Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Even in tvd best days with KW on Elena bored me. She was too much of a Mary-Sue with everyone so in love with her. It wasn't until mid season 3 that's she missed me off. This is why I enjoy Caroline most. She is flawed and isn't viewed as completely perfect, but people love her anyway. They show how she has issues and character flaws and don't try to hide them. She's relatable.

I love flawed characters. That's why I love Klaus too. He's such a messed up dude, but it's his flaws that make me love him.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

I used to find her pretty tolerable in seasons 1 and 2, tbh. She was never my favorite, but I liked her. I do agree about the flaws though, Elena never had any, or at least relatable, flaws that were actually portrayed as flaws in the show and I think that was her character's biggest problem. Caroline is my favorite because I can/could relate and sympathize to her many times, same with Klaus, at a much lower level.

» Bella
Old 01-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Characters whose biggest fault are their compassionate heart aren't interesting enough for me. I like ones who are messed up and trying to be better or glory in how insane they are. I love problematic characters and ones who grow into better people because those are two aspects of myself that I experience. Elena was always just too perfect and never had any relatable flaws. We were supposed to feel for her cause of her tragic backstory, but I just found her annoying. Same as a certain old lady .

Caroline has grown and become the best version of herself. She still has those tendencies to be insensitive at times and has the need to control everything. Klaus revels in his evil ways and makes no apologies for it. He's slowly changing, but still maintains that insanity and fire about him that I find so intriguing.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Mary Sues or perfect characters are the worst IMO. I've noticed that I love characters who put on a hard/bitchy exterior because they're hiding or making up for their flaws/insecurities. I need somebody with some spunk or edge to root for them.

Damon and Caroline are the only two characters that I really cared for on this show. I know I care for a character when I'm willing to read fanfic about them Even though I shipped DE early on I couldn't read fanfic about them because I didn't care enough about Elena so I used to read Damon crossover fanfic.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

See I used to like Damon because he was the type of character I usually go for - a-hole with a bit of something more to him, but I honestly hate him now. It happened in S5 after he tried to kill Jeremy again because Katlena broke up with him. I was over it. He wasn't going to change and he was the d-bag that was supped to be the hero. I just couldn't get behind him. Plus there were no consequences for those actions. Ugh Damon is just trash to me now.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

After Gossip Girl and Chuck Bass's endless man pain and daddy issues which pissed me off it would have made more sense to hate Damon. When it comes to male characters I almost always root for the good guys. I blame Ian's portrayal of Damon in season 1/2 for making me like him He's the reason I didn't quit in season 1. I don't think I'll ever hate him because he was my favorite for a long time. I get really annoyed with him sometimes but I still find him entertaining. In the earlier seasons if I saw Damon hate I'd want to defend him but now I find it highly entertaining and I find Anti-Damon blogs hilarious. Where as with Caroline if I see hate I just want to defend her.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 01-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

A little late, but thanks for the new thread!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Nice vid!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:43 AM
Moderator Manager

I loved that vid... it's great seeing that vidder releasing a new KC vid, I like her editing
Old 01-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Great vid.

» Bella
Old 01-16-2015, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I loved that vid... it's great seeing that vidder releasing a new KC vid, I like her editing
I like her editing too. If I'm in the mood to watch KC vids I just rewatch her old stuff because there are a lot of vids out there but they're not all good
Old 01-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
there are a lot of vids out there but they're not all good
This is so true! And it's the same for fanfics, there are a bunch of them, but it's really difficult to find good ones.

» Bella
Old 01-17-2015, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

I'm still adverse to fanfics. I should really just sit down one night and read one, but I just get nervous about reading a whacked out one that's too OOC.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
I'm still adverse to fanfics. I should really just sit down one night and read one, but I just get nervous about reading a whacked out one that's too OOC.
Fanfics are always a hit or a miss, I always go to a bunch of bad ones until I manage to find a good one. Sometimes I don't even find a good one. There are shows that I still can't read fanfics about though. But I've told you before that if one day you ever want to try fanfics out I can recommend you some, all you have to do is ask.

» Bella