Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion [4x07] Economics of Marine Biology

Episode Discussion: ECONOMICS OF MARINE BIOLOGY

THE STUDY GROUP HELPS DEAN PELTON GO AFTER A WEALTHY POTENTIAL STUDENT – SHIRLEY AND TROY TACKLE PHYSICAL EDUCATION ‘EDUCATION’ – Dean Pelton (Jim Rash) sets his sights on "whale" (otherwise known as a wealthy potential student) and enlists Jeff (Joel McHale), Britta (Gillian Jacobs) and Annie (Alison Brie) to help in his recruiting efforts. Pierce (Chevy Chase) finds out and is incensed. Meanwhile, Abed (Danny Pudi) begins a new Greendale fraternity, while Troy (Donald Glover) and Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) begin a physical education instruction class, in which Shirley excels… and Troy struggles. Ken Jeong also stars.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

There's only 7 episode left And considering how fast the past 6 weeks have gone... Community will soon be over

Please, give us a season 5! And a season 6 and a movie!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Agree!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice1804 (View Post)
There's only 7 episode left And considering how fast the past 6 weeks have gone... Community will soon be over

Please, give us a season 5! And a season 6 and a movie!
Yes x100000!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't want this season to be the last. I swear if they screw Community out of syndication I will be so mad.

In any case, I am excited that Annie and Britta may have a good plot tonight!

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~
Old 03-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

What is syndication?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice1804 (View Post)
What is syndication?
When reruns of a TV air on a different network. Like Friends is on TBS and Nick. Big Bang Theory reruns on TBS. Like I don't think Friends has been off the air since it went off the air.

NEW SHIP! TROY AND HIS LETS!!!!!!!!!

I didn't laugh out loud that much, but I did like seeing the different mashups of characters.

We hardly ever get Troy and Shirley so that was nice to see. I also liked Jeff getting to know Pierce on a different level. and I LOVED that Pierce didn't ruin anything he was just sad and Jeff made it up to him.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sigh...I didn't laugh once watching today's episode. What's going one?!?!? Is it just me?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marie above said she didn't laugh much, I haven't watched yet.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed Troy and Shirley even tho Troy seemed to be reverting to his S1 self. Their matchups are great, and that was my favorite plot.

Jeff and Pierce was very sweet, but it seems like Pierce's jokes have gotten only more racist. I did like their development at the end, but hopefully their development sticks. I don't like Jeff being mean to Pierce for some reason. I think it's the whole dad/son dynamic.

Annie and the Dean's plot was great. It was a lot like Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking, and I'm glad the Dean decided to not change Greendale for anyone. Also, POP POP!

As for laughs, I'm not a big laugh out loud person anyways, but prolly the funniest moments were with Troy and Shirley's plot. I also liked the tag. Some ppl were freaking out and saying that T/B broke up in that scene and I'm like really guys? It was just a joke scene, and ppl took it way too seriously.

My Tumblah

Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine77 (View Post)
Sigh...I didn't laugh once watching today's episode. What's going one?!?!? Is it just me?
Yeah, I feel the same way plus I feel like everyone was being mean or something like that even it kind of not funny...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't want to blame everything on Dan leaving because there were plenty of episodes which Dan did that I was not crazy about.

It could be just because this show it is in its 4th season and most shows aren't as good as they get older.

I also think that for myself I expect this season to be the end and I feel like they should be giving everything they have each episode and I'm not feeling that. That could be my expectations thoguh.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode was okay, but for some reason, I didn't love it as much as I expected to.
May rewatch to see if I feel differently.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 AM
Extreme Fan

i enjoyed the shirley/troy pairing and that's it.

as for the season so far, it has had some funny and good moments, but it hasn't been the show i used to look forward to. i am not a dan harmonite. following the inner politics of a show is not my thing, so i was very excited about this season, but it's just not working. i'm still watching because of the love i still have for the characters, but even that is fading fast. now i have to admit it seems dan harmon was the soul of the show.

even the worst episodes with harmon left me with some aftertaste, something to think about or be angry about. i don't know what to call it, intensity maybe, but even when some scenes or episodes failed, there was something memorable about them. this season only manages to be cute and bland for the most part and i hardly remember anything from the previous episodes.

abed has been completely replaced by an empty shell of the character he used to be and annie... what did she do other than reacting to the dean in this episode? where did britta go? she seemed to have something to say about pandering to the rich guy, but she just disappeared instead of doing something?
Old 03-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Also, Troy has not been the S3 Troy.

The only character that I feel is getting proper development is Jeff. I really feel like the new showrunners have always been Jeff fanatics, which is fine, but Harmon was a Britta lover and no one could see that in his eps bc he developed all characters at some point.

My Tumblah