Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Misfits 10k Celebration Thread!

Welcome to the 10k celebration thread!
'We’re young. We’re supposed to drink too much. We’re supposed to have bad attitudes and shag each other’s brains out. We were designed to party. We owe it to ourselves to party hard. We owe it to each other. This is it. This is our time.'

W E . D I D . I T !
This month we finally got our board
and started to post like crazy. It wasn't easy.
fanforum used its dark power to prevent
us from reaching our first milestone but today
we finally hit the 10k mark. Never underestimate
the power of post whoring!

In the past days we proved that we deserved to get
the board and that our love for Misfits is still strong.
Thanks to everyone who made this happen.

testimonials

I've become instanty hooked on Misfits. I've seen heaps of gifs @ tumblr and five minutes into the first episode I thought to myself that this show could become one of your all- time favourite TV shows in the history of TV shows. And so it did. I love the show for its brilliant humour, the different characters and their superpowers and of course, its shoking moments and its terrific plotlines. I'm overwhelmed with the Misfits board at ff - it's been moving so fast and it is full of nice people who are addicted to the show just as much as I am. It's a wonderfully virtual place to come to. ~ *aLESSANDRA* (Laura)

In all of my years of TV watching, I don’t think I’ve seen a TV show whose true heart and emotion is reflected so beautifully through each one of its characters as I have in Misfits. Howard has done such a great job creating these characters and making it feel as if you are friends and could relate to each one of them. I think the beauty of Misfits and why it works well together is that they each bring something different to the table; the comedy in Nathan, the awkwardness in Simon, the tough act in Kelly, the beauty in Alisha, and the normalcy in Curtis. But lastly I have to say that this is the first teen oriented show I’ve watched where triangles, OTPs, and hook ups don’t drive the storylines or the fandom. Of course there are couples I love on this show, and one that I have a mild obsession with (Simon/Alisha), but it doesn’t ruin any other part of the show for me which is rare this day in age. The premise of the show could have also gone HORRIBLY wrong but I think what Nathan said to Kelly in season 1 sums up PERFECTLY my thoughts on Misfits: “It should have been a complete car crash, but it wasn’t.” So hats off to Howard, Robert, Iwan, Nathan,Antonia and Lauren and the fandom of Misfits! ~ attract your dreams ♥ (Colie)

Misfits is a show that I instantly fell in love with, it's not your average run of the mill generic TV show about teens or people with superpowers...the show is more than that. One of the reasons the title of the show is so appropriate is because Nathan, Simon, Kelly, Curtis, and Alisha are a bunch of Misfits, who came together and bonded together without realizing they became a family. I am so happy that the board has reached 10K in such a short time span and here's to many more board celebrations. ~ Firestar007 (Liz)

It's incredibly amazing how we reached our first milestone so fast. The board is on fiiiiire. And I love it. It's been really fun posting on here since we got our board, everyone's so cool and we're a great bunch of posters. Cheers to more postwhoring/monkey****ting in the future and this awful hiatus not stopping us! ~ iLoveChair (Nat)

I love the show - the bizarre humour, the imperfect super heroes, the insanity, the heartbreaking moments. This show is special, so is our board. I have never been this excited about getting a board as I was when Misfits was opened. And we've been post whoring ever since. We've reached our first miletsone, here is to 10k and the billion of milestones ahead of us. ~ Karma Police (Paula)

I found out Misfits about one month ago, when everybody told me it was worth it. I had nothing to do, so I gave it a shot. And what a shot! This show is the most amazing thing ever created by English people in terms of TV shows. I mean, it combines funny, sad, and all the emotions. To have a board for the show, was the most logical thing ever. and we got it, we didn't fight long, like most of the others do. But we can show also that it was worth it. We are already at 10K in almost no time. I'm sure this board will reach new tops. Here's to 10K! and tons of more! ~ so·lil·o·quy (Candice)

This show? BEST. THING. EVER. This board? Probably the 2nd best thng ever xP I am so glad we finally got the board here on FF, and that it's doing soooo great. Hell, if it wasn't for these glorious servers we would be celebrating 25k already... I can not wait for s3 to start (in these long ass 10 freaking months) and all the posting, flailing, ranting that's ahead of us. In the meantime, keep it up, Monkey****s! ~ ~Amarula~ (Bridget)
icons

Everybody dance now!

Banners&icons: Nat
Gifs: -nathanyoung & fizzypop94 - tumblr
Thread set up: Paula&Bridget

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

CONGRATS!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

WE DID IT GUYS IM SO PROUD

amazing post Paula. amazing job!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

OMG!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

I love you all and we did it!!! in a week

Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

OMG! IT'S SO AWESOME! THANK YOU GUYS!

Changing icon right away!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

WE DID IT

Gif party? Y/Y?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Fan Forum Star

Colie, icon

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Fan Forum Star

THANKS FOR PUTTING THIS UP PAULA

we need gifs!!!
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

beautiful icons you came up with

it's party time

Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Candice!

all of the icons are so amazing!

party time!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

10,000 posts
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

congrats guys! we did it!

who made the icons so I can credit?

amelia | icon: mel
Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

All the testimonialssss<3
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Fan Forum Star

I'm so proud ofus. i'm so glad i've met you all

Master Fan

Wohooooo!!!!!!!!

Hugs everybody.