Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

Please add me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starslightup (View Post)
What annoys me though is how the writers forget about things that have happened in the past. Finn is upset because Rachel made out with Puck while they were still together even though they were fighting about the whole thing with Santana, well did they forget that Finn cheated on Quinn twice with Rachel? When he kissed her in the auditorium and then at the bowling alley? And then while she was with Jesse he wouldn't stop trying to make her dump Jesse and go out with him.
I don't know that they've forgotten. Regardless of that fact, Finn still has a right to be mad at Rachel for kissing Puck. This is a new relationship, and it's not Rachel that Finn cheated on. He's not saying he can't forgive her, just that he needs time.

Anyway, there is a few things at least that they should talk through before getting back together. I'd like for Finn to help with Rachel's insecurities about Santana, (and Quinn) and just her appearance in general.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

I will forever love that no matter what FR are together for promos
Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What annoys me though is how the writers forget about things that have happened in the past. Finn is upset because Rachel made out with Puck while they were still together even though they were fighting about the whole thing with Santana, well did they forget that Finn cheated on Quinn twice with Rachel? When he kissed her in the auditorium and then at the bowling alley? And then while she was with Jesse he wouldn't stop trying to make her dump Jesse and go out with him.
Yeah, I still fail to see how Finn being unfaithful to Quinn is at all relevant here. Do people lose the right to be hurt when their romantic partners aren't faithful if they weren't faithful to an ex? Does he not have the right to think an exclusive relationship will actually be that way? Is he not supposed to have any feelings on fidelity? Is he supposed to be cool with it when his gf cheats with the exact same guy his last one did, because he kissed her while still with the first cheating gf? Does this go both ways? If Quinn gets cheated on by Sam, or say Puck, in the future, does she not have the right to be hurt since she cheated on Finn first? I mean, her cheating was undoubtedly worse, not just because she and Puck went further physically, but compounded by her attempted cuckolding of Finn, so does she have even less of an expectation of fidelity? Is Sam allowed to conceive a child with someone else while dating her? I'm just trying to understand how this works, because I really don't get it.

Anyway, we all know he'll forgive her at some point, he's never denied that. The question now is just when.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

I think the reason people bring it up, is because most (not all) are crucifying Rachel in this. Bringing up that fact that Finn has also done it in the past, I think is just people's way of saying Finn isn't perfect. I don't think anyone is saying that Finn doesn't have the right to be upset. He absolutely does. But personally, I would enjoy that being brought up at some point. Not even in relation to this instance... just in general. It was skipped over. I think it would be an interesting point to address.

Besides, I don't think its unnatural to make the connection between all the damn cheating that goes on on this show.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
As much as this makes sense... I have to say though, Finn never did it intetionally. What bothers me is that Rachel did it just to hurt Finn. Finn never cheated on Rachel because he respected her enough not to do it to her. He never hurt Quinn out of spite, it was because he couldn't control himself around Rachel. Altough cheating was wrong, unlike Rachel, he didn't do it with the worst intentions. Quinn would say some mean things to Finn and Rachel supported him and valued him enough not to hurt his feelings and go easy on him.
I'm just no understanding how people who ship Finchel feel like Finn is so horrible. He cheated on Quinn, yes... with RACHEL. He felt feelings for Rachel...
Rachel cheated on Finn with PUCK! The guy who slept with his ex girlfriend and got her pregnant. As much as I ship Finchel Rachel just went so low in my point of view. How could she do that to anyone? Even her worst enemy?
Probably a lot of people disagree with me on this, but thats just my feelings

However, I feel like they can make through that and get back together even though my respect for Rachel went soooo loooowwww.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I'm not saying everything is Finn's fault; Rachel has a huge part in this as well. I just feel like in situations like this the writers try and blame everything on one character instead of having both of them take blame.
First of all, have you heard of the quote, "Two wrongs don't make it right." Even Finn cheated on Quinn doesn't mean Rachel cheated on Finn was okay and that he should forgive her for that. Their relationships (FQ) and (FR) are completely two different and they both had their own issues, obviously.

So no matter if Finn cheated on Quinn twice with same girl doesn't give Rachel any rights to cheat on him at all. Plus we don't know how FQ got together because they just got together in the pilot and there's no indicitation about how they got together. We didn't know how they got together because we just saw the part where he just said Quinn was his girlfriend, so we didn't see how they got developed. Did he ask her out on a date? Did they both actually fall in love with each other? Did they do whole dating stage or did they just decide to get together because they wanted to have "reputation" for school after all he was a football quaterback and she was a cheerleader. So how do we know? How do we know if they really were in love with each other at that time?

We only got their ILY's after few episodes when he thought she was pregnant with his child, but before that, we didn't know if they did fall in love before the pilot because they never told us anything. So from what I took from this show, it's obvious that they got together for wrong reasons, aka her cheating on him with Puck and him cheating on her with Rachel. And then her lying about pregnancy and everything.

But for Finn/Rachel's relationship, we watched them start off as friends, started dating even after he already told her that he was in love with her, and then her finally telling him the same thing, and them trying to work out their issues such as popularity, glee club, etc. What they have was totally different than FQ's because what they did was all about pregnancy that we never got to see them actually acting like a couple. But FR sure acted like a couple and especially that Rachel fought to get his attention which she finally got his, and now she cheated on him? And not to mention, Finn made it clear that he did have geninue feelings for her which is why he was butthurt over cheating and broke up with her. Plus what Rachel did was ON PURPOSE, she did it on intention to get back at him which gave him MORE reasons to break up with her, that's why. She did it to get back at him and she got backfired in her face and I hate to say this but she got it coming. I would have said wtf?! if Finn just brushed it off and just...stayed with her despite what she has done because that wouldn't be right, you know. But he did it because he was hurting at the fact that she did it on purpose to get back at him and that she cheated, both reasons enough to break up with her.

