Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rising Star (General ✥ Appreciation) #4: "Maybe I’m not Broadway triple threat but I can play the drums on tupperware!"

Welcome to Cory's
GENERAL APPRECIATION
Thread #4

SUPPORTERS

Something Special
foreveralways21
noelle
Scheming Star
RachaelAM
Touldengal
~InMy♥4ever~
Schtroumphi

BIBLIOGRAPHY

Cory Monteith was born in Calgary, Alberta but grew up in Victoria, British Columbia. When his parents divorced,
he returned to Calgary with his mother. He dropped out of school in the ninth grade and never attended college.
Before pursuing an acting career, he worked as a Wal-Mart people greeter, school bus driver and roofer, among
others. Monteith's earliest roles arrived in 2004, through guest roles in shows such as Stargate Atlantis, Smallville
and Supernatural. He also played supporting roles in the films Bloody Mary and Final Destination 3. His first major
on-screen role was in the ABC Family series Kyle XY, where he held a recurring role. In 2007, he became a regular
in the short-lived MTV series Kaya, playing the band's drummer, Gunner. Monteith's biggest break came in 2009,
when he was cast as school jock and glee club male lead Finn Hudson in the hit Fox series Glee. Recently, he played
the male lead in the romantic comedy, Monte Carlo. Monteith also plays drums for the Indie-Rock band Bonnie Dune,
that is based in Los Angeles. He's currently single. He enjoys skimboarding and surfing on his free time. He lists hockey
and basketball as two of his favorite sports. He's a well-known Canucks fan. His song on Glee, "Jessie's Girl", is Glee's
second highest selling solo track from a regular. His multi-talented traits have turned his life around, and he never takes
it for granted. He's an inspiration. He's an amazing actor. His singing will blow you away. He's our life ruiner.

LINKS

Twitter
Wikepedia
IMDB
Facebook Page

FUTURE TITLES

Because he's the nicest, most humble and down-to-earth celebrity you'll find
Because his life story is so inspiring and touching. He truly deserves all the success in the world.
"Just be you, because that's good enough for me"
"Life’s too short to be serious"
Because we truly believe he's going to be a big movie star some day!
He's come so far by working his butt off! He deserves all the awards.
"I think Cory impressed me the most, because he had never sung in his life." - Adam Anders
"To do it not only took courage but talent. He really had something and seeing him discover" - Adam Anders
"That really blew me away. Dude’s never been in the studio and he’s doing Steve Perry! It was awesome." - Adam Anders
His outlook on life inspires all of us!
"Finn and I share this kind of vulnerability and virtue"
"No ego, incredibly hard working, kind guy with an amazing story and talent to boot. Amazing!" - Curt Mega
"It was so amazing. It was amazing. It was just as good as his version." - Stevie Knicks on Jessie's Girl
Because Stevie Knicks started watching Glee cuz of Cory and Jessie's Girl
"Cory is at the centre of it… he’s handsome, charming, talented… the whole package." - Carl Bessai
"He is an astonishing celebrity and actor on the rise." - Carl Bessai
"Cory Monteith delivers the goods. He’s a great actor and he’s a star for a reason" - Carl Bessai
"Cory came to the show not dancing at all, and now, he’s counting eights and it’s a whole transformation. Now he has a language of dance." - Eric Woodlee
"If you just keep your eyes on the prize and work hard, things can charge."
"No matter what new venture I take on - whether professional or personal - I’m always striving to make things better."
"Enjoy the ride, there is not round trip"
"Monteith deserves to be commended for his undeniable lower harmony."

PAST THREADS

( 1 ) ( 2 ) ( 3 ) ( 4 ) ( 5 )

ANIMATION OF THE MOMENT

Last edited by ღfaithfully; 09-10-2011 at 11:06 AM
Old 09-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Add me please!

TFTNT!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 09-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

Can you add me leyla please
Old 09-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT bb LOVE this title

OMG Cory's new interview is long and SO GOOOD!!! GAHHHHHHHHH I LOVE HIM!!!

Glee’s Cory Monteith calls own tune with film

For Cory Monteith, going from the tightly scripted world of TV’s hit show Glee to the role of a troubled sibling in Carl Bessai’s largely improvised movie Sisters & Brothers, premiering at TIFF Sunday, was the actor’s equivalent of working the high wire without a net.

“It was exhilarating and it was exciting and it was scary at times and it was such a fantastic experience,” says Calgary-born, Victoria-raised Monteith over a crackling cellphone from Los Angeles in an exclusive interview with the Star. He’s a bit late making the call, having been busy in the recording studio after laying down vocal tracks for Glee, the show that made him a star.

Monteith says being at TIFF for the world premiere of the movie is a “milestone.”
“It’s such an honour to be showcasing this at a world-scale film festival like TIFF,” he says. “It’s a dream come true.”

He demurs when asked if he’ll have more time to do other projects soon if rumours are true he’s leaving the hugely popular series, set in the world of competitive choral groups in a U.S. high school, after this season. He plays football hero-turned-singer Finn Hudson on the show, which has spun off a world of albums, concerts and even a film.

“You never know,” he says of the show. “There’s been speculation that people were graduating …” His voice trails off. He hopes his role in Canadian director Bessai’s film will expose him to a new audience.
At 29, Monteith is hardly high-school vintage, but playing Finn has made him a huge star and he’s grateful for what Glee has brought him — although, he adds, “it’s such an all-pervading show.”

