Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2015, 12:22 AM
  #121
Addicted Fan

 
Rapunzel's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,059
Michelle is right. We need to stay on topic

Speaking of, I read the theory that Klaus would have totes supported Caroline over the no humanity thing. He would have let her be for a year instead on buggering her to turn it on. Thoughts?
__________________
You're always here to me.♥
♥ And I always listen.
And I can always see you. ♥

Rapunzel is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 04:58 AM
  #122
Master Fan

 
ElenaBelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,073
^ I read that Klaus would join her without needing to flip his humanity which would make him the self-less one. Stefan is such a jerk for needing to flip it instead of just letting Caroline be. But Caroline was just being a good friend when she was pestering Stefan in the beginning of the season I'm sorry but I don't get how two characters can do the same thing but the one is wrong and the other is right. I try to judge them equally.
__________________
icon

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-18-2015 at 05:06 AM
ElenaBelle is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 01:48 PM
  #123
Master Fan

 
Princess Serenity's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel (View Post)
Michelle is right. We need to stay on topic

Speaking of, I read the theory that Klaus would have totes supported Caroline over the no humanity thing. He would have let her be for a year instead on buggering her to turn it on. Thoughts?
Fiiiiiine.

Ugh, idk, I think I agree. She really wasn't doing anything dangerous until they pushed her and Klaus never really tried to force her to do anything she didn't want to, so I can see him respecting her wish to turn it off for a year and even believe that she needs to experience this. On the other hand, her humanity was always something he admired in her, so I could also see him trying to bring her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
^ I read that Klaus would join her without needing to flip his humanity which would make him the self-less one. Stefan is such a jerk for needing to flip it instead of just letting Caroline be. But Caroline was just being a good friend when she was pestering Stefan in the beginning of the season I'm sorry but I don't get how two characters can do the same thing but the one is wrong and the other is right. I try to judge them equally.
Um, Stefan was a jerk for telling Caroline he would look for a way to bring Damon and Bonnie back and then ditching her for months with no explanation and later dumping his newly turned vampire girlfriend on her, not for wanting to escape his grief or flipping the switch for that matter, if he didn't do that Sarah would die. I also don't think Tri ever said anything about Caroline being a good friend for pestering him. And Stefan and Elena both running from their grief was one of the things that made Caroline think "why can't I do it too?" If anything Stefan should understand what she's going through right now and let her be since she wasn't hurting anyone until he pressured her because he needed to play hero.
__________________

» Bella
Princess Serenity is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 05:29 PM
  #124
Elite Fan

 
hurricane eyes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 25,050
I think Klaus would have let her be until she became a problem. He would probably keep a close eye on her and make sure she was living up to their deal, but if she caused problems for him he would have her locked up and trying to get her to flip her switch.

I mean I know he always admired her humanity, but I think he would have respected her wishes even though he would tell her that she should feel everything and delaying the inevitable will make it that much worse. So I can see him being a reluctant support system in her turning her humanity off, but being a force to be reckoned with if he wanted her to turn it back on.
__________________
Icon | Kara
hurricane eyes is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 02:57 AM
  #125
Master Fan

 
ElenaBelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serenity (View Post)

Um, Stefan was a jerk for telling Caroline he would look for a way to bring Damon and Bonnie back and then ditching her for months with no explanation and later dumping his newly turned vampire girlfriend on her, not for wanting to escape his grief or flipping the switch for that matter, if he didn't do that Sarah would die. I also don't think Tri ever said anything about Caroline being a good friend for pestering him. And Stefan and Elena both running from their grief was one of the things that made Caroline think "why can't I do it too?" If anything Stefan should understand what she's going through right now and let her be since she wasn't hurting anyone until he pressured her because he needed to play hero.
I'm not saying he wasn't a jerk just that I find it odd when we have similar situations but they're judged completely differently. I'm just talking in general and not any specific comments made here. For instance people are judging Caroline for her Sarah plan even though her humanity is flipped but they free passed the other vamps. Fandom is just annoying me this week. Ignore me. And Stefan wasn't trying to play hero. He knows that what she is doing is unhealthy and she's delaying the inevitable grief which is why he wants her to flip it

Caroline isn't killing anyone but she was feeding from Liam and that is something that she has shown disapproval of when Tyler and Elena did it. She may have been planning to stick to bloodbags after that Liam incident but we can't say for sure.
__________________
icon

