Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Moderator Manager

@ Bella
Right?!! That's what I'm doing too... which made it a lot easier to drop the show, since everything that happened there didn't add anything relevant (or that didn't destroy the characters).

@Carolyn
I think that for us viewers that followed the journey since TVD, it's disrespectful what the writers did in TO. But from a new viewers' POV I can understand why they like the show.
And I like your choices!!! Mine would probably be very similar.... although I like Kieran, but I wouldn't care much if he died, and same goes for Davina atm
Old 04-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
@ Bella
Right?!! That's what I'm doing too... which made it a lot easier to drop the show, since everything that happened there didn't add anything relevant (or that didn't destroy the characters)
TO never happened.

Oh and I just saw what you posted. I don't think TO has that many new fans. And the last ratings were pretty low. All I see is people complaining about it and almost no hype for anything.
And lol @ them trying to paint Hayley as a fan favorite, seriously, what media are they looking at?

» Bella
Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

^^ Right?? Ridiculous.

Quote:
And I like your choices!!! Mine would probably be very similar.... although I like Kieran, but I wouldn't care much if he died, and same goes for Davina atm
So two (and a half?) for you instead of four. And I quickly counted, out of 15 regular/regularly occuring characters that I could think of, that's not great math.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Moderator Manager

^ yeah... mostly two and a half for me... although pretty much all characters (including Klaus) have managed to annoy me lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilicat (View Post)
TO never happened.

Oh and I just saw what you posted. I don't think TO has that many new fans. And the last ratings were pretty low. All I see is people complaining about it and almost no hype for anything.
And lol @ them trying to paint Hayley as a fan favorite, seriously, what media are they looking at?

The last ratings were low, but we can't really take that into account considering it went against the 100th episode of Glee and the season finale of PLL.
All I know is what I've seen from the Chicago Con.... a panel for one person alone is only done when the character is popular (otherwise there would be no questions to keep it lasting for one hour), or if there isn't any other actor in the con (which wasn't the case, since Chicago Con had like 10 guest

Like I said, some people (mostly or practically all of them are TVD viewers), but new fans in a general matter like the Mary Sue act, so I think the show is not going to suffer much in a general picture (because I'm sure the hit from Claire leaving will be huge)

Anyways.... as far as KC goes, I think we hit jackpot, because their last scene was so AMAZING and left the relationship in such a great place
Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

^^ Agreed!!! I love what we got.

I do not understand the Mary Sue act for the life of me!! She was the worst in TVD.

Sorry they're all bumming you out Si. Are you done with the show now until the end of the season at least?

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 04-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

True about the ratings, but I guess we'll see. I don't see the boring plots keeping the audience's interest for long. I still believe the show will get cancelled next season unless they do some major changes.

I still don't think Hayley can be considered a fan favorite. Maybe the solo pannel is just them trying to shove their new leading lady down the audience's throat. They seem to still be under the illusion that people think PT is amazing. IDK, I only check Tumblr and sometimes facebook and I don't see hype for Hayley in any of those.

I loved the place Klaroline is now. I'd still like an endgame, but if it doesn't happen I can still pretend they got together later. They are immortal after all there were so many hints of them getting together in the future, so I don't think it's too far fetched.

» Bella
Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
ROCKY!! Captain Swan and Klaroline feels!! For me?? You are my fav, and I know that you don't even ship them. Parallels!! Love that one of Hook playing with Emma's hair. He's so adorable.

I will! It always takes a long time to find good ones, because you have to sort through them all, and then you start reading some that aren't that great.. It's a process.

OMG What's your Caroline ending?? Tell me! I'm here until the bitter end too, and then for awhile after. Because in my mind, all my ships turn out my way!! They're my number 1 too. They're just so perfect. And hot. I love all you guys too! I love how lively this thread is, and all the art and fic that gets posted. Everyone is so enthusiastic!

Dude, the shirt rip off was my favorite thing ever. Followed by the hands on her hips. Just. WOW. I'm surprised that they didn't start a forest fire out there. It doesn't even need to just be smutty in our heads now, they're actually smutty on the show. You can't tell me that sex in the woods in broad daylight isn't just a little bit on the side of kink.

