Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
GillianJacobs As if we weren't already insufferable hipsters, @joelmchale and I hipstomaticized
Old 01-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Supreme Fan

New thread!

SO LOVED the 'I'm like Britta's boyfriend' line!

OMG, they are THE coolest Cool Cats EVER! I love Britta's pose next to Jeff's picture in one of the promos and I also love when the Dean takes that picture!

Most rockin' hipster cats around. I Gillian for posting that pic!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

That is awesome
Old 01-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

That picture is made of awesome. Bless Gillian for posting pictures!

I may have to suggest to a tall male friend that we go as Jeff and Britta in these costumes for Halloween this year.

edit: And what's with "the new buzz kill" on the blackboard in the pic?
"As useful as they are, Cylons are simply tools. Nothing more. And to forget that, to blur the distinction between man and machine, and to attribute human qualities, is... folly. There’s no way to know what lies ahead, really. This technology has taken those last few steps to the mountain pass, but beyond is undiscovered country" : Daniel Graystone, icon credit LJ: iwantchips
Old 01-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that picture, Charmqn! Never would've seen it since I don't twitter but now I've made it into my new icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaryanka (View Post)
edit: And what's with "the new buzz kill" on the blackboard in the pic?
The full line on the blackboard in the episode said: Drugs: the New "Buzz kill". Oh Greendale.

Meanwhile, Jeff messing with Britta's phone and then having to pretend to be Britta's boyfriend was possibly even funnier than them dressed as "cool cats".

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 01-29-2011 at 06:36 PM
Old 01-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh, God, great little subtitled gif! Love it!

Seriously. Hipster cats has got to be my favorite Jeff/Britta pic so far! I just LOVE it!

I actually suggested to a friend of mine that we either dress up as hipster cool cats for Halloween this year or for Comic Con (if we end up going).
Old 01-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they both looked soo good as the Cool Cats.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Love that picture from Gillian's twitter. I even made a new layout for the Jeff/Britta LJ community from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucherrygirl (View Post)
SO LOVED the 'I'm like Britta's boyfriend' line!
Me too. That was awesome.
Carrie Bradshaw ♥
Old 01-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

^I saw that, looks pretty snazzy!
"As useful as they are, Cylons are simply tools. Nothing more. And to forget that, to blur the distinction between man and machine, and to attribute human qualities, is... folly. There’s no way to know what lies ahead, really. This technology has taken those last few steps to the mountain pass, but beyond is undiscovered country" : Daniel Graystone, icon credit LJ: iwantchips
Old 01-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ed Westwick

They're both Rockstars!!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaryanka (View Post)
^I saw that, looks pretty snazzy!
Aw, thanks! That's nice of you.
Carrie Bradshaw ♥
Old 02-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Isis, I left a comment about the new layout. Hipster cool cats, FTW. (Also, I learned to change my LJ icon so I actually matched the LJ layout! )

We need to get some conversation and posting going in here. Hmm...

Actually, I have a query that may not be totally related but why did Britta need to remove her bra (and presumably leave it backstage for pervy, scheming, eager hands to find)? I mean, was she wearing a different bra underneath the "cat costume"? I can't imagine why she'd go onstage without it. Personally I'd find it uncomfortable. I guess the leather jacket would cover anything but still... (I do understand that it was mostly for comedic effect but I'm just picking at semantics.)

Hopefully Jeff learned his lesson about messing with Britta's love life. No, scratch that ‒ I hope he learned nothing and continues to mess with her love life in the future, and Britta should do the same.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm...no idea. But I also wondered about the scene where she tells Jeff that her nephew will be at the show and Jeff is like "you'd better get get changed, I'll hold your stuff for you" - it looked to me like she was changed into costume apart from the cat ears and tail. Did she really need to leave to put those two on? Especially considering the costume rack was right there AND Jeff wasn't even changed yet so it's not like there was a rush. I guess for the purposes of the TV show....

And Veiled_Vesta, I agree with the second thing you said
Old 02-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure Jeff learned nothing As for the bra, sadly that was probably a product of bad writing, course to theorize maybe she just wasn't wearing it... she's not huge on top so she could get away with it, I mean I'm about the same build and I'm always doing that
Old 02-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Well, at least I'm not the only one pondering these things. Also, I'm absurdly happy when they do/say stuff at the same time.

Chang: "Did someone say crazy person!?"
Cool Cats: "No."