Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

Everyone was more like shocked and surprised, not laughing.

I am selfish. I am brave.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

When I saw it, there were a few people shocked by the moment. But I think most people had read the book in my showing. So there weren't as many vocal surprises to that moment.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

I went to a saturday evening and we had a lot of arrogant little boys, so everything had a vocal reaction.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

There were 2 really noisy boys at the screening I went to and everyone kept shushing them but they just wouldn't stop, it was really annoying.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 12-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
There were 2 really noisy boys at the screening I went to and everyone kept shushing them but they just wouldn't stop, it was really annoying.
Were we at the same session?

Old 12-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&Tislove (View Post)
I've heard some people heard audience members laughing during that scene? That makes no sense to me...but I've seen it 3 times and I didn't hear any of that. If anything, people were shocked into dead silence.
the first time I saw it a group of ppl behind me were laughing at that too..while I was drowning in my tears, haw-haw, just wow..
fortunately I haven't experienced anything like that since. and there's fewer people going to the screenings now so it's even less likely. reading isn't very popular here thanks to our wonderful education system so it's almost not even surprising that they have no idea what's going on..

Old 12-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
the first time I saw it a group of ppl behind me were laughing at that too..while I was drowning in my tears, haw-haw, just wow..
fortunately I haven't experienced anything like that since. and there's fewer people going to the screenings now so it's even less likely. reading isn't very popular here thanks to our wonderful education system so it's almost not even surprising that they have no idea what's going on..
Where here isn't reading popular?

Old 12-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

here in my country, Hungary. generally very few people read for fun. they make statistics and surveys and all kinds of things that show it. there are several reasons for it. many people go to school for only like 8 years because that's the minimum but there's nothing done really that would encourage students to pick up a book because the obligatory readings are the same in every school and those books are all very depressing; weren't written for kids at all and there's literally nothing a kid could take away from them. it basically plants the thought in every child that reading isn't fun

Old 12-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
here in my country, Hungary. generally very few people read for fun. they make statistics and surveys and all kinds of things that show it. there are several reasons for it. many people go to school for only like 8 years because that's the minimum but there's nothing done really that would encourage students to pick up a book because the obligatory readings are the same in every school and those books are all very depressing; weren't written for kids at all and there's literally nothing a kid could take away from them. it basically plants the thought in every child that reading isn't fun
That's sad to hear. Here in Estonia I do see young people reading. Maybe not as much as when I was younger.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like reading before high school either. those horrible novels we had to read in elementary school did influence my attitude towards reading as a kid but luckily I've had people around me who didn't let me be that way for long and showed me how great books are

Old 12-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I didn't like reading before high school either. those horrible novels we had to read in elementary school did influence my attitude towards reading as a kid but luckily I've had people around me who didn't let me be that way for long and showed me how great books are
I've loved good books ever since I was a kid. I did get discouraged for a little while, because the books were way too boring.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Didn't Judi Dench get an Oscar one year for only a few seconds of screentime? It could happen to Josh, though unlikely since it's a YA film.
Yes, but it was for supporting actress (for Shakespeare in Love). Josh is second billing for MJ1, so he wouldn't be considered supporting, I don't think.

There was some laughter in my theater, and I admit I also let loose a short laugh, but it had nothing to do with the scene being funny. All of the laughs came when Peeta was knocked out. It was a release of tension. The scene where he attacks her is so intense and shocking that it's a relief when it's finally over. Laughter can be a way of expressing relief after moments of fear or anxiety. That doesn't mean we laughed at anyone or didn't recognize the seriousness of the situation.

The strangest part of my movie-going experience was the woman next to me who stood up as soon as the credits rolled to announce that it was a terrible movie that was nothing like the book. She was mad that Katniss didn't go on the mission to save Peeta and kill Snow, as she kept insisting happened in the book.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUATKatya (View Post)
The strangest part of my movie-going experience was the woman next to me who stood up as soon as the credits rolled to announce that it was a terrible movie that was nothing like the book. She was mad that Katniss didn't go on the mission to save Peeta and kill Snow, as she kept insisting happened in the book.
What a weirdo.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&Tislove (View Post)
What a weirdo.
It was truly bizarre. Most of the people around her who had read the books kept trying to correct her. I felt bad because it kinda spoiled MJ2 for the movie viewers that were in earshot.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

wow..now that's another kind of movie-goer. I don't know what some people expect, that it's gonna be 100% like the book? sure we could all be so finicky and find every little detail that didn't make it to the film but that's so very tiring and what's the point? it's much better to just appreciate these great films Francis makes.
I wonder how she had reacted to the 1st film like, did she burn the building down?

btw those ppl I've been to the movie with were laughing at a lot of other things, like when Katniss went back to 12 and saw the destruction and she was shaking and all..so Idk, they didn't take the whole thing seriously. but maybe you're right it could've been the shock that made them laugh when Peeta got knocked out. I was thinking it also had something to do with the subtitles because those were kinda dumb at times. when Boggs explained to Katniss after she woke up that he had to get Peeta off of her, the translation was something like "I had to hit him in the head". so I get that can make some chuckle

Last edited by JoJoF92; 12-05-2014 at 08:03 AM