I want them to have a blood sharing scene for sure. That would be awesome, and they would both be so into it.
I'm glad you liked it. Chrizta is a huge Klaroline and Captain Swan shipper so it was only a matter of time before she made another comparison gif set with her two OTPs.

I understand. I look forward to more recommendations.

I don't have a Caroline ending. I have a Klaroline ending. The top scene right now is a knock on Klaus' door and when he opens it, he finds Caroline on his doorstep, telling him that she's ready for him to show her the world. Do you have a Klaroline ending? I feel the same way. Klaroline is gonna be one of those ships that I will love forever, regardless of how it ends for them. OTP, baby! I love this group too. We're still shipping them, even though they have only shared one scene in the two shows, a few mentions have been dropped, and the occasional tingly feels.

That scene will never not be sexy. I love the forest fire comparison and the kinkiness of the move. How great is it that we now have firsthand proof of their hotness together?

---

From this thread:

Quote:
Deep down, she knows that that side of him exists, so she was trying to make him get in touch with it. She saw how complex he was.

Yeah... these speculation really come up from time to time to get people all rile up about it, and then it's nothing but someone wishful thinking I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm sure that if that ever happens, it will be only when TVD is over.
I love that about Caroline. She sees the human/good side in people even when it seems like it doesn't exist at all. It's only natural that she would see the humanity in Klaus as well. I mean, he may be a thousand year old supernatural figure, but he was once human. All that means is that that side of him is buried deep inside. I love that Caroline recognized that and she tried to bring it out.

I'm with you, babe. I'll believe it when I see it. I've been trying to enjoy their separate journeys and seeing where they end up, and I'll continue to do that until we get the series finales.

Quote:
Can we put some new art in the OP depicting some woods sex?
Quote:
^ Oh I think so... we just need to find one with a coloring that matches the OP in general
And we will need to decide which graphic is gonna be taken out of the OP to make room for the new graphic. Please let me know if you find something that looks good, and we'll go from there.

Quote:
Me too. From what TPTB have been saying, I highly doubt anything would ever happen until near the end of TVD (unless they change their tune, which obviously could happen).
And Caroline going to NOLA just to be with Klaus doesn't sound like her at all! Especially so soon. She only just admitted her (deeply sexual, chemical, animal) attraction to him. Baby steps!!
Anything is possible at this point.

I like the baby steps. I hope we get a mention or two more this season.

Quote:
^ I honestly don't see how Caroline would fit in TO atm.... Not even to be Klaus' LI.
And if they ever bring her over it better be for a decent SL, otherwise odds are they'll just commit character assassination like they did with Rebekah, and I REALLY don't want that!

I think that even without a proper SL in TVD, Caroline is still true to herself and as far as character development goes, she is authentic. In TO the writers have a tendency of rewriting EVERYTHING about the characters and forgetting all the previous development/or lack of it that happened in TVD and make them all incredibly OOC. I love Caroline the way she is.
In my opinion TO is a weakest show than TVD atm, so I'd rather have Candice stay where she is being loved and all, than having her join a show that will probably tank fast from now on (with the lack of an interesting supporting cast and plots/SL that nobody cares about)
I don't want Caroline in TO either if TPTB are just gonna ruin her character and Klaroline. I'm gonna live in my happy bubble for as long as possible.

