Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

If Nina leaves they will just re-vamp (pun not intended) the show to either be about the brothers or focus more on Caroline as the main leading lady. Plus they can finally give Bamon a shot if Kat is sticking around, but I thought she wanted out to focus on her music....

I think that Caroline's feelings didn't just come out of nowhere. I think that not being in a romantic relationship for most of S5 and spending time with Stefan more and more - being his ONLY (no one can convince me he cares about Matt/Tyler/Alaric) living friend he confided and trusted her more than anyone and vice versa. I think that her slowly developing feelings for Stefan is believable and fine. I also think that her not wanting to be around him now because she's trying to rid herself of those feelings is fine. He broke her trust and she doesn't want to feel these things.

I don't like that they have fcked up their friendship in order to pursue a romantic relationship for them, but at this point I would rather watch it than Elena trying to remember why she loved Damon . I don't think that Stefan will return her feelings out of pity. I think that he's had his head so far up his ass that even his ghost bff pointing out how much Caroline likes him wasn't enough for him to believe it. Stefan asking her why she liked him was heartbreaking. I think because after Elena dumped him for Damon he doesn't see what's so special about himself so it was rather shocking to know that Caroline, who he said was basically perfect, started to feel things for him.

Stefan is going to realize he had these feelings too. I don't see him developing them because he pities her or because he just misses his friendship. I think Stefan has had these feelings for Caroline, but because he didn't want to ruin their friendship (while still in MF) he kept his mouth shut. I mean he never denied returning her feelings when she confronted him so who knows. I don't have faith in these writers, but I have faith that they know SC being good is what people want to see - whether that's them getting back to their friendship or declaring their feelings and dating. Either way, no one wants to see SC on the outs.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

^ I also don't think it will be pity feelings from Stefan's end. I haven't seen blatant romantic feelings from Stefan but there've been these looks especially the later half of season 5 where he looked at her so adoringly. Plus him immediately jumping in that he didn't know what he felt was a good sign

Stefan not knowing she liked him was sad and cute at the same time. Somebody please love this guy without wanting his brother at the same time That's why I never want to see SE ever again. I'd rather he end up with a random character or even die tbh.

I agree that these writers know the importance of SC. You don't go around declaring Caroline is the future Lexi which is a huge position to fill and then ruin it with a pointless romance. Everything is in place for it to be meaningful.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Caroline's reasons were unrealistic. He's her best friend and she relied on him. That's powerful. It doesn't always lead to romance. I have a great guy friend who I perceive to be a brother and this will never change.

On the other hand, I have another guy friend who I feel compelled to tell everything to and over the summer those feelings started to shift to something more romantic. It's possible that when you wake up one day, someone who was a constant in your life for so long suddenly makes sense in your life in a different role.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Obviously I've never had any romantic feelings for any of my guy friends, maybe that's why I found the reasoning silly? Idk It's just if that was all, why wasn't she just content being friends.sigh, idgi.

Honestly, I think I can watch this show without Elena.loljk.I hate everyone except Caroline.This show needs to get cancelled asap.

Ugh, I'm still not 100% on board the SC romantic train.I'm willing to give it a chance but I just know it's going to end up in heartbreak for Caroline.I still think they're gonna give SE one more chance, and if Ian leaves and the show somehow manages to not get cancelled, they'll be endgame and once again, Caroline will be all sad and alone.Me no likey.This is why I can't picture a happy ending for SC, and this is why I think they'll give it a half-hearted chance to this relationship and his feelings will be borne out of pity.Because if it's anything else, that means the writers actually trying and that hasn't happened since the last 3 and a half seasons.I guess I'm just more cynical about this than the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
While I think his guilt increased because of her feelings I didn't think his apology was pity. I think he thought they were bros so it would be easier to forgive and forget. They've experienced enough drama in MF for his behavior to not seem that big of a deal.

After Enzo outed Caroline which had me feeling embarrassed for her I could barely watch, I was dreading another needy and teary scene so I was pleasantly surprised. I liked her reasons because of the simplicity. I've had enough of the contrived consuming and 'epic' confessions on this show. If SC ever got together I picture them living normal boring human lives which I find adorable Her reasons were realistic and made sense to me given the nature of their relationship. Nothing has really changed. She basically wants to continue their relationship with some added benefits Why wouldn't she want to be with someone who grounds her, who she trusts and adores?