He plays Justin, a Hollywood actor who tries to repair a damaged relationship with his less-successful brother, Rory (played by Canadian actor Dustin Milligan of TV’s 90210, who is one of Monteith’s closest friends).
“That’s one of the best experiences I’ve had, doing this film,” Monteith says enthusiastically. “It’s such a departure from scripted television, which is slightly predictable, not to take anything away from my show. It’s just different.”

In fact, Monteith is very cautious not to bite the hand that feeds him. His fame, he acknowledges, is because of Glee.
“Speaking personally, the level of fame as a result of Glee, it’s a blessing and a curse.
“I’ve been afforded so many opportunities and so many avenues and things that I could do,” he says. “This is important for me, to support the arts in Canada and to do as many things as an artist that I can and to introduce myself to people in as many different characters as possible.”
He’s not Finn, he’s quick to add, and he’s anxious for people to understand that. That desire propelled him to give a candid interview to Parade magazine in June, revealing he had an escalating drug habit that began when he was 13 that led to him dropping out of school three years later.
“I had a serious problem. Anything and everything as much as possible,” Monteith told Parade. When he was 19, his mother and a group of friends staged an intervention, afraid “he could die.” Monteith spent time in rehab, relapsed once he got out, and finally got sober.
“I think the more people know about me personally, being that I’m not Finn Hudson, the easier it would be to accept me in a different role that’s not all happy, Glee, all-American football hero.
“Personally, I always want to live a straightforward life,” he explains when asked why he was so open in the Parade interview, something few actors would be willing to do. “I want to live an honest existence. A lot of people thought and think that I am Finn Hudson. On a personal level, it strikes me as not telling everyone the whole story.”

But he says while it was important to show people “my true nature,” he didn’t want to reveal all. He politely refuses to speak about his dating life, for example.
Monteith’s friendship with co-star Milligan began after they met “eight or nine years ago,” not long after they both moved to Vancouver — Milligan from Yellowknife and Monteith from Victoria. Both studied with the same acting teacher and they shared an apartment for a while.
“(Dustin) worked on Repeaters with Carl (Bessai) and the (Sisters & Brothers) project came to Dustin and he said, ‘Cory is like a real-life brother of sorts to me and who better to play the part?’”
Bessai says he was delighted to get Monteith for Sisters & Brothers, a movie that follows four sets of siblings who are forced to confront truths about themselves and their fractured relationships.

“That show (Glee) is really, really big, so for him to step out of that and roll the dice on an unplanned, guerrilla, slightly crazy project with a director he’s never worked with, without a script in his hands and without the usual trappings and beautifications, next to no crew, it takes a certain kind of actor to take that risk and deliver,” Bessai told the Star from B.C. before coming to Toronto for the premiere.

Monteith and Milligan worked with their original acting coach, Vancouver’s Andrew McIlroy, to prepare for the one-day shoot.
“Dustin and I, knowing that we were going to embark on this project where there weren’t going to be any (scripted) lines … we started with his help coming up with ideas and back story, building on this relationship for the film and putting all the particulars in place,” Monteith said.
Bessai gave the actors points of the relationship to focus on and then started filming.

The movie opens with a scene that must be familiar to Monteith: He’s ambushed by screaming fans as his brother waits to meet him at Vancouver International Airport.
“The airport setup was pretty real to life,” says Monteith.
“They picked me up from the airport as I got in from L.A. and they started to shoot.”
The action then moves to a chic condo where the brothers end up facing some long-simmering issues. The entire segment took just one day to shoot.
“We were busting our asses,” Monteith says with a laugh.

The experience of making Sisters & Brothers has left Monteith ready to continue “seeing what’s out there” for his career.
He plans to continue to record singles with his band Bonnie Dune (he’s the drummer) and remains proudly Canadian: he has a manager in Vancouver, he had a “stunning” four-week vacation in B.C. in July and he was a proud host of the Gemini Awards last November, his mom at his side.

As for acting work, “I think the sky’s the limit,” says Monteith. “What’s next for me is bringing along a Glee audience, but pushing myself and my own boundaries as an actor as much as possible.”

"Nathan... this is what we do alright,
we're that couple
NathanAudrey
Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt Love the new title, obviously

Thanks for sharing Rachael
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added you girls

great interview Rach! I can't wait to see Sisters & Brothers, it sounds really interesting. I loved this part:

Quote:
“That show (Glee) is really, really big, so for him to step out of that and roll the dice on an unplanned, guerrilla, slightly crazy project with a director he’s never worked with, without a script in his hands and without the usual trappings and beautifications, next to no crew, it takes a certain kind of actor to take that risk and deliver,” Bessai told the Star from B.C. before coming to Toronto for the premiere.

Cory seriously has a long road of movies infront of him
Old 09-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

No problem guys Yes, he does Leyla and I'm so excited to see what is instore for him. His future as an actor is so bright!!!

we're that couple
NathanAudrey
Old 09-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

the op is gorgeous. sorry if i'm late for noticing.

And from what we do know is that Cory will do great for many years to come.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! title and subtitle are perfect
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rising star is perfect.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Yes it is

we're that couple
NathanAudrey