I agree with the part in bold.

~~~

I'm off to read chapters 6 to 10 of Null and Void. I'll be back soon.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
^^ Agreed!!! I love what we got.

I do not understand the Mary Sue act for the life of me!! She was the worst in TVD.

Sorry they're all bumming you out Si. Are you done with the show now until the end of the season at least?
I hate Mary Sue characters, so I don't get the appeal of that either

For now, I'm going to wait for the season to end to watch the episode (the last one I watched was Rebekah leaving) and then I'll decide if I'm dropping it for good or not....
To me the problem was that Klaus seems like a shadow of what he was being all forgiving, and making alliances with everybody when he gains practically nothing out of it
And then there was the completely destruction of Rebekah and Elijah (now I mostly laugh of the ridiculousness that he is)
So, in a way TO only managed to take away the love I've felt for AMAZING characters, that's why I'm on Bella's train of TO never happened

Quote:
True about the ratings, but I guess we'll see. I don't see the boring plots keeping the audience's interest for long. I still believe the show will get cancelled next season unless they do some major changes.

I still don't think Hayley can be considered a fan favorite. Maybe the solo pannel is just them trying to shove their new leading lady down the audience's throat. They seem to still be under the illusion that people think PT is amazing. IDK, I only check Tumblr and sometimes facebook and I don't see hype for Hayley in any of those.

I loved the place Klaroline is now. I'd still like an endgame, but if it doesn't happen I can still pretend they got together later. They are immortal after all there were so many hints of them getting together in the future, so I don't think it's too far fetched.
Ohh I think that if something doesn't happen soon, the show won't even get a full season 2.... New fans might be liking the show for now, but weak SL/plots can only get them so far, and let's not forget that every season we get TONS of new shows, so odds are viewers will diminish within every episode

I would think it was them pushing her if it was an event made by CW.... Since it's a private event, I doubt the company that put the convention together would risk giving a solo panel to a character that didn't have enough exciting customers.
To be fair (and you know my position regarding her), most of the complains and bad things being said about her character are made by Klaroliners (who most of the time just makes us roll our eyes and makes us look stupid by saying their reason to not like her is Klaroline ). The KC fandom is HUGE,and very vocal (and loud), so I think that's the perspective that TPTB are looking at Tumblr/Facebook... unless people actually give a good reason (in the majority) for not liking the character, their opinion is not accountable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
I love that about Caroline. She sees the human/good side in people even when it seems like it doesn't exist at all. It's only natural that she would see the humanity in Klaus as well. I mean, he may be a thousand year old supernatural figure, but he was once human. All that means is that that side of him is buried deep inside. I love that Caroline recognized that and she tried to bring it out.

I'm with you, babe. I'll believe it when I see it. I've been trying to enjoy their separate journeys and seeing where they end up, and I'll continue to do that until we get the series finales.

And we will need to decide which graphic is gonna be taken out of the OP to make room for the new graphic. Please let me know if you find something that looks good, and we'll go from there.

I don't want Caroline in TO either if TPTB are just gonna ruin her character and Klaroline. I'm gonna live in my happy bubble for as long as possible.

I agree with the part in bold.
Yeah, I think Caroline saw very fast that beneath the whole evil facade that Klaus put up, a part of him was still human. And the fact that she had an internal battle with herself trying to keep remember how bad he was, in the end she pretty much always gave him the benefit of the doubt. Which probably was something that attracted Klaus to her too.... she was complex and the same can be said about him.

I swear that I'll be a happy person if in the finale of TVD we get a little hope that eventually she would look for him (in the case of Klaus not showing up in the finale).

Ohh it's going to be so tough to vote one of the graphics out

I'm perfectly fine in my happy bubble!!! And that's like a first for me, so i'm really enjoying the happiness

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 04-08-2014 at 12:28 PM
Old 04-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love her the way she is too. And despite what I'm sure other people think. I feel like it was completely within character, since she became a vamp, to have feelings for Klaus, and then finally give into those feelings once Tyler had abandoned her. But her going to NOLA to be with a man she's conflicted about? Not so much.

They need to bring Klaus back to MF
I totally agree with your post.

Quote:
I agree about it! Caroline has a good heart, and becoming a vampire enhanced that, which made it more clear that she became attracted to Klaus, since I think at a point she could relate to him (deep down he just wanted to be loved, which we saw during her human days in season 1 was exactly what she wanted)
This is exactly the spark that turned me into a shipper. I didn't remember much of seasons one and two, but the moment I saw the two of them relating to one another, it hit me that they would make perfect sense together and I was all-in with Klaroline.

