Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

I agree that Elena's relationship with Damon isn't good for the people around her, she pretty much forces him on them even after everything he's put them through. She thinks that just because she forgot and accepted him everyone has too.

^ She does seems happier sometimes and I wish we'd know how that came through, because she was miserable as a vampire last year.

I enjoy their scenes too, but they don't come across as genuine to me anymore, the writers neglected their relationship too much these past two season for that.

» Bella
Old 08-16-2014, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

I still miss their friendship in first 3 seasons. She is not that good friend anymore.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Me too, Ezgi. I think she was never an amazing friend, but she used to be good at least.

» Bella
Old 08-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serenity (View Post)
I think she was never an amazing friend, but she used to be good at least.
I wonder whether there is a part of Elena that we like.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

I must be the only one who actually prefers the friendship now I think they've come a long way since season 1 where I considered them more frenemies. I didn't think that Elena genuinely liked Caroline back then and only put up with her because of Bonnie.

Now I feel that they really love each other. They may fight a lot but I don't think Elena is 100% at fault. I think in order to give Stelena hope in season 4 they used Caroline to prop them with the 'epic' and 'soulmate' talk. Caroline has always despised Damon but she was more neutral towards to the triangle in season 3. Since Elena was sired I understand Caroline being more concerned but I think her propping Stelena has had a negative effect on the way they write their fights. For example I thought Caroline's break up breakfast for Elena was immature. I would have preferred if they sat down and actually discussed why Damon is bad and how it's affecting Elena. Instead of addressing the right vs wrong they're turning it into a Delena vs Stelena thing. And now that KC have slept together the writers are conveniently using Caroline to prop Delena. She was basically giving Damon relationship advice I don't think it's fair to use Caroline as a triangle prop because it will lead to inconsistencies in her characterization. They should have always made it clear why Caroline has issues with Damon the biggest priority and how he affects Elena as a person. Screw the stupid triangle

Quote:
I agree that Elena's relationship with Damon isn't good for the people around her, she pretty much forces him on them even after everything he's put them through. She thinks that just because she forgot and accepted him everyone has too.

She does seems happier sometimes and I wish we'd know how that came through, because she was miserable as a vampire last year.

I enjoy their scenes too, but they don't come across as genuine to me anymore, the writers neglected their relationship too much these past two season for that.

Yeah. The fact that she still wanted Jeremy to stay in the same house after what he and Enzo did to him I was proud of Jeremy for standing up to her.

I also wish we knew how she got to that place of accepting vampirism. She was acting slightly crazy during the sire bond then when she got her humanity back she barely had time to adjust properly and then declared she was happy with who she was

Pretty much all the relationships suck on the show and these people shouldn't even be talking to each other So I just try to enjoy the scenes in isolation and I think Nina and Candice have great chemistry.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 08-18-2014 at 03:22 AM
Old 08-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

I liked Elena much better when she was not that selfish. When she turned, her selfless side died, and she became selfish, thoughtless and unstable person. Her new personality has affected her friendship with Caroline and I think she didn't prize Caroline as much as she deserved. Their friendship in season 5 was not that bad but in season 4, she was the worst friend ever.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Season 4 was the worst. I wanted Caroline to bitch slap Elena after she made that comment about Caroline going after Damon the second she saw him in 4x08. After Elena saw what Damon did to Caroline in season 1 However I'm going to blame the sire bond partially for Elena's behavior because it was clear she wasn't thinking straight.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Moderator Manager

I hated that Elena got turned After that I really stopped liking her.
And that comment about Caroline going after Damon still pisses me off... I mean, as if it wasn't enough that Damon was horrible to her and nobody actually did anything, they moved pass it, and then Elena rubs that in her face as if she was the one to blame?!?!! HATED IT!!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I must be the only one who actually prefers the friendship now I think they've come a long way since season 1 where I considered them more frenemies. I didn't think that Elena genuinely liked Caroline back then and only put up with her because of Bonnie.

Now I feel that they really love each other. They may fight a lot but I don't think Elena is 100% at fault. I think in order to give Stelena hope in season 4 they used Caroline to prop them with the 'epic' and 'soulmate' talk. Caroline has always despised Damon but she was more neutral towards to the triangle in season 3. Since Elena was sired I understand Caroline being more concerned but I think her propping Stelena has had a negative effect on the way they write their fights. For example I thought Caroline's break up breakfast for Elena was immature. I would have preferred if they sat down and actually discussed why Damon is bad and how it's affecting Elena. Instead of addressing the right vs wrong they're turning it into a Delena vs Stelena thing. And now that KC have slept together the writers are conveniently using Caroline to prop Delena. She was basically giving Damon relationship advice I don't think it's fair to use Caroline as a triangle prop because it will lead to inconsistencies in her characterization. They should have always made it clear why Caroline has issues with Damon the biggest priority and how he affects Elena as a person. Screw the stupid triangle

Yeah. The fact that she still wanted Jeremy to stay in the same house after what he and Enzo did to him I was proud of Jeremy for standing up to her.

