Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2015, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

I like that Caroline is an only child. But I would have liked if she and Jeremy had some sort of relationship, maybe think of her as a second sister?

» Bella
Old 02-19-2015, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

If Caroline had a sibling there'd probably be a lot of fighting going on between them Being an only child was a good thing since she got all the attention.

I would have also liked to see a 'sibling' relationship with another character like Jeremy. Though in season 1 Jeremy was one of my favorites and I even entertained the idea of romantic Jeremy/Caroline. She was just so cute and acted younger than the other girls so they could have made a cute couple And they were both so lonely.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:34 AM
Addicted Fan

LOL, Caroline wouldn't have given Jeremy time of the day. At least not in s1. To her, he was just Elena's stoner brother.

And I can't picture Caroline with a sibling. These kinds of things have a lot of effect on a person's character. Only kids, I've found tend to be bit self-centered and kind of attention seekers, just like Caroline. I think she would have been a little less insecure and lonely if she'd had a sibling.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

^ I agree, if she had a sibling she wouldn't be the Caroline we know and love, she would be a different person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Being an only child was a good thing since she got all the attention.
Or not.

» Bella
Old 02-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Addicted Fan

She didn't tho. Her dad left them and her mom was always busy. If she had a sibling, she wouldn't have felt so lonely and insecure after all.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

I think she got the attention when she was younger before her parents divorced. She was daddy's little girl and we've seen that she also got a lot of attention from her mom. But when her parents divorced she was probably angry at them, Liz started working more and that's when the issues started.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Their parents divorcing when she was already a teenager was such a retcon tho. At no point were we led to believe that in the previous seasons. I had always assumed that Bill had left them when she was a kid. I still think Caroline would have been a lot less insecure if she had a sibling.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

I agree that a sibling would have probably led to her being different But I always got the vibe she was daddy's little girl especially in season 3 when she was so upset that Bill rejected her. I felt like she was mad at him for leaving her. The Liz/Caroline flashbacks felt like a retcon though and I always felt that Liz was more neglectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel (View Post)
LOL, Caroline wouldn't have given Jeremy time of the day. At least not in s1. To her, he was just Elena's stoner brother.
I know that now I was re-watching her scenes the other day and her 'Vicki Donovan slept with you?' comment cracked me up. I watched season 1 in like four days during my vacation because my brothers insisted I check the show out. I missed half of what was going on because we were watching really late at night so I didn't pay attention to everything and falling asleep through parts of it. The show wasn't that great to me anyway so I wasn't super invested or anything. I remember after the pilot wondering what all the fuss was about
Old 02-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

^ I agree about Bill, in season 1 she seemed a lot closer to him than Liz. I kinda disagree about Liz though, even if she was a little neglectful I don't find hard to believe she managed to find some spare time to create good memories with her daughter.

I wasn't that big on TVD after watching the pilot either, I only picked up the show again after episode 5 when the critics started praising it. I didn't get super into it until the Delena road trip though.

» Bella
Old 02-26-2015, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

^I don't mean she was completely neglectful. Not like Matt and Vicki's mother because that woman just left her kids to fend for themselves The flashbacks felt like a retcon because they happened a year prior to season 1 and Caroliz were on such good terms it was a very different dynamic to season 1. The season 1 dynamic felt like it had a couple more years of bitterness to build up to it. Like I said a few posts back, I think it was the divorce. When Caroline became a teenager and the divorce happened Liz started working more. Must suck when your husband leaves you and for a man no less. She tried to get through to Caroline a few times but she wasn't trying hard enough. You know how parents just think teens are going through a phase and let them be? It made Caroline feel worse though.

The DE roadtrip was nice SE bored me so much and it was a shock to find Elena could actually be interesting But it was really the mystery of Katherine and then the introduction of the tomb vamps that got me interested. Then they brought in Uncle John and Katherine and I was sold. Waiting for season 2 was torture

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 02-26-2015 at 12:50 AM
Old 02-26-2015, 06:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I agree that a sibling would have probably led to her being different But I always got the vibe she was daddy's little girl especially in season 3 when she was so upset that Bill rejected her. I felt like she was mad at him for leaving her. The Liz/Caroline flashbacks felt like a retcon though and I always felt that Liz was more neglectful.

