Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Exactly! They get tortured and then get over it so fast.

» Bella
Old 08-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Moderator Manager

^ Yep... it's pointless and has no impact... so I'm with you girls and hope they just drop the torture plot

Also, both Enzo and Caroline have already been tortured way too much... time for them to just be snarky and sassy
Old 08-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

^ The werewolf and Bill torture at least had an aftermath. With Alaric they didn't deal with it so enough already.

And Enzo's torture I can't take seriously when he also tortures others.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Moderator Manager

^ He doesn't torture others... he kill others, same as Damon, and Klaus and pretty much everybody else in MF as it's convenient to them
Old 08-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

He suffocated Jeremy who's innocent and he used held SE hostage and used violence against them before he knew the full the story about Maggie. I don't have an issue with characters doing bad things just as long as they don't play the victim.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Moderator Manager

I don't see him playing the victim, but that's just my opinion. Because Damon, Elena, Stefan, and pretty much all others apart from Matt and Jeremy are the ones always playing the victim card. So I judge characters using the same logic for them, and since I disregard or cut some slacks to the others, I do the same with Enzo. Besides he has never actually said he was a good person, I've always saw him as a bit shady but like I said, that's just me based on the little that I know of him
Old 08-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

^ I think victim is the wrong word. I should have used hypocrisy. When Enzo was introduced I could easily sympathize with him regarding Augustine. I thought the plan of killing the Whitmores was genius. But he knows what it feels like to be held captive, hurt physically and fearing for his life which Jeremy experienced in 5x13 at Enzo's hands so using Augustine to gain sympathy won't work on me anymore. They'll have to come up with another back story before he was in Augustine if they want me to sympathize with him again. I think Enzo's unpredictability is entertaining and I liked 5x19 when he held everyone hostage since I thought it was clever. I just don't want to hear about Augustine anymore. Same with Klaus. I can sympathize with him regarding Mikael but if he treated Hope the same way Mikael treated him then I wouldn't want to hear about Mikael anymore.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Moderator Manager

That's fair enough.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

^ Yeah it's the method that bothered me. I can't even defend Damon in that episode which sucks because I could always find a way to understand him but in that episode I had to go read some analysis from Damon stans because I don't know WTF they were doing. If they had fed Jeremy some vamp blood and threatened to snap his neck at least I'd know he wasn't really going to die. It wouldn't have made it right but it would have helped.

I just remembered Jeremy isn't really that innocent since he's the one who killed Tyler's hybrid friend which pissed me off. The characters should just drop the 'good' vs 'evil' act and adopt Stefan and Caroline's 4x09 'We've all done bad things' approach. Matt's the only one who can claim to be good without me rolling my eyes.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 08-30-2014 at 03:25 AM
Old 08-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Moderator Manager

^ that's the way I see it... everyone there is a hypocrite, so I just didn't get too ticked off by Enzo doing that, specially because he didn't have reasons to care or wasn't friends with anybody there but Damon. anyways I like him, way more than other characters in TVD and I'm excited to see more of him this season, as well as him interacting with Caroline
Old 08-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Enzo is better than so many TVD characters. When you look at his past, you'll understand why he has done something so far. His obsession with Maggie annoyed me sometimes, but he wasn't the only one who had obessions with someone. His anger got him done some bad things, but at least his anger was not for nothing. I think his character is worth to get to know much more, so I hope we'll see they focus on him more. And I really like the thing between him and Caroline, they have a great dynamic.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

I love when the cast tweet each other. Malarkey loves twitter so hopefully we get more

Quote:
@CandiceAccola · Aug 29

Tickets on sale today to hear awesome @mkmalarkey rocking his tunes!

@mkmalarkey · Aug 29

@CandiceAccola you are a darling, thank you x
Old 08-31-2014, 02:45 AM
Elite Fan

Aww, that's really so cute. I loved they tweeted each other.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Aw, those tweets are cute! I didn't even know Malarky was a singer!

» Bella
Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

I sometimes check out the other cast members tweets so I've seen him promoting his gigs. I listened to a short youtube clip of him but I wasn't really into it so I haven't listened to anything else.