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-19-2015 at 03:09 AM
ElenaBelle is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 07:29 AM
  #126
Master Fan

 
Princess Serenity's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I'm not saying he wasn't a jerk just that I find it odd when we have similar situations but they're judged completely differently. I'm just talking in general and not any specific comments made here. For instance people are judging Caroline for her Sarah plan even though her humanity is flipped but they free passed the other vamps. Fandom is just annoying me this week. Ignore me. And Stefan wasn't trying to play hero. He knows that what she is doing is unhealthy and she's delaying the inevitable grief which is why he wants her to flip it

Caroline isn't killing anyone but she was feeding from Liam and that is something that she has shown disapproval of when Tyler and Elena did it. She may have been planning to stick to bloodbags after that Liam incident but we can't say for sure.
I see, I understand though, fandom annoys me more often than it doesn't. Meh, I understand his concern, but again if anyone should understand what it's like to want to be left alone that's him and he should know better than to mess around with a vampire with no humanity.

I really doubt she'd feel too much grief over feeding straight from the vein when she turned it on.
__________________

» Bella
Princess Serenity is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 08:10 AM
  #127
Master Fan

 
ElenaBelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serenity (View Post)
I see, I understand though, fandom annoys me more often than it doesn't. Meh, I understand his concern, but again if anyone should understand what it's like to want to be left alone that's him and he should know better than to mess around with a vampire with no humanity.

I really doubt she'd feel too much grief over feeding straight from the vein when she turned it on.
I could care less if people don't like my favorites though I always feel the urge to defend them. Even when I found Caroline annoying in the beginning of the season I still defended her It's just that hypocrisy and double standards are my biggest pet peeves so that's when I get annoyed. Even in real life situations. If I ever get a tattoo it would be 'Practice what you preach' .

They're all like that when switches get flipped. I think Caroline had a good plan but I understand why they want to help and he also knows that it was best for him to flip it back in his dark days so he actually has a better understanding.

I don't think the feeding would have bothered her too much but now she's moving onto killing it seems. It should be interesting to see if it affects her or she gets the standard freepassing.
__________________
icon
ElenaBelle is offline  
Old 03-21-2015, 01:58 AM
  #128
Addicted Fan

 
Rapunzel's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
^ I read that Klaus would join her without needing to flip his humanity which would make him the self-less one. Stefan is such a jerk for needing to flip it instead of just letting Caroline be. But Caroline was just being a good friend when she was pestering Stefan in the beginning of the season I'm sorry but I don't get how two characters can do the same thing but the one is wrong and the other is right. I try to judge them equally.
What? I didn't see that. There's legit no hate in the klaroline tag. lol. But I track the anti stefan tag and I hate him but gawd, the things some people say makes me wonder if they're even watching the same show.

Quote:
I think Klaus would have let her be until she became a problem. He would probably keep a close eye on her and make sure she was living up to their deal, but if she caused problems for him he would have her locked up and trying to get her to flip her switch.

I mean I know he always admired her humanity, but I think he would have respected her wishes even though he would tell her that she should feel everything and delaying the inevitable will make it that much worse. So I can see him being a reluctant support system in her turning her humanity off, but being a force to be reckoned with if he wanted her to turn it back on.
What she said.

Quote:
I think Caroline had a good plan but I understand why they want to help and he also knows that it was best for him to flip it back in his dark days so he actually has a better understanding.

I don't think the feeding would have bothered her too much but now she's moving onto killing it seems. It should be interesting to see if it affects her or she gets the standard freepassing.
I disagree. Stefan has blood addiction problem. It's like an alcoholic trying to persuade someone not to drink socially because they know what it's like What I'm trying to say is, Caroline isn't Stefan, she doesn't have control issues, in fact, it's the opposite. If anyone could handle flipping the switch, it'd be Caroline. I mean Damon did it and I didn't see him crying with guilt. Caroline really isn't as innocent as everyone seems to think.. She has killed before and not regretted it. What makes you think she'd regret drinking from vein? She's moved to killing bcz Stefan. If he hadn't tried to play the hero, she wouldn't have done it. She promised not to kill and Stefan's needs to be everyone's savior ruined it.
__________________
You're always here to me.♥
♥ And I always listen.
And I can always see you. ♥

Rapunzel is offline  
Old 03-21-2015, 04:46 AM
  #129
Master Fan

 
ElenaBelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel (View Post)
What? I didn't see that. There's legit no hate in the klaroline tag. lol. But I track the anti stefan tag and I hate him but gawd, the things some people say makes me wonder if they're even watching the same show.