I know that now I was re-watching her scenes the other day and her 'Vicki Donovan slept with you?' comment cracked me up. I watched season 1 in like four days during my vacation because my brothers insisted I check the show out. I missed half of what was going on because we were watching really late at night so I didn't pay attention to everything and falling asleep through parts of it. The show wasn't that great to me anyway so I wasn't super invested or anything. I remember after the pilot wondering what all the fuss was about
LOL, Caroline had like two scenes with Jeremy back then. and even after that, I think all their scenes together can be counted on one hand lol. I binge watched tvd after my friend forced me to watch it. I didn't care for either Elena or Stefan when I started watching, but I'd already downloaded the thing so I thought what the heck. Damon, Caroline and Katherine were the only characters that kept me watching the show. But I warmed up to SE as a couple later. Partly because I didn't get DE and any sexy vibes and partly because SE were kinda cute in a cheesy way. I might probably be the only person who wanted Elena to kill Damon at the end of that road trip though. lol.

All those flashbacks were a total retcon. Because in s1, it was implied that Bill had left them a lot longer than a year ago. and secondly, there was a LOT of animosity between Liz and Caroline. I even got the feeling that Caroline blamed Liz for the divorce, which is kind of LOL in itself

Old 02-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^I don't mean she was completely neglectful. Not like Matt and Vicki's mother because that woman just left her kids to fend for themselves The flashbacks felt like a retcon because they happened a year prior to season 1 and Caroliz were on such good terms it was a very different dynamic to season 1. The season 1 dynamic felt like it had a couple more years of bitterness to build up to it. Like I said a few posts back, I think it was the divorce. When Caroline became a teenager and the divorce happened Liz started working more. Must suck when your husband leaves you and for a man no less. She tried to get through to Caroline a few times but she wasn't trying hard enough. You know how parents just think teens are going through a phase and let them be? It made Caroline feel worse though.

The DE roadtrip was nice SE bored me so much and it was a shock to find Elena could actually be interesting But it was really the mystery of Katherine and then the introduction of the tomb vamps that got me interested. Then they brought in Uncle John and Katherine and I was sold. Waiting for season 2 was torture
I actually thought you were talking about the childhood flashbacks. The other one completely slipped my mind.

I never got into SE either. OMG waiting for season 2 was the worst, I was soooo curious, I needed to see what would happen ASAP. Good old times.

» Bella
Old 02-26-2015, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

^The good old days when hiatus was torture Now the hiatus is a welcome break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel (View Post)
LOL, Caroline had like two scenes with Jeremy back then. and even after that, I think all their scenes together can be counted on one hand lol. I binge watched tvd after my friend forced me to watch it. I didn't care for either Elena or Stefan when I started watching, but I'd already downloaded the thing so I thought what the heck. Damon, Caroline and Katherine were the only characters that kept me watching the show.

All those flashbacks were a total retcon. Because in s1, it was implied that Bill had left them a lot longer than a year ago. and secondly, there was a LOT of animosity between Liz and Caroline. I even got the feeling that Caroline blamed Liz for the divorce, which is kind of LOL in itself
I don't need screentime to ship a couple. I'm more of a crackshipper. For me it's 'This is my favorite female' + 'This is my favorite male' + 'They seem compatible' = 'They should date' For instance the first TVD fanfic I read was a Damon/Blair Waldorf crossover because I didn't care much for Elena. That author actually wrote Klaroline fanfic before 3x11 aired and I was going to read it but I never did because I hadn't warmed up to Klaus. I only got into KC fanfic after 4x23.

I agree about Damon, Katherine, Caroline but I also liked Jeremy and Jenna/Alaric.

I agree about the retcon. I also thought they'd divorced much earlier.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

^ I miss those days. TVD was one of my first shows, so it's extra sad to see how much I freaking hate it now.

» Bella