Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2014, 04:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Of course, I wish he directed heaps of episodes: my sarcasm doesn't come across very well on the Internet. Seriously though I wish it was just Paul directing on TVD. He had to work for two seasons to direct, and now Ian just gets to helicopter in.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:21 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

I sure hope Ian had to go trough the same courses and classes as Paul had to before he got his directors chair
Old 12-31-2014, 04:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

I know me too! But only Paul should get to direct, it's his thing.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:48 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Heck yeah
Old 12-31-2014, 05:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Paul should direct an episode where Damon dies from wolf-bite while Stefan rides off in his Porsche to a cabin high in the picturesque Virginian ridge-and-valley province with Elena/Caroline/Rebekah (insert ship here)
Old 12-31-2014, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilducadimantova (View Post)
Of course, I wish he directed heaps of episodes: my sarcasm doesn't come across very well on the Internet. Seriously though I wish it was just Paul directing on TVD. He had to work for two seasons to direct, and now Ian just gets to helicopter in.
Ian didn't just get to jump in. Ian talked of directing TVD far before we first heard of it from Paul. Ian gave an interview back in 2011 where he expressed his intent to direct.

Paul has talked about working to direct and learning the ropes because he was asked about it since the promo of his directional debut. If he hadn't been asked about it, we wouldn't know. Ian hasn't been asked yet (he hasn't even finished his episode). Don't assume that Ian got to just "jump in" just because we haven't heard otherwise. We probably know about 1% of what goes on behind the scenes.

This is not a competition between the actors. One actor did not "get the idea to direct" from another actor. One actor did not get special treatment over another actor. And just because one actor directed first doesn't mean that other actors shouldn't or don't have a right to, and it doesn't mean they are "copying" the first actor. TV actors often get to direct their shows after a while, it's not uncommon. Paul was not the first and he won't be the last.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguoc (View Post)
Ian didn't just get to jump in. Ian talked of directing TVD far before we first heard of it from Paul. Ian gave an interview back in 2011 where he expressed his intent to direct.

Paul has talked about working to direct and learning the ropes because he was asked about it since the promo of his directional debut. If he hadn't been asked about it, we wouldn't know. Ian hasn't been asked yet (he hasn't even finished his episode). Don't assume that Ian got to just "jump in" just because we haven't heard otherwise. We probably know about 1% of what goes on behind the scenes.

This is not a competition between the actors. One actor did not "get the idea to direct" from another actor. One actor did not get special treatment over another actor. And just because one actor directed first doesn't mean that other actors shouldn't or don't have a right to, and it doesn't mean they are "copying" the first actor. TV actors often get to direct their shows after a while, it's not uncommon. Paul was not the first and he won't be the last.
Excuse me, I stand corrected.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:40 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

No that is true Beth To be fair it's an easy mistake to assume since CW always promotes Ian first and foremost

Just look at Supernatural - at least Jensen and Jared have both directed - not sure if Misha has On NCIS Michael W has directed as has Mark H
Old 12-31-2014, 01:46 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

6*11
Quote:
CONTROLLING YOUR MAGIC — More powerful than ever, Kai (guest star Chris Wood) holds Elena (Nina Dobrev) captive while he learns to control his newly acquired magic. At the Salvatore mansion, Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) and Alaric (Matt Davis) try to prepare Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) for the impending merge ceremony with Kai, but they quickly realize Jo is weaker than they thought. After bringing Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacIntyre) home from the hospital, Caroline (Candice Accola) travels with Stefan (Paul Wesley) to North Carolina in search of a cure for her mother’s cancer. Meanwhile, Stefan, who has his own intentions for traveling to North Carolina, is caught off guard when Enzo (Michael Malarkey) shows up demanding to know what Stefan is hiding. Lastly, when Damon (Ian Somerhalder) discovers Elena has been kidnapped by Kai, he is forced to rethink his strategy after an unexpected visitor throws a wrench into his plan. Michael Trevino, Steven R. McQueen and Zach Roerig also star.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Enzo That dude is testing my already thin as crap patience with him!!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:05 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

I think we all feel like that
Old 01-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just really don't get his point. The Enzo character is so useless... the writers dropped the ball big time with him
Old 01-02-2015, 01:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I just really don't get his point. The Enzo character is so useless... the writers dropped the ball big time with him
I agree 100%... His back story is shoddy. I can't see how you could become a vampire from TB. Just a few episodes ago vampire blood completely cured a serious, long-term condition (Lady Whitmore) yet Enzo died of TB; we'll overlook that last year blood cured a congenital heart defect. Still unclear how the British accent and culture align with an Italian name. Still don't understand how Enzo can hack it in fights with Stefan and Damon... Ah the logic of late-period TVD.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:00 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

There are so many loose end when it comes to Enzo....
Old 01-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Loose ends is a good description of TVD these days...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread