Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Misfits 3x02 Episode Discussion Thread (airing November 6th)

Curtis uses his new gender-swap power so that he can compete again in the sport of atheltics. There ends up being a complication when Curtis falls for Emma, one of the other athletes.Curtis can't tell Emma the truth about his real identity. A predatory figure ends up turning his advances towards the female Curtis.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this

Can't wait for this episode! The description sounds good
Old 11-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

no prob BB

I know! i think it's going to be entertaining to say the least! i only wonder what kelly is thinking in that still shot
Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

I have no idea!

Wait so do they know what his power is and what he looks like when he changes?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

I think they definitely know what his power is, not sure if they know how he looks as a girl though.

This episode is going to be funny.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

I normally love episodes when characters change bodies/switch bodies so i'm really looking forward to this one
Old 11-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

ugh so mad there isn't a livestream!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Addicted Fan

proof misfits hasn't lost its touch! that was even better than last week. so far i'm liking this season more than s2.
it was nice to see them explore curtis's character in such depth. i've been wanting more clarity on him for a while. i liked his rant about nobody understanding what it's like to be a woman
also i liked that alisha called him out on his arrogant attitude. her impression of him made me lol. i think his character definitely developed for the better this ep.

that rapist guy was seriously creepy.

it seems that with nathan's absence the other characters get the chance to shine more. not just comedy wise but it seems the relationships between the other characters are getting explored more too. like simon/curtis and kelly/alisha for example had some nice friendship scenes this ep. i feel like without nathan there there's more focus on the group as a whole. the group dynamic seems pretty equal atm and i really like it.
loved rudy again this week. throwing up in that girl's hood at the party

promo for next ep looks juicy. plenty of simon/alisha.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

i agree!!! omg this episode was one of my favorites of the WHOLE show. it was so balanced, everyone played a role in their own storylines and the main storyline, they touched on a lot of feminist and political issues through Curtis' power which was exactly what i wanted from it!

Quote:
it seems that with nathan's absence the other characters get the chance to shine more. not just comedy wise but it seems the relationships between the other characters are getting explored more too
That is something that i noticed too. this episode alone melissa interacted with simon, kelly, shaun, emma, curtis, rudy; we got curtis/alisha scene, curtis/simon, kelly/alisha, a great kelly/curtis scene at the end of the episode...it was just all so flawless! and i love that they kind of called Curtis out on how he keeps complaining and harping over the past instead of just moving on from it all.

yes and Rudy throwing up in the hood was HILARIOUS. He was again really funny this episode.

anyway....yeah flawless episode was flawless to me at least

and next week's preview looked SOOOO good. can't wait
Old 11-06-2011, 08:04 PM
New Fan

I LOVED this episode. 10/10 for me. It was funny and dramatic all at the same time and kept me on the edge of my seat. I'm also warming up to Rudy- his bit with Curtis was too funny.

Quote:
we got curtis/alisha scene, curtis/simon, kelly/alisha, a great kelly/curtis scene at the end of the episode...it was just all so flawless!
The interactions were wonderful and believable, which doesn't always happen on ensemble shows. I don't think I remember an actual bonding scene with Curtis and Simon, so it was nice seeing them together as Simon tried to understand what the hell was going on with Curtis and Melissa. And I loved Kelly sticking up for Alisha. They have all come a long way from season 1. Looking forward to next week very much.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the episode was amazing! emma doesn't deserve curtis, at all, though. what an asshole! besides, i miss nikki and i feel like what her and curtis shared was downplayed a bit here. if that makes sense. shame. anyway, i too, am glad the writers utilized curtis' new powers to the episode's advantage. although, throwing the second attempted rape in there was a little... futile. i mean, how likely is it that a rapist would take his victims to the same spot again and again? other than that and rudy, i enjoyed every single second of what i saw. i think misfits is one of very few shows that could pull off such character evolution in the span of one hour. honestly.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Amazing episode! Very Curtis centered, yet the others got some awesome stuff too. Loved that. And like everyone else said, great for all kinds of interactions between the group.

Finally enough Curtis screen time and closure for his past. They handled it really great. The actress that plays Melissa is so dead on on Curtis' expressions. Really believable.

Nice having some Curtis/Alisha scenes and callback of their relationship.

Awesome friendship bonding moments with Curtis/Simon and Kelly/Alisha. Kelly sticking up for her girl.

Rudy was hilarious. When he threw up in that girl's hood.

The rapist was so creepy. But hot when he first showed up and we didn't know he's actually a rapist, ngl.

Seth/Kelly scene was funny. I could be down with them. Really interested in Seth's back story.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 11-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

oh i ship seth/kelly so hard right now

Quote:
i think misfits is one of very few shows that could pull off such character evolution in the span of one hour.
WORD. so much word. they use the 30-40 minutes they have and each minute counts.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's what quality TV is about. And they can't let a filler episode to slip in cause of so little eps per season.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the episode but I didn't find it as amazing as everyone else seems to have.

It was good to finally see more Curtis development and to see him actually evolve. But I think it was kinda weird that he was supposed to be bad in bed but Nikki seemed to enjoy it a lot on the rooftop last season.

Alisha showing Curtis what he looked like during a hand job. OMG.

Kelly/Seth, I SHIP IT! The look he gave her in the car.

I enjoyed Simon/Curtis scenes a lot.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.