Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2016, 09:43 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

The Vampire Diaries Episode Discussion | 7x14: "Moonlight on the Bayou" | Episode Support Group

Moonlight on the Bayou
AN EXCITING CROSSOVER WITH “THE ORIGINALS” — In order to lure a vengeful vampire hunter named Rayna Cruz (guest star Leslie-Anne Huff) away from his friends in Mystic Falls, Stefan (Paul Wesley) heads to New Orleans, where Valerie (guest star Elizabeth Blackmore) has learned of a safe house that can protect him. Once there, he comes face to face with Klaus Mikaelson (guest star Joseph Morgan), who soon becomes suspicious of his old friend’s unexpected arrival in his city. Meanwhile, Enzo (Michael Malarkey), who is working on behalf of a mysterious organization called The Armory, approaches Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) with a plan that could protect Stefan from Rayna. Finally, after learning that Alaric (Matt Davis) has decided to leave for Dallas with the twins immediately, Caroline (Candice King) offers to accompany them on the trip and finds herself contemplating her own future in Mystic Falls. Zach Roerig also stars.

Directed by Jeffrey Hunt
Written by Caroline Dries & Brett Matthews

Promo

Extended promo

Webclip

Last edited by dbn; 02-25-2016 at 11:16 AM
dbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

oh the crossover is happening now! I thought so from the episode title
andii98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:05 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Yes it is
Old 02-26-2016, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

holy ****! That episode was fantastic!
Old 02-26-2016, 10:29 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Wait what you have already watched it
Old 02-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I usually watch it on Friday morning, the Canadian broadcast from Thursday night.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:11 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Oh right
Old 02-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Stefan has a lot of scenes
Old 02-26-2016, 01:30 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

That's the best kind of episodes
Old 02-26-2016, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

yeah, so if anyone wants to get back into the game, this is the best episode to do it with
Old 02-27-2016, 07:32 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Okay

Paul "blogging" about the episode

Quote:
Paul Wesley takes you behind the scenes of the Vampire Diaries-Originals crossover
Wesley takes the reins from Julie Plec for this week's exclusive 'Originals' blog
BY PAUL WESLEY , JULIE PLEC

(Annette Brown/The CW )
The Vampire Diaries
Posted February 26 2016 — 10:00 PM EST

The Mikaelson family is extremely complicated, and who better to untangle that drama than Julie Plec? The Originals showrunner will blog each week’s installment throughout the season exclusively for EW. From answering burning questions to giving behind-the-scenes stories and more, this is a place for fans to hear directly from Plec about the episode they just watched.

Related
Joseph Morgan blogs the 'TVD'-'Originals' crossover, talks Klefan
'Vampire Diaries'-'Originals' crossover: Caroline needs Klaus' protection
Back in October, the CW network came to Atlanta to take both casts of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals out to dinner. Friends were reunited, the wine was flowing, and everyone was very happy to be spending time together, when the idea of the crossover was born.

If Mark Pedowitz and his team knew that at the next table over, Joseph Morgan, Paul Wesley, Phoebe Tonkin, and I were having a casual conversation about a crossover, they might have ordered extra dessert. But unbeknownst to them, I was tingling with the first nugget of an idea of how to finally reunite Stefan Salvatore and his frenemy Klaus Mikaelson. Here tonight to tell us about his experience shooting “A Streetcar Named Desire” (written by Diane Ademu-John & Beau de Mayo and directed by Matt Hastings), is my friend and Mr. Hero Hair himself… Paul Wesley (with a few notes from me).

——————–

Hi all. Thanks for watching tonight.
[Julie: Joe calls them “fang fans.” Don’t you have something cute you do like that?
Paul: I don’t do cute.]

It was really an exciting phone call to receive when asked whether I wanted to participate in a crossover episode of The Originals.
[Julie: I got you drunk at dinner and asked you to do it.
Paul: You’re right. Change it to: “As a result of my intoxication I said yes and then proceeded to regret it.”]

I’ve grown to be extremely close with the cast of the OG’s. We all live in ATL and hang often, and I had been missing working with “the original” family.
[Julie: Can we add Instagram photos of you and Phoebe?
Paul: Ummmm, no.]

