Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

With Caroline it bothered me more because I knew there was truth to it. Even with emotions she criticizes Caroline. With Damon and Stefan she was lying to them when her humanity was off.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, she extra bitchy to Caroline in particular, that was really annoying. Not surprising though.

» Bella
Old 12-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Her words didn't bother me at all though.Because lbr they were the truth.What bothered me is that she tried to kill Liz and then Caroline.That's what I wanted her to apologize for.Not being a grade A bitch.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

I wanted her to apologize for all.

» Bella
Old 12-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

Vampires are naturally inclined to kill people especially without their humanity. Being a bitch requires more thought and a urge to be vindictive so it bothered me more.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Elena has been a bit of a bitch to Caroline since S1, although not deliberately.Since they became close in s2, I think everyone tends to forget that they didn't really get along all that well before that.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

I never forgot, I just thought she had moved past that and started seeing Caroline as a true friend.

» Bella
Old 12-08-2014, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

I didn't forget which is why I wish Bonnie/Caroline were still closer because I think Bonnie understands Caroline better. The main reason I couldn't warm up to Elena in season 1 was her inability to understand Caroline's insecurities. But since we can't like everything about someone I can't hold it against Elena. My boss is very optimistic and while I admired it most of the time it's been working on my nerves lately
Old 12-08-2014, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

It's okay to not like a person's personality traits, but Elena overdid it sometimes, that's why it was annoying, it felt like she didn't like Caroline at all. Which could be true.

People that are too optimistic can be annoying.

» Bella
Old 12-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I think even Bonnie just barely tolerated Caroline tbh.While Elena mostly seemed oblivious of her selfish bitchy actions.Bonnie just didn't really care all that much about her either.I mean it was Elena of all people who thought Caroline should know about Bonnie being a witch.
Idk, Caroline always felt like a third wheel in the BE friendship, which makes sense because Caroline was supposed to be the frenemy.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel (View Post)
I think even Bonnie just barely tolerated Caroline tbh.While Elena mostly seemed oblivious of her selfish bitchy actions.Bonnie just didn't really care all that much about her either.I mean it was Elena of all people who thought Caroline should know about Bonnie being a witch.
Idk, Caroline always felt like a third wheel in the BE friendship, which makes sense because Caroline was supposed to be the frenemy.
All of this! I never liked Bonnie/Caroline, tbh. I always felt like Caroline cared so much more about Bonnie than Bonnie ever did for Caroline.
The fact that Caroline was the third wheel was one of the reasons I sympathized with her so much in season 1.

» Bella
Old 12-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

I agree about Caroline being a third wheel and to a certain extent about Bonnie because she also got annoyed with Caroline but like we stated earlier some character traits are bound to annoy you. Elena bothered me more because they would wax-poetic about how kind and compassionate she was but her behavior with Caroline disproved that. Bonnie seemed to genuinely like Caroline and want to be her friend. In the pilot when Caroline said 'I'm never the one' I loved Bonnie's reply She knew the right thing to say. When Bonnie told Caroline that she didn't listen in season 1 I agreed with her because I thought Caroline was more self-centered in the beginning so I get why she was hesitant to tell her about her magic.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I agree about Caroline being a third wheel and to a certain extent about Bonnie because she also got annoyed with Caroline but like we stated earlier some character traits are bound to annoy you. Elena bothered me more because they would wax-poetic about how kind and compassionate she was but her behavior with Caroline disproved that. Bonnie seemed to genuinely like Caroline and want to be her friend. In the pilot when Caroline said 'I'm never the one' I loved Bonnie's reply She knew the right thing to say. When Bonnie told Caroline that she didn't listen in season 1 I agreed with her because I thought Caroline was more self-centered in the beginning so I get why she was hesitant to tell her about her magic.
All of Caroline's relationships bothered me in S1. It seemed like no one really cared for her.Not even her own mother.It also explained why she was the way she was.Her "why does no one ever pick me?", kind of turned me off at the beginning.But when I saw how her so called friends treated her, I understood.No wonder she was so insecure.
I don't think you can totally blame Elena for her general behavior with Caroline.Caroline didn't exactly give her a reason to be kind. About what happened with Matt, I think Elena genuinely was so self absorbed that she didn't know it was hurting Caroline. I've always held Matt more accountable for it than Elena. He was the one who was dating her, he should have been more perceptive.
I really didn't like the way Bonnie told Caroline she was a witch. I mean would you believe your bff if she came up to you and said she's a witch? I think I'd crack a joke or reply with sarcasm just like Caroline did. I mean she actually showed Elena and what did poor Caroline get, "I'm a witch." Don't forget Bonnie used to say this crap 24x7 which made it even harder to believe.

The biggest reason Caroline had inferiority complex was because her friends legit believed they were superior to her and treated her that way, every single one of them. So even though I like little friend moments in the gang, I would still applaud if Caroline decided she never wanted to see their ugly faces again.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

I agree with most of your post. I only really got bothered with Elena during the double date in I think 1x16. Before that Caroline was more of a frenemy/mean girl so it made sense that Elena wasn't close to her and I didn't mind. Matt pissed me off pretty much all the time. He was so annoying I only started liking Matt in mid season 3 when he was anti-Tyler I held a grudge for a long time. And I agree that Bonnie's approach to telling Caroline about her magic was unconvincing. But I think Caroline not listening extended beyond magic conversations which is why Bonnie/Elena were closer.

You're right that everyone's behavior towards her influenced her self image. Maybe in season 1 I'd want Caroline to tell them off but things have changed. I think Bonnie's worse off the way they keep on using her so I'd love to see her tell everyone off. I'm not even a Bonnie fan but it's ridiculous how they treat her.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-12-2014 at 06:39 AM
Old 12-15-2014, 04:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I agree with most of your post. I only really got bothered with Elena during the double date in I think 1x16. Before that Caroline was more of a frenemy/mean girl so it made sense that Elena wasn't close to her and I didn't mind. Matt pissed me off pretty much all the time. He was so annoying I only started liking Matt in mid season 3 when he was anti-Tyler I held a grudge for a long time. And I agree that Bonnie's approach to telling Caroline about her magic was unconvincing. But I think Caroline not listening extended beyond magic conversations which is why Bonnie/Elena were closer.

You're right that everyone's behavior towards her influenced her self image. Maybe in season 1 I'd want Caroline to tell them off but things have changed. I think Bonnie's worse off the way they keep on using her so I'd love to see her tell everyone off. I'm not even a Bonnie fan but it's ridiculous how they treat her.
Same. Elena annoyed me in the double date episode too. She and Matt were so obnoxiously inconsiderate that I immediately started rooting for Caroline and hating them. Matt was so fricking spineless. He couldn't stand up to his own mother while they dated and even before that he just treated Caroline like her was better than her and she would never equal Elena. EVER. Then he crossed the line in s2, and I've wished him dead ever since.

I agree that Caroline was a bit self-absorbed back then, she still is if you ask me. The only thing that's changed is that she's a lot more considerate now than she was back then.

Bleh, I stopped caring about Bonnie since s2. The girl is such an obvious plot device it's hard for me to look at her as a character. She's like furniture to me. Her death was the saddest/funniest thing ever on the show. I mean here she is looking at her own dead body and her immediate thought is Elena. WTF. How can anyone take someone like that seriously?