Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Caroline Forbes in The Vampire Diaries [Season 5 Episode Discussion] NEXT: 5x13 "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

The Vampire Diaries
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Episode 5x13

Quote:
WELCOME TO THE BITTER BALL — Hoping to help everyone move past recent traumatic events, Caroline (Candice Accola) convinces Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) to attend Whitmore College’s “Bitter Ball” for broken-hearted students. Bonnie is intrigued with a fellow student named Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell), who appears to be dabbling in witchcraft. Tyler (Michael Trevino) starts to worry about Matt’s (Zach Roerig) relationship with Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda). After making a disturbing discovery, Stefan (Paul Wesley) has a frustrating conversation with Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Enzo (guest star Michael Malarkey). Dr. Wes (guest star Rick Cosnett) struggles to continue his research project with help from a new benefactor named Sloan (guest star Caitlin McHugh). Still bent on revenge, Damon and Enzo resort to violence to convince Bonnie and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) to help them, but their plan takes an unexpected and horrifying turn. The episode was directed by Darren Genet.

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan

Last edited by tsforever; 02-05-2014 at 02:48 PM
Old 10-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to watch it later!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT, Lizy.

The promo made me excited too much.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Has anyone watched the episode?

I still haven't seen it.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

I downloaded it, but I haven't found enough time to watch yet.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm actually watching right now! I'm about halfway through. 5x01 has made me ship Mabekah. Such crap timing.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed it. I liked seeing Elena and Caroline at college. That had a different feel to it.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

It was a good episode. I'm glad Caroline and Elena attended the same college. It was so nice to see them as roomies.

Caroline and Elena both wanted to start a fresh life but it didn't happen again. The vampire issues followed them again. I wonder how these two girls will protect themselves.

Silas was such a badass. I want to know why he wanted Katherine so much. What is his evil plan? and Stefan. Poor baby. He was suffering as always.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually really liked Caroline and Elena. Silas is freaking awesome, Paul Wesley is kicking ass! So glad Liz is here. I definitely want to know what Silas wants with Katherine. I guess we'll see where the season goes...

OMG, also, this episode made me ship Mabekah so hard, which is just so not optimal right now.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforever (View Post)
Actually really liked Caroline and Elena. Silas is freaking awesome, Paul Wesley is kicking ass! So glad Liz is here. I definitely want to know what Silas wants with Katherine. I guess we'll see where the season goes...

OMG, also, this episode made me ship Mabekah so hard, which is just so not optimal right now.
Lizy, you are a shipping victim!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

Lizy used to really not like Klaroline and now she loves them.

I loved Caroline and Elena. I really hope Caroline is heavily involved in the roommate problem. How did they not think the extra bed was going to be used in their dorm?

Paul Wesley is awesome. You can tell that Paul loves playing evil characters.

Katherine as a human is a hot mess. So good! Matt is not the only human now who is one lucky guy.

Not really interested in Bonnie hiding the fact that she's dead. It's boring already.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am, Imane, I really am!

Haha, Lise, you're absolutely right! Very true. And I also completely agree with you on everything you said!

I'm seriously loving Silas - Paul is kicking ass!

I'll probably watch the new episode tomorrow.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Banned

I watched the new episode 5x02 and it seriously kicked ass!

Caroline had all her scenes with Elena and few ones with Damon and Jesse, so nothing major happened to her.

Paul killed it at Silas! But i wish he had a better fight scene with Jeremy....

But the plot around finding Stefan was good, even D/E minus the kisses parts was tolerable.
I'm surprised that the writers are already bringing the issues betwen them: her feelings for Stefan, the dreams that she didn't mention, his lies about Jeremy and Stefan...

Their lack of trust put them both in serious danger since Elena didn't recognize Silas and he took advange of her ignorance to "compel" her to kill Damon and she almost succeeded. She had to remember Stefan to stop herself to be angry at Damon and to try to kill him!
What a direct to rebirth the triangle....

The new girl Nadia is a baddie who killed the witch she associated with and shared with Silas her real plan. No surprise here.

Loved all the Bonnie's scenes, they were very emotional!

