Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

The Cape episode 1x01 "Pilot" Discussion

What did everyone think of the first hour of the series premiere?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was amazing . The best thing about it for me was that it was fast paced. No dragging at all. I can't believe some reviews complained about this particular aspect. I like mysteries and tension, but this wasn't the case. I love the characters, the music and the acting is good.

I liked that the city is fictional, it helps us getting into the comic book mood. Chess is a great villain, and the circus scenes are a blast. I wasn't bored for a second.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Lautner

I was worried at first that it was moving too fast, but then it wasn't hard to follow at all and it fit with the show, stuff started to happen right away insted of us having to wait half a season for Vince to be a real superhero. Not enough Orwell though, but I like the way her character was introduced.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ITA, Soleya . Things were happening fast, but the whole thing wasn't hard to follow, so I really liked it.

More Orwell please .
Old 01-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked the fast pace of it, and am glad that it didn't drag information out forever. I wouldn't have wanted to wait a half a season to see Vince as a superhero either. I think each of the main characters had a great introduction, but that there wasn't too much time spent on any specific one so that we could meet them all.

I also love that Vince is learning all these tricks from a bank robbing Circus crew. Even when things weren't going well for him, I liked that the show was able to mix a lot of humor into it. I think the characters are interesting and have a lot of potential, and I'm curious to learn more about them.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Lautner

I do love the humor, this is definitely the kind of show that shouldn't take itself too seriously, but I don't want it to be a big joke either. So there was enough humor to lighten up the mood, but it didn't bother the more serious side of the show, it only made it more interesting.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleya (View Post)
I do love the humor, this is definitely the kind of show that shouldn't take itself too seriously, but I don't want it to be a big joke either. So there was enough humor to lighten up the mood, but it didn't bother the more serious side of the show, it only made it more interesting.
This . I think they found the perfect balance and the humor is not random and it doesn't have a bad timing.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Lautner

Definitely, it's not in every scene, so you don't always expect it when it comes and that's what makes it funny for me. Like in the end of the Pilot when that man makes fun of his name after he saves his store, that was funny, because I never expected that.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

That was one of my favorite moments in the Pilot! What did the guy say? "You'll work on it" or something like that.

I'm glad that the show is that perfect mixture of comedy and drama. The idea of a grown man going around performing magic tricks with this long cape is in itself funny. But I like that it's only brief moments when people point that stuff out. The carnival of crime is hilarious, but the writers used them for a larger purpose which I liked as well.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Lautner

Yeah something like that, he clearly wasn't impressed.

Yeah it's funny if you start to think about it, but then you have to remember it's a show about a superhero, when has that ever no tbeen funny, I personally find Smallville hilarious... but anyways they're aware that the idea is funny and they take that and use it to their advantage.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Word, you two . They're using it as an advantage, and not in every scene. It's great and should stay this way.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Lautner

I think all and all we're all pretty impressed by the Pilot.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup . That's why some reviews pissed me off.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly never really pay attention to reviews anymore. They always seem to hate the shows I love, and love the shows I hate. I just hope the other potential viewers take the reviews with a grain of salt.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I should follow you and stop caring about them, but I end up reading them and I start ranting all by myself. When I read a review saying that the music on The Cape wasn't good I was like:

Just STFU, the music is great, dude.