Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickygirl (View Post)
Hmmmm...I would love for them to be together, as would many fans, but so far I haven't seen any proof that they are. It looks to me that they are simply very good friends.
I'm not about to start anything with you, so I'll just say my peace and be done with it. There was actually plenty of proof, it was basically in your face. People just refused to believe it for whatever reason. Shane and Maggie were definitely together, they simply broke up. I feel like fans only look at them as celebrities, not real people with real emotions. Sure they're in the spotlight, but that doesn't mean they didn't have the same issues normal couples do. I'm sure they did, they're human just like the rest of us. Right now they are only very close friends, but they were much more than that for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickygirl (View Post)
Really? When was that?
They were together for roughly a year and a half until just recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterboyz (View Post)
OMG you guys! I never thought that Shaggie was real! I mean, I loved that they teased us and all, but I thought that they weren't actually dating! And now I find out they split up??? Ugh! FML. I'm always the last to know!

I read on another site that it was really Shane and LYNDSY who were together, not Shane and Maggie, and that Shaggie was a PR ploy for the show
Don't worry, you weren't the only one who wasn't convinced they were dating. I think a lot of fans were of the mentality that 'if it's too good to be true, then it probably is.' People are very cautious about believing their favorite stars are dating each other for this exact reason. It's precisely why I don't usually ship RL couples besides Shane/Maggie, Ian/Nina and Jensen/Danneel. Because if you're emotionally invested and they do break up, it really does hurt to discover the relationship didn't work out.

Michael/Alex and Shane/Lyndsy shippers have been saying that since San Diego Comic Con 2011. It finally forced them to face the facts and they couldn't handle it, especially since Lyndsy's boyfriend was there with her. They're grasping at straws, because neither of their couples panned out. Now that Shane and Maggie have split, I'm just waiting for the Shane and Lyndsy shippers to come out in full force again. Regardless of the facts, they'll be all over that since he's been hanging out with her more. I've gone through something similar as a part of the TVD fanbase. Even though everyone knows Ian and Nina are together, there's always a faction of bitter fans who claim it's for PR. They actually believe she's really with Paul (who's married) and he's really with Katerina (who has a boyfriend).

Shane and Lyndsy have consistently gone out of their way to emphasize they have a brother/sister relationship. She's had a very serious long-term boyfriend since before the show. He actually attended San Diego Comic Con with her last year, very sweet guy who makes her extremely happy. Just last week, Lyndsy replied to one of Shane's tweets by calling him 'bro.' Shane and Maggie were definitely together and it was NOT for PR. If that were the case, then they'd still be together. Since everyone's getting so excited about a possible Michael and Nikita reunion, now would be the perfect time to put on a showmance. Why break up just before that happens, it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I've been a dedicated Shane West fan for nearly 14 years since he first guest starred on Buffy The Vampire Slayer back in 1998. Nikita introduced me to Maggie, so I've only been a fan of hers for a couple of years. But, I can honestly say I've never seen either of them happier than when they were together. The only time I think Maggie came close was during her relationship with Justin Long back in 2007.

That being said, I don't even think this guy is Maggie's boyfriend anyway. A similar thing happened with Shane back in November of 2010. The paps took a pic of him and some brunette walking arm in arm in Toronto, describing it as a 'romantic stroll.' The pictures weren't couply in the least, they looked like two friends hanging out together. He was never spotted with her again, the same way Maggie was never spotted with David again after last June. She had confirmed the breakup in October of 2010, saying they were still good friends who watched each other's dogs when one of them was out of town. So, it really wasn't surprising to see her hanging out with him. But everyone freaked out and overreacted, assuming they were dating when they weren't. Just like they did with the Shane pics, which were also nothing. Do I think Shane and Maggie broke up or dare I say it are 'on a break?' Absolutely, I'm not denying that whatsoever. There's just something weird to me about the NY pics, especially considering conflicting information coming from TO about the location. And remembering Shane in a similar situation, I'm not convinced this guy is more than a friend. Not to mention, Maggie has always been pretty touchy-feely with her friends of the opposite sex. So, I'm not really surprised she was kind of but not really holding his hand. Plus, she wasn't holding it even close to the way she was holding Shane's at Comic Con last year. As a matter of fact, it looked to me like she was actually removing her hand from his in the last few pics. JMO, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstaar (View Post)
Shane and Maggie where together, not for PR. Shane and Lyndsy never were, Lyndsy has a boyfriend and has since the beginning and even before S1 started filming.
THIS.

ETA: Who's starting the next thread and does anyone have any title suggestions?

Last edited by nhlover4ever; 02-26-2012 at 08:15 PM