. He never wanted the games to change who he was. Whereas Katniss and Haymitch accepted that it would inevitably change them.
Actually, Haymitch is like a mix of the two... but the way he won the games made me think it'd be something Peeta would do too if he was there with another female tribute. Like once he found out the use of the force field he'd probably do just the same. Just my 2 cents. lol!
__________________
“Because I don't want you forgetting how different our circumstances are. If you die, and I live, there's no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You're my whole life,” he says.“I would never be happy again.” I start to object but he puts a finger to my lips.“It's different for you. I'm not saying it wouldn't be hard. But there are other people who'd make your life worth living.” - Peeta to Katniss, Catching Fire
totally_0bsessed is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 PM
  #59
New Fan
 
PeachyKeen83's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by totally_0bsessed (View Post)
Actually, Haymitch is like a mix of the two... but the way he won the games made me think it'd be something Peeta would do too if he was there with another female tribute. Like once he found out the use of the force field he'd probably do just the same. Just my 2 cents. lol!
haha, to each their own. Peeta is just in a league of his own
__________________
"Time has changed nothing at all...
... you're still the only one that feels like home."


One Brooder. One Pretty Girl.
Epic as it should be.
PeachyKeen83 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 PM
  #60
Extreme Fan
 
totally_0bsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyKeen83 (View Post)
haha, to each their own. Peeta is just in a league of his own
I definitely agree with that his character is one of a kind.
__________________
“Because I don't want you forgetting how different our circumstances are. If you die, and I live, there's no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You're my whole life,” he says.“I would never be happy again.” I start to object but he puts a finger to my lips.“It's different for you. I'm not saying it wouldn't be hard. But there are other people who'd make your life worth living.” - Peeta to Katniss, Catching Fire
totally_0bsessed is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
appreciation, friendship, haymitch abernathy, hunger games, katniss everdeen, peeta mellark


Forum Affiliates
Quarter Quell.Org, Welcome to District 12, Josh Hutcherson Web, Jen Lawrence.US, Jabberjays.net
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 1998-2014, Fan Forum.