Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It bothered me that it had to be Puck who stopped it.
See, I can look over this because 1. Puck is a douche. He never should have been in that bed in the first place. 2. I don't think Rachel would have done more than fool around before SHE stopped it.

Quote:
I don't see why he has to keep accepting when such things happen to him because of something he did in the past.
Not in relation to FQ (though, I think there's still growth that can come from that failed relationship), but I think there's a lot of things in the past that Finn should answer for in regards to Rachel.

Rachel's motivation in going to Puck was awful, but I think it's wrong to discount what DROVE her to feel that. In that regard, I have some sympathy for her. Which is why I think that most of us feel its entirely possible for Finn and Rachel to get through this and back to being amazing.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Rachel's motivation in going to Puck was awful, but I think it's wrong to discount what DROVE her to feel that. In that regard, I have some sympathy for her.
What that he lied to her about his virginity? She lied to him as well about the same thing...
I had hardly any sympathy for her over that. He lied that he didnt do it and she lied that she did. He did it so she wouldn't get hurt and she lied to him so he would get jealous.
I ship finchel because more or less they bring the best out of each other... At least better than any other character on the show. However, Finn sleeping with Santana and not telling Rachel more or less didn't really give me any sympathy for Rachel.

What makes me like Rachel is her ability to support Finn and defend him. She stood up for him countless of times especially in the Rocky Horror Episode. Thats why i feel like their relationship could still work.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
See, I can look over this because 1. Puck is a douche. He never should have been in that bed in the first place. 2. I don't think Rachel would have done more than fool around before SHE stopped it.
oh i totally agree with this. I see people treating him like a hero cos he didn't go all the way, and i'm like, um, he got in the bed with her, folks, he's no saint.

Quote:
but I think there's a lot of things in the past that Finn should answer for in regards to Rachel
really? cos I always felt like Finn always sorta got his comeuppance when he hurt Rachel.

Like when he broke up with her in Hell-o, he lost her to Jesse. In fact, I guess it's safe to say the whole resulting Jesse drama, and thus Santana drama was possible BECAUSE of the way he ended things with her in Hell-O. Even though I honestly think it was necessary so that Rachel could stop worshipping Finn so much.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They both made mistakes, it was a failure of communication that led to all this.
Agreed. Failure of Finn to tell Rachel the truth about Santana, especially after she came clean about lying about Jesse + Santana warning him and failure of both of them to talk about it and air out their insecurities after the truth came out.

Added everyone
Old 01-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What that he lied to her about his virginity?
No, the way he handled it.

Quote:
really? cos I always felt like Finn always sorta got his comeuppance when he hurt Rachel.

Like when he broke up with her in Hell-o, he lost her to Jesse. In fact, I guess it's safe to say the whole resulting Jesse drama, and thus Santana drama was possible BECAUSE of the way he ended things with her in Hell-O. Even though I honestly think it was necessary so that Rachel could stop worshipping Finn so much.
I just think that in general, things are never addressed on this show. Sure, Finn has gotten his butt kicked by karma quite a few times, but that doesn't make for a healthier relationship. Just b/c Finn may feel some sort of consequence from an action doesn't mean that it was felt by Rachel too. Like when Finn laughed at Rachel? Everyone got over it. As an audience member, I would enjoy something coming from that. It's just those kinds of things I keep in my mind when I watch.

Yes. Failure to communicate all the way around. I still love them both, though

Last edited by LG rocks my socks; 01-02-2011 at 01:31 AM
Old 01-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

Oy. FF!

Last edited by LG rocks my socks; 01-02-2011 at 01:29 AM
Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Master Fan

Oy again!

Last edited by LG rocks my socks; 01-02-2011 at 01:30 AM
Old 01-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
No, the way he handled it.
Agreed. He didn't handle it in the best of ways, but he had the best intentions. Although that doesnt cross out that mistake, I still feel like he should gain credit for that.
For a huge part of the season I really wanted them to confront the issue of him losing his virginity to Santana and lying about it because it definitely was not right. Especially if he was planning on doing it with Rachel... not only morally incorrect, but in 'reality' you could get a disease or something and Rachel should know about his previous relations. Yet, I feel like a huge part of my feelings towards that were just simply erased by Rachels actions...

Last edited by Dreamer...; 01-02-2011 at 01:47 AM
Old 01-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Like when Finn laughed at Rachel?
well, that came from somewhere. He was clearly feeling like she was being selfish with the whole football thing

We can't hold on to every single wrong thing everyone does or honestly, we'll always be bitter about something.

Quote:
For a huge part of the season I really wanted them to confront the issue of him losing his virginity to Santana and lying about it because it definitely not right. Especially if he was planning on doing it with Rachel...
oh God I really wanted this. I wish they had showed us the regret Finn felt from last season. The show made it seem like he thought it was no big deal. :/
Old 01-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. I still love them lots. Esp after the Christmas ep.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

I'm not still holding it against him. It's just things like that that I think of when I think of things that add up in Rachel's mind. Or in my mind about things I wish I had seen being worked out.

And honestly. Rachel was a jerk in that scene... like really. But Finn LAUGHED at Rachel. He laughed at his girlfriend. That was some shady stuff.

But I'm really going to stop now. Because I'm not enjoying picking apart my fave couple, lol.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Ugh. FF hates me.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
But I'm really going to stop now. Because I'm not enjoying picking apart my fave couple, lol.
That's my issues with this couple. The fact that when you pick them apart they aren't the 'perfect' couple. To me they are a regular high school couple that wouldn't make it past high school.

I think a HUGE reason I ship them is Cory. I pretty much ship any relationship his character is in... I just hate how it ends up like that with this couple. You pick them apart and you see some pretty big imperfections.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

XD LOL Shanny... keep thinking of Duets~
Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

I don't think by any means they are the perfect couple. IMO, I think they are perfect for each other. But not perfect by any means. And I'm ok with that. I just don't want to have an entire conversation about the wrongs they've done to each other. it's not fun.

And while it's atypical, I know A LOT of high school couples that are now happily married. SO, I don't put any stock into them not making it out of HS. Who knows if they will, but I enjoy them enough to have hope for them past HS

And I ship FR b/c I love them together. And LC have INSANE chemistry. So, they will forever be my #1.

Duets!! So amazing. The scheming, and tackle-hug, the... duets, the everything. Such a good FR episode