Quote:
Anyways.... as far as KC goes, I think we hit jackpot, because their last scene was so AMAZING and left the relationship in such a great place

I hope it stays this way for a while. I'm really enjoying my shippy bubble.

Quote:

I feel the same way. I've done it before when my other ships haven't been endgame, and I'll do it again if both shows end without Klaroline being endgame.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
This is exactly the spark that turned me into a shipper. I didn't remember much of seasons one and two, but the moment I saw the two of them relating to one another, it hit me that they would make perfect sense together and I was all-in with Klaroline.

I hope it stays this way for a while. I'm really enjoying my shippy bubble.

I feel the same way. I've done it before when my other ships haven't been endgame, and I'll do it again if both shows end without Klaroline being endgame.
Ohh I edited and replied to your previous post

Yeah, I like the fact that they are similar in so many things, and in parts where they aren't is probably the thing that is lacking in their characters.... Caroline needs to be a bit more dark/maybe not so forgiving all the time, and Klaus needs to be a bit more in touch with his good side (or maybe not since I LOVE evil Klaus )

like I said... I couldn't be a happier shipper atm.
And just like you and Bella I think that they'll be endgame, even if we don't get to see it in the finales
Old 04-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

^^^ I think they'll be endgame no matter what, too. From the wave they'd been written, I don't see how they could be anything else. No point in writing an awesome line like "I intend to be your last, however long it takes..." if that wasn't going to be the case.

Quote:
I'm glad you liked it. Chrizta is a huge Klaroline and Captain Swan shipper so it was only a matter of time before she made another comparison gif set with her two OTPs.

I don't have a Caroline ending. I have a Klaroline ending. The top scene right now is a knock on Klaus' door and when he opens it, he finds Caroline on his doorstep, telling him that she's ready for him to show her the world. Do you have a Klaroline ending? I feel the same way. Klaroline is gonna be one of those ships that I will love forever, regardless of how it ends for them. OTP, baby! I love this group too. We're still shipping them, even though they have only shared one scene in the two shows, a few mentions have been dropped, and the occasional tingly feels.

That scene will never not be sexy. I love the forest fire comparison and the kinkiness of the move. How great is it that we now have firsthand proof of their hotness together?

I like the baby steps. I hope we get a mention or two more this season.
I think I'll have to check out her Tumblr, it sounds like she has great taste.

I meant to type Klaro. Caroline was a typo. That's my ending for them too! That's been my head canon for awhile. GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!! I think I wrote that somewhere on one of the other Klaro threads. I think that would be the perfect ending for those two if the show never really decided to come back to them story-wise. And doubly perfect if they didn't have to go through a rain of destruction before then!

Right?? Someone needs to make a gif set of the woods burning down around them. That would be amazing. :hot_pinkie: Because that's what it is between them: FIRE.

Hmmm not sure, but we can figure that out when we find a new gif set. I guess our other option would be to find lots of graphics and make our OP a double post-er, like some other threads do?

Me too! But then, I have been surprised by the amount we've gotten thus far, so maybe just keep thinking that each mention is a gift. More so, I would love it if Caroline was brought up in TO. I'm not sure how she would be though...

Enjoy the fic!!

Probably won't be around again until tomorrow peeps.

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 04-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Moderator Manager

^ yeah the use of that line sure made it impossible for them not to be endgame
Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ohh I edited and replied to your previous post

Yeah, I like the fact that they are similar in so many things, and in parts where they aren't is probably the thing that is lacking in their characters.... Caroline needs to be a bit more dark/maybe not so forgiving all the time, and Klaus needs to be a bit more in touch with his good side (or maybe not since I LOVE evil Klaus )

like I said... I couldn't be a happier shipper atm.
And just like you and Bella I think that they'll be endgame, even if we don't get to see it in the finales
Well said!

I just feel it in my heart that they would be this eternal on-again/off-again love story. That is my truth, which is what I will stick to unless the show shows something better. =p

Quote:
^^^ I think they'll be endgame no matter what, too. From the wave they'd been written, I don't see how they could be anything else. No point in writing an awesome line like "I intend to be your last, however long it takes..." if that wasn't going to be the case.

I think I'll have to check out her Tumblr, it sounds like she has great taste.

I meant to type Klaro. Caroline was a typo. That's my ending for them too! That's been my head canon for awhile. GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!! I think I wrote that somewhere on one of the other Klaro threads. I think that would be the perfect ending for those two if the show never really decided to come back to them story-wise. And doubly perfect if they didn't have to go through a rain of destruction before then!