I also wish we knew how she got to that place of accepting vampirism. She was acting slightly crazy during the sire bond then when she got her humanity back she barely had time to adjust properly and then declared she was happy with who she was

Pretty much all the relationships suck on the show and these people shouldn't even be talking to each other So I just try to enjoy the scenes in isolation and I think Nina and Candice have great chemistry.
Oh, I didn't like their relationship in season 1. I started liking it in seasons 2-3. Because of the reasons you listed.

The Caroline giving relationship advice to Damon was stupid, but I don't think she'd have done it if Stefan hadn't asked her to, she'd probably just leave it at that. And I think they kind of made Caroline's problem with Delena a bit more clear in 5x08, during their talk after Jesse's death, but still not enough. I agree about pretty much everything else you said.

It was ridiculous! The fact that they didn't even brought it up was even worst.

Exactly! These writers think that they can just throw things at the audience without development and we'll easily accept without questioning.

Agreed! No one in MF is good to each other, so I do try to enjoy the scenes we get, but sometimes they just feel too fake.

» Bella
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Caroline giving relationship advice to Damon was stupid, but I don't think she'd have done it if Stefan hadn't asked her to, she'd probably just leave it at that. And I think they kind of made Caroline's problem with Delena a bit more clear in 5x08, during their talk after Jesse's death, but still not enough. I agree about pretty much everything else you said.

Agreed! No one in MF is good to each other, so I do try to enjoy the scenes we get, but sometimes they just feel too fake.

I agree in 5x08 it more clear but then it looked like Elena would be the one eventually doing the dumping. I don't think her advising Damon has to do with Stefan. When Stefan asked for her help in the middle of the season she did it reluctantly. But at the end of the season after DE broke up and admitted they were toxic she still offered advice. That's what annoys me about how they use Caroline to prop the triangle. Now that they want SE to be dead they don't need her to voice her Damon issues.

Yeah sometimes it really feels fake. It doesn't look like these people care much for Bonnie. Caroline/Elena still seems like the most genuine to me. Take away the supernatural element and Elena's just a girl who refuses to break out of a relationship that is bad for her despite her friend's objection. It's a realistic situation that happens in real life.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:44 AM
Elite Fan

I still remember that Elena was about to kill Caroline in 4x16. They were best friends but it didn't stop Elena. And I didn't buy the 'Elena's humanity was gone' thing. That was no excuse. If Stefan hadn't been there at that moment, Caroline would have died.

Caroline has been such a great friend to Elena so far. She was always there for her, she always wanted to help her, and cared about her. But when it comes to Elena, she was far from being a good friend. Elena killed Jesse even though she knew there was something between Caroline and him, but her excuse was for saving Damon as always. She didn't care about Caroline's thoughts or feelings, and what kind of friend does something like that?

I hope the writers will stop ruining their friendship. I'd like to see their friendship changing back into first three seasons. Cause after what all those things happened, we need some good friendship moments.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

It's true that Elena would have killed Caroline but I don't believe she really wanted to murder Caroline subconsciously. When her humanity first came back she felt guilty. However, when Elena's humanity was off she said some nasty things to Caroline about her personality or flaws which Elena even with humanity has mentioned, so those things I believe she meant. Her humanity off made her more honest.

I'm not mad at Elena for killing Jesse because I believe that she thought Damon would have died.

I also hope to see more friendship moments.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

When her humanity on again, she apologized to everybody but Caroline even though Caroline was the one who deserved an apology most.

I still have a hope for their friendship and i don't want it to be ruined much more.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

^ Ugh, I was so pissed when she told Caroline she wasn't going to apologize. And I bet she even forgot she said those things to her, because you know how Elena is. She said and did some really horrible things to Caroline and it hurt her, so the least she could do was offer an apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I'm not mad at Elena for killing Jesse because I believe that she thought Damon would have died.
I agree. I think Elena could have dealt with in a different way, but it was in the heat of the moment. I can't blame Caroline for being upset and lashing out too though.

» Bella
Old 08-24-2014, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

^ I agree that they both had some good points regarding the Jesse thing.