What I'm trying to say is, Caroline isn't Stefan, she doesn't have control issues, in fact, it's the opposite. If anyone could handle flipping the switch, it'd be Caroline. I mean Damon did it and I didn't see him crying with guilt. Caroline really isn't as innocent as everyone seems to think.. She has killed before and not regretted it. What makes you think she'd regret drinking from vein? She's moved to killing bcz Stefan. If he hadn't tried to play the hero, she wouldn't have done it. She promised not to kill and Stefan's needs to be everyone's savior ruined it.
I un-tracked the KC tag last year. I got tired of the Jomo hate and overreactions. I saw it on my dash.

She's shown disapproval towards Elena feeding in 6x01. She looked pretty disgusted and Caroline sticks to the bloodbag diet as far as we know so I think it's possible she might have issues with it. I think the fact that she was a human bloodbag contributes to her control. She was abused so why would she be okay with doing that to others? She didn't want Elena being tortured to flip it because of her own torture experiences. When Damon was torturing someone in 5x21 she couldn't watch so I do think her personal experiences help keep her in control.

Caroline's attitude towards killing is inconsistent that I can't be certain of how she's going to react when she flips it. She didn't dwell on killing that carnival guy and didn't care too much for killing her mom's police officers or Luke but she was a bit broken over killing the witches. And she couldn't kill Tom Avery even though she promised she would. Plus she's shown disapproval towards Enzo and Damon because of their killing. Or at least she did in season 5. In season 6 she seemed to care less.

I guess we'll see how it goes. She'll feel guilt if they need it to push her storyline forward otherwise they'll probably forget about it.
__________________
icon
ElenaBelle is offline  
Old 03-21-2015, 05:07 PM
  #130
Master Fan

 
Princess Serenity's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I could care less if people don't like my favorites though I always feel the urge to defend them. Even when I found Caroline annoying in the beginning of the season I still defended her It's just that hypocrisy and double standards are my biggest pet peeves so that's when I get annoyed. Even in real life situations. If I ever get a tattoo it would be 'Practice what you preach' .

They're all like that when switches get flipped. I think Caroline had a good plan but I understand why they want to help and he also knows that it was best for him to flip it back in his dark days so he actually has a better understanding.

I don't think the feeding would have bothered her too much but now she's moving onto killing it seems. It should be interesting to see if it affects her or she gets the standard freepassing.
I feel ya. I can complain about my faves, but if someone else does it I feel the need to defend them. Honestly, that would be an awesome tattoo.

But Caroline isn't the others, just because Stefan and Elena were a certain way they can't expect everyone else to be that way too, if Caroline was killing and causing trouble then I would understand, but again, she wasn't doing anything. The least he could do was wait to see how she would behave.

She's only killing bc Stefan made her. Meh, she'll get a freepass like everyone else.
__________________

» Bella
Princess Serenity is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 04:24 AM
  #131
Master Fan

 
ElenaBelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serenity (View Post)

But Caroline isn't the others, just because Stefan and Elena were a certain way they can't expect everyone else to be that way too, if Caroline was killing and causing trouble then I would understand, but again, she wasn't doing anything. The least he could do was wait to see how she would behave.

She's only killing bc Stefan made her. Meh, she'll get a freepass like everyone else.
Well they couldn't guarantee that she would have been okay since she already fed from Liam which is something out of the ordinary for her. I think most people think it's better to deal with grief instead of avoiding because in the long run it won't change anything. If they let her be it may have been worse because she would have to deal with the grief plus bad things she did. They were just trying to avoid the risk of the second one.

Stefan didn't force her. She has the killer instincts and she chose to give in so I can see her feeling guilty. It will all depend on the plot in the end. Stefan's guilt for being a bad friend was prolonged because they needed it. So I can see them making her feeling guilt or shame to create issues with SC.
__________________
icon
ElenaBelle is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 03:49 PM
  #132
Addicted Fan

 
Rapunzel's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I un-tracked the KC tag last year. I got tired of the Jomo hate and overreactions. I saw it on my dash.

