Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Exactly. We know for a fact that Caroline wasn't close to Elena, Matt or Tyler in the beginning. In the pilot Bonnie is the one made sure that Caroline got sober and safely home. She was the one that Caroline confided in with her Elena insecurity. I just don't get why they ignore them.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I guess it's pretty obvious that the writers seem to hate Bonnie but I don't get it either. I hate when things like these happen and the writers seem to forget about important friendships in their own show.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

The writers probably think that just establishing that certain characters are friends and having them mentioning their friendship once in a while is enough and forget that people actually enjoy watching good friendship scenes and that those are important. They choose to just focus in romance, which, lbr, isn't making the show any favors.

» Bella
Old 11-17-2014, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

I get the romance is what gets people talking but The friendship scenes can be just as amazing such as that group hug the girls had in season 2 before the sleepover or when Bonnie revealed her magic to Elena with the feathers

They've put more of an effort with Elena/Caroline so maybe there's hope.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I get the romance is what gets people talking but The friendship scenes can be just as amazing such as that group hug the girls had in season 2 before the sleepover or when Bonnie revealed her magic to Elena with the feathers

They've put more of an effort with Elena/Caroline so maybe there's hope.
Yeah but everything about Elena/Caroline's relationship rings false ever since Elena started dating Damon and sllut-shamed Caroline for sleeping with him in s4.I don't think I can ever buy them as bff's ever again.I know Caroline is an angel, but there's got to be some underlying resentment.and ever since SC came to play, she's been showing her impatience with Elena more and more.Eithey way, I wouldn't mind if they decided it was better not to be friends.

And on Bonnie/Caroline front, it's a sad thing that we don't get any more scenes with them.Because Caroline's been the only one who's been there for Bonnie and Bonnie too, for the larger part of the show, has been there for her.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

^ Sadly, I agree. I can still enjoy their friendship scenes, such as Elena telling Caroline she loves her this season etc. But it's just not the same as it was in seasons 2 and 3, not it should stay the same after everything they've been through, but it just feels fake now. I mean, Elena never even apologized for trying to kill Caroline and Liz and all that. I just wish they wouldn't have swiped their problems under the carpet.

» Bella
Old 11-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

I agree that it would probably be best for them not to be friends. However, I do think they like each other a lot more than they did in the earlier seasons where I felt Elena was putting up with Caroline mostly because of Bonnie. I mainly blame season 4 Elena on the sire bond because she lost half her common sense. And I'm hoping there were some off screen apologies for the No Humanity Elena. I do appreciate that Elena let's Caroline rant about Damon now. I mean would you let your friend celebrate and gloat about your break up with a champagne breakfast?

But I found it highly entertaining when Caroline walked away from Elena in 6x03 So if the friendship ends I won't be mourning it.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

I didn't like their friendship in season 1, but I really loved how they grew closer together in season 2 and started to genuinely like each other. It felt like a natural progression and it was very lovely. I blame season 4 and the sire bond for ruining their friendship too. I think they put the Damon thing behind them if Elena is letting Caroline say whatever she wants. She's probably used to it by now.

Bahaha go Caroline!

» Bella
Old 11-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, their progression was natural and Caroline definitely filled the void that Bonnie left in Elena's life.But I don't blame s4 for ruining their friendship.Because there is no scenario in which Elena could've dated Damon and still come out spotless.It's not just about Damon's abuse, it's the fact he thinks it's a joke(both Damon and Elena do).If he had accepted it and apologized, i bet Caroline would've forgiven him.Because she even forgave Alaric for killing her father, saying she understood.I won't go as far as saying that she would've understood Damon too.But it would've been a step in the right direction.I honestly thought they were going to do that in s2, when Liz came to know that Caroline was a vampire and Damon had that moment with her in the salvabro basement, with Caroline listening in.But that went nowhere and he remained an unrepentant ashole.

I think half of this shows problems would just go away if people just bothered to apologize.Caroline isn't the kind of person who holds grudges for too long.If Elena and Damon had just apologized at the right time, their relationships would've been a whole lot different.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

^ I have nothing to add, honestly.

» Bella
Old 11-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Master Fan

I loved their smiles

Bonnie’s alive

x
Old 11-21-2014, 12:43 AM
Addicted Fan

^How awesome was Caroline's hair though!!!Flawless hair is Flawless

Old 11-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

Right! Finally some good hair days
Old 11-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Ikr.I've been waiting for this for so long

Old 11-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Aw, those smiles!

And yes, Caroline's hair looks amazing! I love it and I hope it stays amazing for the rest of the show.

» Bella