Right?? Someone needs to make a gif set of the woods burning down around them. That would be amazing. :hot_pinkie: Because that's what it is between them: FIRE.

Hmmm not sure, but we can figure that out when we find a new gif set. I guess our other option would be to find lots of graphics and make our OP a double post-er, like some other threads do?

Me too! But then, I have been surprised by the amount we've gotten thus far, so maybe just keep thinking that each mention is a gift. More so, I would love it if Caroline was brought up in TO. I'm not sure how she would be though...

Enjoy the fic!!

Probably won't be around again until tomorrow peeps.
"I intend to be your last" has 'endgame' stamped all over it.

She's great! Her blog is filled with great stufff. I have more parallel gif sets for you.

#flies into the sun (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
X

Tell me when you want me to stop.

Great minds! I like being in your head so why would I leave? I think that that is a very popular Klaroline endgame headcanon for the shippers, and you pointed out the two main reasons why it would work.

Someone might have already made it but we haven't found it yet. We'll keep an eye out for that.

I was thinking we could expand the OP to two posts when we reach a milestone thread, like the 50th thread which is only 28 threads away. We have to get there first so let's keep posting. If we decide to update the OP now in this thread, then I'll need the majority to wanna make the change before anything happens.

We have gotten quite a lot of mentions this season. I keep we get a few more before the next TV season. I'm not holding my breath for a Caroline mention on TO, but I would be over-the-moon if it were to happen.

Everyone should read Null and Void. I'm only halfway through and I'm already hooked.

Come back! I'll miss you. Hope to see you soon.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I just feel it in my heart that they would be this eternal on-again/off-again love story. That is my truth, which is what I will stick to unless the show shows something better. =p

I was thinking we could expand the OP to two posts when we reach a milestone thread, like the 50th thread which is only 28 threads away. We have to get there first so let's keep posting. If we decide to update the OP now in this thread, then I'll need the majority to wanna make the change before anything happens.

We have gotten quite a lot of mentions this season. I keep we get a few more before the next TV season. I'm not holding my breath for a Caroline mention on TO, but I would be over-the-moon if it were to happen.
I'm sticking with that too!!

That line was perfect!!! Best interaction between the two and what the future holds for them

Well, I'm not really a fan of two posts OP, but with the amount of great KC stuff out there, maybe it could be the way to go

Ohhh a Caroline mention in TO sure would make lots of fans super happy I would love that!!! I mean, if Klaus' mentions even by people that are not Caroline in TVD already makes me smile... it would be quite the thing to see/hear in TO
Old 04-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ohh I think that if something doesn't happen soon, the show won't even get a full season 2.... New fans might be liking the show for now, but weak SL/plots can only get them so far, and let's not forget that every season we get TONS of new shows, so odds are viewers will diminish within every episode

I would think it was them pushing her if it was an event made by CW.... Since it's a private event, I doubt the company that put the convention together would risk giving a solo panel to a character that didn't have enough exciting customers.
To be fair (and you know my position regarding her), most of the complains and bad things being said about her character are made by Klaroliners (who most of the time just makes us roll our eyes and makes us look stupid by saying their reason to not like her is Klaroline ). The KC fandom is HUGE,and very vocal (and loud), so I think that's the perspective that TPTB are looking at Tumblr/Facebook... unless people actually give a good reason (in the majority) for not liking the character, their opinion is not accountable.
Really? I never thought about it not getting a full season 2. I don't think the new fans will be enough, they don't seem to be that many people. Most of the TO fans seem to have watched TVD before.

Well, I don't know how those events work. But I'm really curious to know how they came to conclusion that people want to watch PT talking about her horrible character and plot and that Hayley is a fan favorite.
I agree it's mostly the Klaroliners and it annoys me, because they're very obnoxious, but I don't think they are the only ones who say bad things about her/her character.
But that's my point. Even if they only see hate that doesn't "count" because it's from shippers, then where are they seeing her getting love? I really want to know, because I don't see it, unless I'm not paying attention to something.

Quote:

Everyone should read Null and Void. I'm only halfway through and I'm already hooked.
That's my headcanon too! It makes sense for them to be supernatural Ross and Rachel, since they are immortal. Forever is a long time to be with just one person.

That's why I'll always believe that they eventually found their way back to each other.

Why not do it when we reach #25? It's closer and it can be considered a milestone. I like the idea of changing the OP a little. It's been like this since the beginning, right?

Which chapter are you? What's happening in it? Put on spoiler tags and tell me everything!

» Bella
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top