She's shown disapproval towards Elena feeding in 6x01. She looked pretty disgusted and Caroline sticks to the bloodbag diet as far as we know so I think it's possible she might have issues with it. I think the fact that she was a human bloodbag contributes to her control. She was abused so why would she be okay with doing that to others? She didn't want Elena being tortured to flip it because of her own torture experiences. When Damon was torturing someone in 5x21 she couldn't watch so I do think her personal experiences help keep her in control.

Caroline's attitude towards killing is inconsistent that I can't be certain of how she's going to react when she flips it. She didn't dwell on killing that carnival guy and didn't care too much for killing her mom's police officers or Luke but she was a bit broken over killing the witches. And she couldn't kill Tom Avery even though she promised she would. Plus she's shown disapproval towards Enzo and Damon because of their killing. Or at least she did in season 5. In season 6 she seemed to care less.

I guess we'll see how it goes. She'll feel guilt if they need it to push her storyline forward otherwise they'll probably forget about it.
I agree that normal Caroline wouldn't have done it. But this isn't normal Caroline. And Caroline has seen 2-3 non humanity examples right in front of her, so i don't think it's something that didn't occur to her while she was planning her to switch off her humanity. Remember unlike the others, she had actually planned it. I'm sure she'd given a thought to the feeding options too, so I'm guessing she was okay with that. I mean she knew Ezno drank straight from the vein, saw the evidence right in front of her and all she cared about was that no one else see them. Contrary to what everyone on the show seems to think, Caroline really isn't all that moral. I think she was only broken up about the witches murder bc of the number. and she couldn't kill Tom Avery bcz he looked like Stefan. I mean she agreed to serve Tyler's friend's head on a platter and didn't even blink once, I highly doubt it were her morality issues that made her not kill Tom.

I don't think Caroline's going to feel the guilt too much either way. She ain't Stefan or Elena, the guilt sls are usually reserved for them.
__________________
You're always here to me.♥
♥ And I always listen.
And I can always see you. ♥

Rapunzel is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 05:38 PM
  #133
Master Fan

 
Princess Serenity's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23,592
I'm too lazy to write a post right now, so I make Tri's words my own.
__________________

» Bella
Princess Serenity is offline  
Old 03-25-2015, 05:44 AM
  #134
Master Fan

 
ElenaBelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,073
I agree with most of it too I don't think she's a saint or moral compass exactly. She was never meant to be one. Remember way back in season 1 'Girl likes boy, boy likes girl. Sex!' She was suppose to be the more reckless one and Bonnie was suppose to be the judgy one. Even in the latest episode she didn't want to feed because she was scared of getting locked up and tortured not because she'd feel guilty about it when she flipped it. Maybe Caroline just expects better from Elena which is why she's brought up Elena's bad choices and Damon which is unfair tbh to single her out. IDK Or maybe they just like using Caroline because when Bonnie hated on Damon fans hated on Bonnie. I'm not saying Caroline doesn't have a right to hate on Damon but it's interesting that they silenced Bonnie when it came to Damon after season 2.

Caroline's morals change between episodes which is where my confusion comes in. When Tyler wanted to feed in s3 or Elena in 6x01 feeding was a problem hence Elena needing to get compelled. Enzo called her judgy in 5x17 when she brought up him and Damon killing people but in 6x03 it wasn't a problem when Enzo fed and killed. I do think her morals stopped her from killing Tom since they pretty much stated that and it's canon. She spent time with the guy and saw he was good just like she spent time with Jesse and got mad at Elena for murdering him. I think since she didn't know Tylers's friend it didn't impact her as much. I think Caroline's morals change depending on the storyline so if guilt is necessary she's gonna feel it. I wouldn't even be surprised if they she felt a lot of guilt for the humanity flip.

***************************************************************************************************





xx
__________________
icon

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-29-2015 at 07:11 AM
ElenaBelle is offline  
Old 04-03-2015, 08:58 PM
  #135
Master Fan

 
Princess Serenity's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23,592
^ Yeah, like everything on this show, Caroline's morals aren't exactly consistent. So we can't really predict 100% how she'll react once the switch is back on, because we don't know what they want to do with her next. I do think that Caroline not feeling guilty and then fading to background again is the most likely scenario here though.

loved that.
__________________

» Bella
Princess Serenity is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST