Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Misfits 3x06 Episode Discussion Thread (airing December 04th)

After a drunken one-night-stand with a mysterious girl Rudy discovers that he has a strange superpower STD. With only 24hrs to undo the curse Rudy enlists Simon to help him find the girl. Meanwhile something weird is happening with Curtis’ gender-swap power. And Seth finally finds the superpower that he’s been searching for.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
New Fan

Sounds like a fun ep, one of the Teasers says Simon uses his power to see into the future and it isn't the nicest thing to look at. This STD must be bad.

I think that the STD makes you forget who you slept with so you can't go and confront them. So that;s why Rudy and Simon investigate. Just a guess.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

can't wait for this ep!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

omg this episode is going to be hilarious i can feel it

TFTNT!
Old 12-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

E4 on myipllayer is not working. I'm going to watch the episode tomorrow.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the episode was super duper boring. loved that they used spoon and bon iver though. i guess. the promo was also shtty. joy.

eta: i forgot to swoon about seth and kelly. *swoon*
Old 12-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

i LOVEDDDD that they used Bon Iver! They've been on my Misfits music wish list

It wasn't my favorite episode but Joe Gilgun was brilliant throughout the whole thing. i'm glad they explored him a bit more, but i wish there was a bit more of other characters in it. Though the Curtis bit was GREAT and Seth/Kelly were BEAUTIFUL though seth worried me at the end!!! he better not mess them up!

oh and one thing this season is i need more alisha. i wish she would get her own episode. and next week's episode seems CRAZY but i expect nothing less
Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i totally agree about the lack of alisha. it's mind-numbing at this point. also the lack of simon and alisha as a couple, as well. cause pairing simon with rudy for a whole ep to fix his dick was more plausible? why? ugh.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

Simon/Rudy was great!

Curtis and his problem and the chat he/Melissa had with Alisha/Kelly

Seth/Kelly was cute as usual. Not looking forward to next week though
Old 12-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Extreme Fan

SETH & KELLY OMG!!
Seth you better not **** this up...

and RUDY I ****ING LOVE HIM!
him and Simon working together
Bromance

and the Curtis problem...
pretty ****ed up

MUSIC / TV SHOWS / MOVIES
dreamer extraordinaire. happy wife.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not sure how I felt about this episode as a whole. It was a bit too much for me at times and the Rudy/Simon thing might have worked better as a subplot.

I did like some of the development we got. I felt for Curtis, but I would have liked to see that play out a little longer, if I'm honest.

Seth and Kelly were so sweet and then he went and messed it all up.

Rudy/Simon was a good pair up and I did like the Hangover vibe. I like Rudy well enough when he's getting over-excited about ice cream, but the sex stuff is a bit OTT for me. I did like that they have that version of Rudy finally show a little heart. I wish they'd let him keep that development.

I just feel like Alisha has so little to do this series.

Also, I do like standalone episodes, but I like for there to be a series arc as well. At the least, then the characters have to be developed over the course of the whole series. I've seen very little of the first and not quite enough of the second.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelpie (View Post)
Also, I do like standalone episodes, but I like for there to be a series arc as well. At the least, then the characters have to be developed over the course of the whole series. I've seen very little of the first and not quite enough of the second.
Yes I agree with you. I think that's why I liked season 1 the best because I felt it had an over-arching storyline with the probation worker.
Don't get me wrong I'm still enjoying this season as a whole but I fail to see how it was divided into 2 story arcs like Howard said it would be
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

I wish they had elaborated on the "Curtis impregnating himself" storyline. I suppose the hypothetical baby would be screwed up, but running to Seth to fix it by the end of the ep was sloppy. I knew they wouldn't sideline NSJ for long, but I like that actress and was excited to see her given the spotlight...I hope they don't get rid of her now that the genderswap is gone. Also, what the hell happened to Emma?

The Rudy storyline went on too long for its premise. The end payoff was predictable and throwaway IMO.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Supreme Fan

OMG at the Curtis storyline, though having Seth swap his power again seems like the easy way out.

Loved Seth and Kelly but I'm worried that this might not end well based on next week's promo.

Alisha hasn't done much at all this whole series, which is a shame.

The Rudy plot was a bit much. I keep hoping to see more of Emo Rudy. I generally like Rudy with this other self.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah the Rudy story line was a bit too much for me too. It was fun at some parts but overdone in others. I liked the Rudy/Simon bromance though. I also enjoyed the Curtis/Rudy bromance.

Alisha seems to be very underused this season, she seems a bit like Curtis was in season 2, only there when the power is needed.

The Curtis plot was interesting but as you guys said, the ending felt a bit sloppy.

Quote:
Seth and Kelly were so sweet and then he went and messed it all up.

Quote:
I like Rudy well enough when he's getting over-excited about ice cream, but the sex stuff is a bit OTT for me.
Same here. When he is getting excited about ice cream it's sweet but when he gets too obnoxious and talks too much about sex related stuff I'm just not into that kind of scenes.