Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Boo on having to wait forever for the next episode. Well at least i still have a few episodes to catch up on. I hope it holds me over. You guys have me excited to catch up and are bringing back my faith and giving me something to look forward too. Thats what has been missing for me.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Banned

Some Damon/Stefan gifs:

Credit

Credit

Credit

Credit

And one last for the road:

Credit
Ladyfuschia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Preliminary ratings are in: TVD scored a 1.2 in the 18-49 bracket and had an estimated 2.42 million viewers. Final ratings to be posted when available.

Last edited by Raguoc; 03-30-2013 at 03:03 PM
Raguoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Damon is a joke. I can't believe he actually had the gall to suggest him and Stefan falling for the same girl is their thing. More like him finding himself attracted to all Stefan's girls is their thing. He even tricked Lexi.
posterity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg the rebekah/stefan/katherine gifs. the best

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Damon is a joke. I can't believe he actually had the gall to suggest him and Stefan falling for the same girl is their thing. More like him finding himself attracted to all Stefan's girls is their thing. He even tricked Lexi.
i will have to agree with you on that. that was a little upsetting.
Love will lead you back to my arms...
...w h e r e. y o u. b e l o n g.
breatheღme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:18 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Yeah - that kinda made me angry too

It is not their thing - it is a Damon thing!

And I actually do not believe Damon when he say "I am sorry" Nope not at all. For me to believe that he has to prove it!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Banned

The character grades review for the last episode is very spot on:

Katherine get A+:

Quote:
Katherine has gone all Jonestown on an unsuspecting suburban utopia, and charmed the townsfolk into becoming her own walking, living blood bank. You have to hand it to her, girl’s got vision. Will someone get her a shot of A-negative on me! In the words of Liz Lemon, “I want to go to there.” The genius part is that the people of Katherineville can only remember the conniving vamp when they’re gazing into her eyes, otherwise they just go about their mundane lives. In short, Katherine for President. Will someone call the American Vampire League from True Blood already?
Elena drops in on her Dorothy-style like a brick house, mucking up all Kat's plans. She gets the bitch back, though. After Elena hijacked her meeting with Elijah, Kitty-Kat came at Elena claws out, snapping her neck: “She needs a nap. It must be exhausting to be me.” Talk about a drop dead entrance. Her ability to lull her victims into a false sense of security rivals that of the Greek sirens. Elena may have finally offered Elijiah the ear plugs to block out her sweet song, though. Katherine relies on her final tactic, trust. It’s been a long time since she trusted someone fully, perhaps since she was human. Is this a disaster waiting to happen? Probably.
Damon got a F because he's a failure on everything

And Stefan a B because " Paul is my doppleganger so I must judge him kindly. A few weeks ago, I signed an autograph as Paul Wesley for a girl in Grand Central, while waiting in the nortoriously long bathroom lines."

However the guy who wrote the review wasn't happy with Stefan's development " Clocking less airtime than Bonnie normally gets, Stefan didn’t serve to advance any major plot points this week. Judging by his windswept hair, I’d say he had a subplot with a tornado that ended up on the cutting room floor. We’ll have to wait for the DVD features to find out."

But curiously he didn't like his plans for the future: "His breakneck epiphany to let Elena live her own life, and develop one of his own, after they find the cure was jarring to say the least. I’m pretty sure the episode ended when it did so he could go consult his diary about the situation."

And my queen Rebekah a B+:

Quote:
Her quest to rediscover her humanity is beginning to eclipse Elena’s transformation into a vampire for me. She wants to live and die on her own terms, without the approval of her brothers. Welcome to the 21st century, girlfriend. She’s still a vampire for now, even though she downed a plecebo cure like it was power hour. I hope becoming a human is the answer your looking for, Becks. Ramen, sunburns and vitamins aren’t all they’re chocked up to be. She also left us with one big conundrum this week: If Elena does get cured, all her feelings for Stefan will come rushing back; the only way she can be with Damon is if she remains a vampire… #TruthBomb

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 03-30-2013 at 11:07 AM
Old 03-30-2013, 09:21 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Who gives these grades

I agree on the F for Damon. Not so sure about A+ to Katherine - but it is no secret that I've never been a fan of Katherine
Old 03-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Banned

Writers from this site: Character Grades

They do other shows but so far i only have read the ones for TVD. I liked them because they are pro Stefan, but this time it was written by someone else than the person who wrote the reviews for season 4 so far (the usual recapper is a girl and she hates Damon and doesn't hide it)

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 03-30-2013 at 02:14 PM
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Oh cool!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Passionate Fan

I guess I'm the minority who didn't like this episode. it wasn't bad or anything, but probably my anticipation for having Katherine and Elijah back just didn't play out quite well. I though with these two the episode could have been more entertaining.
I just can't believe Elijah suddenly realized his life is not the same without golden Katherine's...well, let's say, eyes, and Katherine suddenly all for "I want to remember who I was", yeh, like really, you didn't have a great life before. Oh, well, it felt anticlimactic...
All the other stuff, well, nothing new actually, we heard that already one of the guys closer to the finale of the season proclaims he'll get the hell of of MF and start a new life just one last case and all blah-blah. Don't get me wrong, I like that Stefan said that, I just feel cheated because it's all the same and would never happen.

The mean girls act is also getting old. Katherine is good at it and classy (though I see a hints of making her pathetic like the rest of females on this show, I reserve my judgment till the end of the season), Elena just looks like out of this league. She sucks at means girl act not matter how she tries, she is too cold and not funny at all. Rebekah was there just...I don't know...as Elena's bodyguard. And where was the "epic" showdown between Elena and Katherine? I must have blinked that.

So overal the episode felt more like a filler to me and didn't bring anything new to the table.
butterfly-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen the episode yet but that promo is gonna kill me. But I feel like Elena is just playing Stefan!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Tea, I feel like they are playing each other at the dance, but I have a feeling some ray of hope will be at the end of the next episode. I just have that feeling.
butterfly-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:49 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee_ph (View Post)
I haven't seen the episode yet but that promo is gonna kill me. But I feel like Elena is just playing Stefan!
You should watch it when you get time - I actually thought it was one of the better episodes

The promo - well it is a promo and we all know how misleading they tend to be
Reply   Post New Thread