Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will just have to look for gifs later. About to go home.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG I'm not crying I just have Stelena in my eye.

Paul Wesley & Phoebe Tonkin Thread http://www.fanforum.com/f354/paul-ph...mour-63134195/
~Ashley~
stardreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, so Silas was the best part but he's storyline makes no sense. Like, he's a freaking vampire and instead of going after Katherine when she was close to him, he decided to have the whole city help him? wtf?

Stefan scenes:
Spoiler:

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Not inspiring me to watch.

I really hope Stefan doesn't turn it off. Do we need to repeat a story line for the 3rd season in a row? No humanity Stefan S3 then no humanity Elena S4... If we then got to no Humanity Stefan S5 this show is going to be way more repetitive than already is.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

not much gifs yet.

ETA:

Last edited by tee_ph; 10-03-2013 at 07:33 PM
tee_ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Is there a scenehere Stefan reaches out to Elena without realising?
Raguoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I'll be watching some clips on YT later today. Thanks for the gifs. Love seeing Stelena, and I hope he doesn't turn his humanity off either..

Spoiler:
Old 10-04-2013, 03:39 AM
Banned

Why is everyone using spoilers tags?

I agree with Aurora, this episode was dull.

The directing and editing were good but the writing had the same flaws than last year: it lacks punch because the writers are running out of ideas, so keeping the illusion that the show hasn't changed and still can give us double twists per episode compared to a standard tv show is impossible, but they are still trying.

I didn't either find the dialogues to be good. No lines worth remembering, even from Damon.

I don't understand how watching Stefan dying over and over is good entertainment.
Paul was right : he's screwed right, lift and center!
I hate the writers for that.
And we know that he won't switch off his humanity, so there's no suspense in it.
The line about how long it took him the last time was just ridiculous (how much time passed beween 3x16 and 3x22, one week?)

Same for Bonnie, her delusion about her death and sacrifice makes her just look stupid.

And when did Damon become the hero of the show? I must have missed the episodes developing his redemption arc, i don't get how and why he's sudenly protecting Katherine and Jeremy and saving their life. Anyway, it looked faked and forced and made him look defanged.
The scenes between Damon and Jeremy were just At least, Jeremy was disgusted by the make out and still remembers that Damon killed him.

The mythology information about Silas was very sparingly given but it doesn't make him more charismatic or more mysterious IMO. For a big bad he's still lacking personality.
However it's refreshing to see him not care about anyone and willing to hurt Liz or kill Rudy, or gets very direct with Damon.

Katherine is always welcome as the badass annoying bitch but something was different about Nina's acting, i don't know what?

No scenes stand out especially: the college scenes were boring, The Originals's absence was noticeable although Rebekah's scenes with Matt were pure fanservice.
I'm intrigued by what happened to Matt in the alley although it's obvious that Nadia must be following someone evil.

D/E sex scenes were clearly overrated by the medias: everything was already in the promo!

The unique S/E scene seemed to come from nowhere: the hallucinations scenes weren't convincing but this one especially seemed disconnected from the rest.
Something in the light or Elena's sudden appearance.
And this scene pissed me off because she's enjoying her time with Damon without guilt despite Caroline's protestations and wishes and wasn't even shamed to recognize in front of a stranger like her roomate to be dating the brother of her ex- boyfriend!
So why Stefan must still think about her?

Wy Caroline isn't mentioning him on a personal level, beyond his relationship with Elena? I get that she thinks he's not ready and she wants to give him space and time, but doesn't she miss him too?
At least she was protective of his feelings.

Same for Bonnie, she's mentioned but only as a distant thought. The friendship between the girls is kept to minimal.

Elena seemed very selfish too me: with Jeremy, Bonnie and Caroline (when Caroline was crying over Tyler's message, she looked more annoyed than concerned).

I'm definitely not excited, the only thing which kept my attention was the mystery around Elena's father on a pic with the dead roomate.

Credit

Credit

Eating my hat about the episode having no best quotes. This one is my favorite!

Quote:
Silas: Damon, how well do you know your brother? Do you really think he would leave town for 3 months without so much as a phone call so you could live happily ever after with the love of his life? Or did you just delude yourself into thinking it would be that easy?
Ratings (temporary)

Quote:
CW The Vampire Diaries 1.2 2.55
Source: Nielsen Media Research

And James Hibberd from EW added:

Quote:
The CW! Welcome to the party. The Vampire Diaries returned down 29 percent for its fifth season premiere and spin-off The Originals was down 18 percent from Beauty and the Beast premiere in this slot. The CW points out TVD adds 69 percent to its viewership from streaming on other platforms (in other words: “We don’t need your stupid old Nielsen ratings, we have our own new system and it thinks we’re cool!”).

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 10-04-2013 at 09:05 AM
Ladyfuschia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:57 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

I am surprised that I liked the episode as much as I did - I was expecting to be more angry.

But Paul's acting made up for that in every way!

What happened to Matt - his eyes went black!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Banned

Fans are speculating about possession.

It's possible considering what happened in season 3 to Alaric with the ring, that the writers are using again this plot!

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 10-04-2013 at 12:44 PM
Ladyfuschia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm back..and I don't really have much to say. I think this episode was overhyped both in press and promos, so...but it was OK, quite watchable episode for me. I'd say 5 out of 10 because it was a lot of PW.

Black eyes - the same plot in SPN means demonic possession.
butterfly-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:14 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Ah - yeah that could be it

TVD the recycling show!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

What college are these girls going to? Like damn that dorm room was huge.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Endless Obsession ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbn (View Post)
Ah - yeah that could be it

TVD the recycling show!
Could not have said it any better myself.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:29 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Must be Ian's idea
Reply   Post New Thread