I found Stefan's bafflement really cute especially with all the hints Lexi threw at him I've read opinions that Stefan is insecure which makes sense. Elena was his first shot at a proper relationship in over a century and she left him for his brother I wish Stefan would be free of the Elena is a perfect angel and only she could love me and the soulmate stuff because he deserves another shot at happiness.

I want Nina to leave so the triangle can be dead. If Nina leaves this show will still continue though. I don't see them cancelling it sadly.
Despite her repeatedly asking for apologies?Come on, it was starting to look pitiful.

Lol, that scene was embarrassing for poor Caroline, but looking from the expression on her face and "we're not going to talk about this" thing, i didn't think it was going to end up in tears.I didn't want any crying confession or whatever, idk, that scene just didn't do anything for me

I found it kind of sad that the poor guy had to ask her why she liked him.Elena really did a number on him.Poor Stefan.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

I think asking for an apology over and over was starting to get embarrassing for me to watch. I genuinely need them to slow down on Caroline's obvious feelings for Stefan because he is clearly not there and nothing can convince me otherwise. Him stating "I don't know what I felt," came off as pity to me. I am glad Caroline was having none of that and called him out for having no romantic feelings for her as of yet. While her feelings are realistic to me, the idea that he might like her in a few episodes is contrived.

What I am hoping for is that they hit the reset button after Caroline has some time to herself to attempt to put her feelings behind her. Then they slowly rebuild as friends and when they figure out what is going on with the show, if Ian is staying, they might down the road with SC in a proper way.

Though I am not sure why we assume Ian would be the only one leaving. I think Nina wants off the show too. I even think Paul would want the show to end. Honestly, I am not sure if I see any of the leads pushing through with TVD for more than one season.

ETA- It's clear Stefan has lost all his confidence after Damon stole his girlfriend. He cannot even comprehend anyone liking him. He genuinely was baffled at the idea that Caroline had feelings for him, and it might factor into why he missed it. Or why he never saw it.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Most people assume it's Ian because Paul has said he thinks the show will go for 7 seasons and he would be there for it (at some convention) and Nina hasn't commented on it either way. Meanwhile you have Ian saying at a ton of conventions that season 6 is the last season so it's really confusing. Most say Ian and some say Nina, but no one has been thinking Paul at all.

I don't remember Caroline asking/begging for an apology at all. She said once "so am I your last stop on the Stefan Salvatore apology tour" and he just said "can't we get past this and go back to being friends?" So she hasn't been asking for anything from him, but clearly expected one. And deserved one.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

May I please be added? I find her thing for him cute
Old 11-16-2014, 01:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
Most people assume it's Ian because Paul has said he thinks the show will go for 7 seasons and he would be there for it (at some convention) and Nina hasn't commented on it either way. Meanwhile you have Ian saying at a ton of conventions that season 6 is the last season so it's really confusing. Most say Ian and some say Nina, but no one has been thinking Paul at all.

I don't remember Caroline asking/begging for an apology at all. She said once "so am I your last stop on the Stefan Salvatore apology tour" and he just said "can't we get past this and go back to being friends?" So she hasn't been asking for anything from him, but clearly expected one. And deserved one.
Is Paul really that hard up for work, that he wants to work another season? Gosh!One would think all of them would be sick of tvd by now.But apparently not.Then again burning bridges with your shows producer isn't the way to go either.Maybe they all do want to quit but aren't saying anything yet not to hurt pleccy's feelings?

I think she asked for it twice, once in 6.03 and again in 6.07.And she really hinted it many times that if he just apologised, she'd take him back.He just didn't bother.I agree about deserving the apology though.It's just, asking for it is kind of tacky.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Paul was doing a lot of traveling after they started filming season 6 which I found surprising but now with his lack of screen time it makes sense. He has done a few movie roles recently. Maybe he worked out a deal with the producers allowing him more time off so he can work on other projects if he sticks around for season 7. That way he has more financial stability. He's been an actor for a while and talked about failed auditions so he knows there's no guarantee he'll score jobs after the show.

Nina said in an interview earlier in the year that TVD should continue as long as the quality remains. She's too polite to insult the show but she made a comment about how sad it was to see Katherine going crazy at the end and that hinted to her being displeased with the storyline. Since she's younger I can see her being more willing to leave and try out other roles.

The delay in Stefan apologizing was stupid. I think it would have been better for them not to interact after he dumped Ivy on Caroline and jump straight to this week's episode because it makes no sense for him to be told he has to apologize. He should know! That's why I think he didn't realizing how badly he'd screwed up until Caroline ended the friendship.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Tri Paul has done some movies recently. Nothing like a blockbuster Hollywood type, but some indie movies that are very far away from the Stefan character. He is most worried about being type-cast after he leaves the show, but he's been in the business for a long time and knows how hard it is to get a steady job. I don't see him leaving the show until he's completely certain about other projects. Plus if they keep letting him direct I don't see him complaining much. I guess he's doing an episode this season after Plec's directorial debut .
Old 11-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I guess you guys are right. Hollywood is a cutthroat business after all and Paul wasn't born yesterday.Besides, the damage to his reputation by being associated with this kind of show is already done.What's one more season?At least he won't have to worry about a steady paycheck for a while.Besides the actors from shows like tvd tend to vanish after it gets cancelled.I can only see the leads maybe getting some show far off in the future.Nina is still young, so she might score an indie movie or two.But I don't have any hopes for anyone else.I'd love to see Candice get some work, but something tells me she's really not that interested anyway.

Quote:
The delay in Stefan apologizing was stupid. I think it would have been better for them not to interact after he dumped Ivy on Caroline and jump straight to this week's episode because it makes no sense for him to be told he has to apologize. He should know! That's why I think he didn't realizing how badly he'd screwed up until Caroline ended the friendship.
It's the Elena Gilbert effect.Hanging out with her for so many years probably erased the word sorry from his dictionary.

Last edited by Rapunzel; 11-17-2014 at 12:54 AM
Old 11-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Well Nina was in Let's Be Cops (a small role) and she's going to be in a horror movie coming out soon so I think she's going to have some steady work.

Kat is more into her music I think, but she did land a role in a movie this year called Addicted. Not sure how big her role is though.

I haven't seen or heard anything about Candice outside of TVD so I have no clue if she's going to continue trying to act or maybe focus on music. She would be awesome in a sitcom or romantic comedy.

I think the only one I could guarantee having a steady career would be Ian since he's been in the business longer and has a bigger resume. Will note that if he doesn't stop the horrid eye thing his career won't last much longer outside TVD .

I don't even care if SC become romantic at this point. I just want them to be friends again. Their relationship is important and the only one I care about at this point. They need each other so they best get their shiit together.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
Well Nina was in Let's Be Cops (a small role) and she's going to be in a horror movie coming out soon so I think she's going to have some steady work.

Kat is more into her music I think, but she did land a role in a movie this year called Addicted. Not sure how big her role is though.

I haven't seen or heard anything about Candice outside of TVD so I have no clue if she's going to continue trying to act or maybe focus on music. She would be awesome in a sitcom or romantic comedy.

I think the only one I could guarantee having a steady career would be Ian since he's been in the business longer and has a bigger resume. Will note that if he doesn't stop the horrid eye thing his career won't last much longer outside TVD .

I don't even care if SC become romantic at this point. I just want them to be friends again. Their relationship is important and the only one I care about at this point. They need each other so they best get their shiit together.
Yeah, I saw the trailer of Addicted.It seems one of those fatal attraction kind of movies.

You mean you haven't checked out Candice's web series yet? OMG that's almost a blunder.It's only 9 minutes long and it's really cute.It's called Dating rules from my future self:Season 2.You should check it out.Candice was awesome in it.

And I think she's done with professional music tbh. From what I've seen of her interviews, I gathered that even though she stumbled into acting unintentionally or something, she's much more comfortable with it.She does love performing though, anything, but I never got the vibe that she's too ambitious.She's like the breakout star of tvd, but she never put that into use to get work.

Ian is a good actor, only if he tries though.I used to get chills watching s1 Damon.I think he keeps doing that eye thing subconsciously because he thinks that's what the audience likes.So even if he isn't intentionally doing that, it just keeps happening.Someone should tell him its horrible and save him from giving himself eye cancer.

Idk where I am at with SC.I loved their friendship and even though I don't I'd mind if they went romantic, I just can't picture a romantic SC scene, in my mind its going to be weird and awkward as hell.Plus all the other issues of SE being endgame and Caroline getting hurt and all that.Like I said, I enjoy their scenes but looking at the bigger picture, I just know it'll be a train wreck.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
May I please be added? I find her thing for him cute
I added you.

» Bella
Old 11-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Tri I know about the webseries, but I haven't seen it. I mean't on actual tv or movies. She hasn't done much since she's been on TVD. This is even more reason for me to believe her signing onto The Originals if it continues after TVD.