I was most definitely saddened when the time came for Klaus and Elijah to branch off and get their own spin-off show.
[Julie: Your thesaurus is broken. “Saddened” is not a synonym for “jealous.”
Paul: You got me there.]

The time I spent on VD with Daniel [Gillies] and Joseph (and a very brief scene my character had with Phoebe) was really special. They are all extremely gifted actors, very committed to the craft, and I was thrilled at the opportunity to breathe a bit of fresh creative air, change up the environment, and work with them again.
[Julie: I’d like you to be more honest and real here. You don’t have to spin your relationship with Gillies.
Paul: Okay, we had a set fling and he used me. I thought it would turn into something more. I’ve since forgiven him.]

Some of my favorite moments from The Vampire Diaries were from season 3. I found the storyline between Stefan and Klaus to be extremely compelling. It was a friend/foe type friendship, rooted in depth that took us back to the 1920s. When working with Joseph, there is always that glimmer of our characters being on the precipice of either saving each other’s lives or being mortal enemies. And of course we now have the added equation of being in love with the same woman, Caroline.
[Julie: WHY IN THE F— WOULD YOU MENTION THAT? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!
Paul: #teamklaroline]

Some tidbits:

The first scene I shot on The Originals was the one with Phoebe, Charles (Michael Davis), and Andy Lees when we are plotting our plan and surveying the map and plotting our grand “break in.” It was a relatively light scene which was nice because I was able to warm up a bit and get comfortable with being around the new crew. They were all very kind and helpful and I felt pretty at home after a few takes
[Julie: Ummm….
Paul: No, Julie. Those rumors that the crew was not allowed to look me in the eye are complete and utter fabrication.]

The scene where I walk in for the first time and am introduced by Klaus to the gang was quite funny because Daniel (being Daniel) kept attempting to make me laugh on screen via holding the firepoker in his hand in various positions. I don’t know why holding a fire poker in arbitrary positions is funny to me, but it is. I can’t deny that I didn’t try a similar antic when it was on his coverage.
[Julie: The subtext here is palpable.
Paul: As long as he’s wearing that suit, he has my heart.]

The scene in the car with Hayley was, in actuality, incredibly awkward because we were quite literally crammed in a trunk. It was the last scene I shot on that episode. Both Phoebe and I somehow wanted to create some sort of physical separation between us (as much as possible given the space) because our characters had only crossed paths once on Vampire Diaries. But I suppose the awkwardness of the space lent itself to creating an interestingly intimate but awkward dynamic.

My scene with Joseph (and the last scene in the episode for my character) in the cemetery was quite lovely. I thought it was a nice conclusive ending to their “friendship.”I don’t know if these two will cross paths again, but I hope they do because I find there to be some great history and depth here, and much more to explore.
[Julie: That’s sweet, but tell the nice people what Joe Morgan did to you on your last day. You shouldn’t have to accept that kind of behavior.
Paul: We’re actors. Occasionally we have temper tantrums and throw heavy objects at each other. I don’t consider that to be unacceptable behavior. He was clearly intimidated by my hair. I don’t blame him. It’s daunting for any actor to share screen time with my impeccably coiffed mane.]
Source
Old 02-27-2016, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

I watched both episodes (TVD&TO) wow so much Stefan! So a few highlights: At first Klaus refused to help Stefan because Stefan wasn't honest about the reason he was there,then Stefan's wound started bleeding and Klaus saw it and ripped his shirt open , Rayna almost killed Stefan but Klaus saved him (after a phone call from Caroline he decided to help Stefan for her)and oh yeah the brilliant advice from Klaus to Stefan to let Caroline go TO: Freya taking care of Stefan's wound with some kind of paste that keeps Rayna away,Stefan In the back of a car with Hayley,Stefan plotting a plan with Freya,Hayley,Marcel and Lucion and Stefan saying goodbye to Klaus,both episodes were good!
MissKitty36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

amazing, right?
Old 02-27-2016, 10:17 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds interesting
Old 02-27-2016, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Stefan and Klaus saying goodbye was my favourite!