Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I am mad. I am mad at Caroline and I am mad at the writers for destroying the one friendship/relationship that I adored.
I am not sure what Caroline did that was so horrible. She was pushy at the beginning but she was genuinely hurt about him taking off as if their friendship didn't mean much.

So yeah, she has feelings for him and it is no surprise she doesn't want to spend a lot of time with him right now. She is trying to move past that. Their friendship can never be redeemed if she is secretly hoping he might notice her one day.

Furthermore, I don't see Stefan's guilt as such a bad thing. When I know someone likes me and I did not reciprocate, I feel genuinely terrible about it. It doesn't suddenly make me have pity feelings for someone, or make me feel as if I have to make it up to them. But I do feel sorry about the situation. I think Stefan just feels badly that he missed it because he is her friend and because he feels badly he cannot reciprocate. And I am sure Caroline doesn't hold that part against him. Everyone is aware that you cannot always control feelings.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I am not sure what Caroline did that was so horrible. She was pushy at the beginning but she was genuinely hurt about him taking off as if their friendship didn't mean much.

So yeah, she has feelings for him and it is no surprise she doesn't want to spend a lot of time with him right now. She is trying to move past that. Their friendship can never be redeemed if she is secretly hoping he might notice her one day.
I was angry at the way the storyline is progressing. I am not actually all that mad at Caroline and for her feeling the way she does.. but as a Stefan fan first, I immediately get on the defensive for him. This show and it's treatment of Stefan has just made me a cranky bitch and sometimes I rant I just think SC deserved so much more then what they have been given.. not every relationship has to be angsty and rifled with contrived nonsense.. and I feel like that is what they have done here. I just wanted better.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 11-16-2014 at 12:30 AM
Old 11-15-2014, 10:54 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
May I please be added?
Added you
Old 11-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguoc (View Post)

I'm really unhappy about the position Caroline has put Stefan in now, effectively saying that he either has to reciprocate her feelings or they can't be in each others' lives. That's not fair to him, and if you ask me, it's totally OOC for Caroline to be selfish.
I didn't see it as her blackmailing him into reciprocating her feelings. She point blank said that she isn't mad with him for not returning her feelings. The way I see it is their friendship could be ruined either by (a) Him treating her disrespectfully which he could control, or (b) Her having unrequited feelings for him which she can't control. Since he could control his behavior she'd rather put the blame on him, even though she understands and forgives his behavior, since she deserves better than to hate herself for something she can't control. The reveal of her feelings caught her off guard and she's embarrassed and hurt. She just needed a reason to create some distance to protect herself and clear her head. Being around him will just make matters worse.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:41 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

They have to redeem their friendship and keep it as a friendship
Old 11-17-2014, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

I'd like to see them get their friendship back first. But I agree with Lexi's idea that you can get more than one epic love so I'd like to see them become more, eventually.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:27 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

We'll just have to agree on disagreeing on that
Old 11-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I didn't see it as her blackmailing him into reciprocating her feelings.
Oh, no, I didn't mean that it was intentional, or blackmailing. But that is the position that he's in.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Well the position she would be in was to continue to be friends with a guy who doesn't like her, which is hard. I don't know about you guys but few women would be able to do that.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

^I've been in the same place
Old 11-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Well the position she would be in was to continue to be friends with a guy who doesn't like her, which is hard. I don't know about you guys but few women would be able to do that.
Personally speaking, I've suppressed feelings a couple of times. I always valued the friendship more and didn't want to risk losing it. So that's the perspective I look at S/C from and I think it's only hard if you make it hard. Everyone's different, I suppose.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:47 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

I hope Caroline values the friendship more too
Old 11-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just think if you threw away the friendship just because the guy does not return your romantic feelings, it just means the friendship never mattered from the start. Yes it is hard, but Caroline chose to "end" the friendship by confessing her feelings. It makes me mad that Stefan is the bad guy just because he does not return her feelings.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:57 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

I just want them to be happy
Old 11-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline just needs time to calm down

x
Closed Thread   Post New Thread