Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Being Human(UK) Episode Discussion: 4x01 "I don't Know What We Are Now" Airing February 5

Being Human UK 4x01 "I Don't Know What We Are Now"

Following the gripping series three finale in which viewers watched Mitchell fall victim to the wolf-shaped bullet, series four sees the aftermath as the housemates return to their home in Barry Island. There are also some new faces in town...

In an old B&B in a sleepy seaside town, we join Annie, her housemate George, and their new friend. They’re reeling from the loss of their best friend Mitchell, Tom’s father figure McNair, and the tragic departure of George’s girlfriend, Nina. But with a newborn baby to look after, it’s never been more difficult to live life under-the-radar as a ghost and two werewolves.
There are also the vampires to deal with: lurking in every corner of society, waiting for the Old Ones to arrive and take over the world with brutal force. Can they fight them off? And at what cost? One thing becomes clear – the vampires believe that the child of two werewolves is important in their own mythology. Can this little baby really be the saviour of humanity? And what exactly are Cutler’s ‘alternative’ plans for world domination?
Starring Lenora Crichlow as Annie, Russell Tovey as George, Michael Socha as Tom, Damien Molony as Hal, Andrew Gower as Cutler, Alex Jennings as Griffin, Mark Williams as Regus, Louis Mahoney as Leo, Tamla Kari as Pearl, Darren Evans as Dewi, Anthony Flanagan as Fergus, Sean Francis as Lucas, and Mali Harries as Lisa

Old 02-05-2012, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this. I'm excited and nervous for this episode.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

*Sniff* George.

That was so sad. I didn't feel nearly as bad when Mitchell died, but the last scene with George/Annie just did me in. I knew Russell was leaving the show, but I expected him to be in this season more than that.

All that being said, I'm intrigued by the new direction they're taking the show in and it kept me glued to my seat the entire time.

I liked the new vampire and was surprised to see he came from his own little Being Human trinity as well. I guess he and 1950's ghost girl will move in with Annie and Tom.

I've never been a George/Nina shipper, but he really broke my heart when he said he had to be with his Nina right before he went through the door.

I'm sure the girl in the future was grown up Eve, that's no shocker. I just wonder why she's going through her door to go back in time or whatever.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen the ep yet, but I have no self control so I read everyone's liveblogging on tumblr sounds really sad! But also promising for the future, so that's good. Can't wait to see it.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't seen the episode yet either and living in the US I have to wait til somome links it on youtube but this time I'm in no hurry... so far all I have read is how Annie is yet AGAIN displayed as weak and silly and I am for the love of God tired of seeing the writers pigeon holding this character and the talented Lenora down.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Man that was so sad. George

I kind of wish this was the second episode. I would have liked to have seen how the stand off from last season was resolved and actually seeing a bit of Nina and George being new parents before the crap hit the fan.

I'm glad Tom is still around, not sure about the others yet, need to see a more of them first.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 02-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't even seen it yet and my heart already aches for George so soon after losing Mitchell too....
Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach (View Post)
I haven't seen the episode yet either and living in the US I have to wait til somome links it on youtube but this time I'm in no hurry... so far all I have read is how Annie is yet AGAIN displayed as weak and silly and I am for the love of God tired of seeing the writers pigeon holding this character and the talented Lenora down.

Yeah, they're doing a disservice to the character and actress.

Still a bit shocked that George died in the S4 premiere.

At this point, what comes after is a reboot and the old show is dead.

R.I.P.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

^ that's sad to hear I was hoping they could come back from losing so many characters, maybe things will get better in later eps?

I'm just now DL'ing this ep, will post my thoughts later
Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Master Fan

I'm watching this on Friday. I'm rather scared to though
Old 02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Amanda let me know when you watch it and if I'm on we cna watch together I've been wanting to watch this ep and I'm off work on friday so it'd be perfect
Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I recommend having the next few episodes lined up to watch after 4.01 if you can 4.01 left me with a feeling of 'how COULD they?!?' and thinking I wouldn't be able to keep watching but I really love it now, 4.03 and 4.04 are some of my favourite Being Human episodes ever, which I would not have expected thinking a few weeks ago!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
Amanda let me know when you watch it and if I'm on we cna watch together I've been wanting to watch this ep and I'm off work on friday so it'd be perfect
Awesome! I'll be around in about 12 hours from now for awhile. Then later after that.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

I ended up having to go to work after all did you get a chance to watch it yet?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Not yet, I had to work as well I might watch it later today.