Like I said, he had two different reasons with FQ and FR, but they both are not the same, no matter how you look at it. It could be hyprocite or whatever you think of, but it's not because two things don't make it right in the end no matter how you spin on things.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Addicted Fan

scheming star I couldn't agree with you more!
FQ and FR are completely different relationships. One is set on reputation and the other on "deeper feelings."
To have someone cheat on you just because you lied on being a virgin to make your partner feel better gives you NO RIGHT to cheat. ESPECIALLY with a guy who already has a bad reputation on hurting the guys feelings!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

I think you guys are taking what this person said as a justification for what Rach did. I think she was just saying that nobody is perfect in this relationship, and that the writers seemed to have attempted to make everyone "Team Finn" with that break up. That was my interpretation of what the poster said.

Anyway. I think we should all be Team FR. There's so much of "well she did this... and he did that". It's sad. I shall root for them together.

P.s. For the record, I think both Finn and Rach were jerks in that episode.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer... (View Post)
As much as this makes sense... I have to say though, Finn never did it intetionally. What bothers me is that Rachel did it just to hurt Finn.
This is what bothers me the most as well. And that time elapsed for her to make a conscious decision about what she was doing.

Add me please!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG rocks my socks (View Post)
I think the reason people bring it up, is because most (not all) are crucifying Rachel in this. Bringing up that fact that Finn has also done it in the past, I think is just people's way of saying Finn isn't perfect. I don't think anyone is saying that Finn doesn't have the right to be upset. He absolutely does. But personally, I would enjoy that being brought up at some point. Not even in relation to this instance... just in general. It was skipped over. I think it would be an interesting point to address.
That's not what I've been seeing. Plenty of people were bashing Finn over this, and acting like he didn't have the right to be mad. I don't think Rachel is the villain here either, or that Finn is perfect. They both made mistakes, it was a failure of communication that led to all this. But people keep bringing up the FQ relationship as if it is vital to consider in the situation, and it's not. There's a lot of cheating on this show, yes, FQ is just another another one of those instances, not connected to FR.

For continuity's sake, yes it'd nice if they acknowledged Finn cheated. I would've liked that in the first 13. But Glee moves so fast and I've long since given up on that being dealt with.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh debate.

Add me pls!

Quote:
First of all, have you heard of the quote, "Two wrongs don't make it right." Even Finn cheated on Quinn doesn't mean Rachel cheated on Finn was okay and that he should forgive her for that. Their relationships (FQ) and (FR) are completely two different and they both had their own issues, obviously.
gonna agree with this. Finn hasn't been perfect, but he's already paid his dues when it comes to Quinn imo. The whole babygate disaster was 'karma' enough to traumatize him. I don't see why he has to keep accepting when such things happen to him because of something he did in the past.

I love FR but Rachel intentionally going to make out with Puck was motivated by spite. It bothered me that it had to be Puck who stopped it.

It also bothered me how Rachel was kinda hung up to dry by the Glee club in that ep. the whole thing bothered me really

I do however feel like if the writers keep dragging it out for many more episodes then it'll get ridiculous.

Last edited by Beautiful Disorder; 01-02-2011 at 12:57 AM
Old 01-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
No doubt At one point I'm screaming at Finn to the T.V. and the other at Rachel. I was extremely bipolar throughout the episode.

Quote:
This is what bothers me the most as well. And that time elapsed for her to make a conscious decision about what she was doing.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer... (View Post)
scheming star I couldn't agree with you more!
FQ and FR are completely different relationships. One is set on reputation and the other on "deeper feelings."
To have someone cheat on you just because you lied on being a virgin to make your partner feel better gives you NO RIGHT to cheat. ESPECIALLY with a guy who already has a bad reputation on hurting the guys feelings!
Exactly, you just nailed it. That's what I meant. No rights to do that and plus what made it even worst was that she KNEW that it would hurt him so much especially what Puck did to him in the past and she still went there anyways which was like 100x's worst, imo.

LG rocks my socks, yes, they both are screwed up, but at least Finn apologized to her at the counselor session which she didn't listen very well so...Yeah, but they both need to talk about everything, especially with trust issues.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG rocks my socks (View Post)

Though I have to admit, I ended up more mad at Rachel. (the fact that I hate PR so much probably didn't help) But they both did wrong.

Quote:
Plenty of people were bashing Finn over this, and acting like he didn't have the right to be mad.
Yeah, that's just..
Old 01-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It bothered me that it had to be Puck who stopped it.
See, I can look over this because 1. Puck is a douche. He never should have been in that bed in the first place. 2. I don't think Rachel would have done more than fool around before SHE stopped it.

Quote:
I don't see why he has to keep accepting when such things happen to him because of something he did in the past.
Not in relation to FQ (though, I think there's still growth that can come from that failed relationship), but I think there's a lot of things in the past that Finn should answer for in regards to Rachel.

Rachel's motivation in going to Puck was awful, but I think it's wrong to discount what DROVE her to feel that. In that regard, I have some sympathy for her. Which is why I think that most of us feel its entirely possible for Finn and Rachel to get through this and back to being amazing.