I'm alone to not be intrigued by Papa Gilbert secret?

And yeah for the promo for the next week!

Credit
Old 10-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched 5x02 today as well. I thought it was fine.

I really liked the Caroline scenes; I'm actually quite happy that we got some Damon/Caro scenes - we don't get those often, but I do usually like them. I saw someone on tumblr say 'Looks like season 1 Caroline is back', but I didn't get that from the episode at all? Also kinda liking Caroline/Jesse. I don't think I'll ever ship anything like I ship Klaroline, but I like them as friends.

I honestly don't care much for the DE stuff. Same with Imane, I'm not entirely too interested in what Elena's dad has to do with anything. And looks like the season will center around her dad, which actually just makes me miss John.

BONNIE FINALLY GOT A HUG! I honestly don't even really like Bonnie much, but I was so happy when Matt gave her a hug; she definitely deserved a hug.

Matt/Katherine/Jeremy scenes were awesome. I loved them! Loving how badass Jeremy and Matt are this season. Also kinda shipping Matt/Katherine right now...anyone else?...No? Just me? Ok then...

Yay for Liz/Damon friendship! Always love scenes with those two together.

Lastly, will be interesting to see what Stefan will do now that he's in ripper mode again.

I have to say, I was slightly annoyed that Caroline didn't say anything about finding Stefan, etc. She is his best friend, so I don't know why the writers have to fixate on Elena finding him. And it's also sad that Caro will now be left alone at college.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
I really liked the Caroline scenes; I'm actually quite happy that we got some Damon/Caro scenes - we don't get those often, but I do usually like them. I saw someone on tumblr say 'Looks like season 1 Caroline is back', but I didn't get that from the episode at all?
I don't get people who say that at all

I think they are shippers who don't like that she doesn't support their ship....

Quote:
I honestly don't care much for the DE stuff. Same with Imane, I'm not entirely too interested in what Elena's dad has to do with anything. And looks like the season will center around her dad, which actually just makes me miss John.
Seems like a poor attempt to give Elena a storyline outside the brothers, but i'm not sure it will lead somewhere, unless it's related to Silas manipulation...

Quote:
BONNIE FINALLY GOT A HUG! I honestly don't even really like Bonnie much, but I was so happy when Matt gave her a hug; she definitely deserved a hug.
That was a great scene and for once she was allowed to deal with her feelings on screen...

Quote:
Matt/Katherine/Jeremy scenes were awesome. I loved them! Loving how badass Jeremy and Matt are this season. Also kinda shipping Matt/Katherine right now...anyone else?...No? Just me? Ok then...
I didn't ship them but liked the tension between these 3 too

Quote:
Lastly, will be interesting to see what Stefan will do now that he's in ripper mode again.
I can't wait to watch it too!

Quote:
I have to say, I was slightly annoyed that Caroline didn't say anything about finding Stefan, etc. She is his best friend, so I don't know why the writers have to fixate on Elena finding him. And it's also sad that Caro will now be left alone at college.
It's always possible that the writers are just trying to make S/E shine to prove how deep is their connection beyond the love they shared, and consequently are trying to tone down steroline as friendship and potential romance because Elena wouldn't be able to sustain the comparison on a real ground.

But i also think that it made sense that Caroline didn't lead the rescue team: she said clearly in episode 1 that she thinks that S/E relationship can be repaired and thought that Elena felt guilty over quiting Stefan. To let Elena go after him first is a way for Caroline to show her support for a possible reconciliation by letting them having a real discussion about Damon and why she chose him. Caroline might also thinks that despite all that happened, Elena is still the 1st person Stefan would like to see her rescuing him and she was right judging by his hallucinations.

Also, she realized that Elena's dreams were indeed true and that Elena thanks to this magical connection might be the best person to find him, since Bonnie can't help with her magic.
Finally, they can't both leave the campus at the same time, one had to stay to follow classes and help the other to catch up (and it would be suspicious too).

So, i don't think that she was necessarily indifferent or that the writers necessarily screwed it: Caroline was very fierce in her defense of Stefan in episode 1, so she might just step down thinking it was the best for him.